Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

slipperalwaysfits

I love the jungle trek! Glad you got to see the lady tiger!

For the record, we did not trigger the sprayers. We left that job to the little kids on the bridge with us.

Leaving that job to the kids is your good deed for the day....and your good deed as a Mom was getting Em that cookie! :geek: :geek:

Don’t let the empty queue fool ya, there were plenty of folks waiting to jingle through the jungle.

I love the Jingle Cruise more than the Jungle Cruise, probably because I'm a Christmas holiday fanatic!

This was stay #20 at my favorite moderate

If only my family took more quick weekend trips like you and @riverside !

Oga’s Cantina. She looked at me and we Star Wars Ignorants said simultaneously, “Book it!

Impressive that you got Oga's and impressive that you got in there in time with the bus not arriving till 6:12

It was a slow shuffle and I managed to take this picture (which looks like a nighttime shot rather than early morning).

I absolutely LOVE this picture!! I love the early morning dawn, it's worth waking up for!

WOW!!! IN ALL YOUR TR'S I've never noticed a Big Thunder Evac! I'd be curious to see how a Pirates evac would work....

MissViv

I should have subtitled today: The day of 30 minute waits. First the airport security line, then DME, and now for the bus to take us to our first park.

View attachment 444642

Hang on to your hats and glasses, cause look where we’re going!

View attachment 444643

The bus went directly to AK. It did not share with POR.

Had to get a picture in front of our second favorite park tree. (The tree is our second favorite, not the park. 🤣)

View attachment 444645

No wait at the AP entrance!

View attachment 444644

I love your pineapple shirt. What brand is it? I have a similar stripe shirt like it that I bought from Chico's.

SharonD

Yay! I have been waiting for this part of your report. I happened to catch a quick post from you in the RotR thread when you scored one of your early boarding groups. Even if you aren’t a SW fan, it is exciting to get such a great BG.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have fun!
Have a great time! Wish I could squeeze in a quick trip like that 😞
Hope you got there without any plane drama! Have a great time girls!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
I say you need a bonus daughter (who can pay her own way) if no one in your party is available whenever you feel like going.....I mean, I’ll volunteer...

Have a wonderful time!!
Thanks, friends! We had a fabulously fun long weekend which I will detail in another report, as soon as I finish this one.

Your volunteer status as bonus daughter is duly noted, @LadyBelle. :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can't wait to read your opinions on RotR. Good job Em! 🙌
Whew!!! I can’t wait!! The suspense is killing me!!!🤣
Wow, you really scored big time this morning!!! I'm not a Star Wars fan either and know virtually nothing about the characters or the movies but I would have felt like I won the lottery if I got Boarding Group 3! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
While I like Star Wars and some of the characters (not a super mega fan), I really really really want to ride RotR, so excited for guys!
Hope to continue our RotR saga later today!

For 2 people who have zero interest in Star Wars, you're scoring some fantastic boarding groups! Lol
This made me LOL. #Truth!

Wow! You're going to have to share any/all tricks to getting a boarding group with 1 digit when you have time!! That's awesome luck/skill!
No tricks, just fortunate.

Yay! I have been waiting for this part of your report. I happened to catch a quick post from you in the RotR thread when you scored one of your early boarding groups. Even if you aren’t a SW fan, it is exciting to get such a great BG.
We were very excited. (Now twice! :joyfull: )

Way too much effort for people to go on that attraction. :in pain: And that photo of the hordes of people at an early hour trying to get into DHS?! (Not that crowds are anything new down there, but wow -- this whole procedure is just a bit over the top for me.) You and Em have more patience and stamina than I do!! ;)
The anticipation was exhilarating for us....enough to do it again! 🤣

I am not a big Star Wars fan either but my niece, who is going with me on this next trip, is so hopefully we can get on. The park doesn't open until 9:00 a.m. on 3/02 when we will be there. Wonder why?
Keep checking park hours as it gets closer to your trip. This past weekend the park was supposed to open at 8 and it changed to 7 a few days prior.

jmunzert

Tuvalu.jpg

not trying to break up your awesome as always trip report but I was just too excited to post this ( and not brave enough to write my own trip report) running into you and your beautiful daughter made my entire trip ( celebrity sighting! ) thank you for being so sweet and not making me feel like a weirdo stalker. and ……. I GOT MY CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS looks like Baby Yoda was smitten as well

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 447100
not trying to break up your awesome as always trip report but I was just too excited to post this ( and not brave enough to write my own trip report) running into you and your beautiful daughter made my entire trip ( celebrity sighting! ) thank you for being so sweet and not making me feel like a weirdo stalker. and ……. I GOT MY CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS looks like Baby Yoda was smitten as well
The pleasure was all mine! I was so flattered you reached out to me. :happy:
Hope you had a magical vacation!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, December 22 (con’t)

Sorry for keeping y’all in suspense. Where I last left off, Em and I were entering the portal to Batuu. Our silly excitement was palpable. Here we were, two non-Star Wars geeks....with no knowledge of any storylines....about to enter an attraction where we would be absolutely CLUELESS about what was going on around us.

2E4CF763-DD3A-40C3-9134-2BD027609E14.jpeg

2EAD0BD8-61E5-49C2-89DF-A9FEF8C92AFA.jpeg

And yet we were pumped. It was the thrill of the unexpected Boarding Group and the chance to find out for ourselves if Rise of the Resistance was really the ultimate theme park attraction ever created.

The next pictures are from the standby queue and the preshow. Scroll quickly if you don’t want to see them. I am SPOILER tag inept. :hilarious:

2CB53A70-5EBA-4979-83DA-B45EEB2A8423.jpeg

C7D62C89-CAB7-4E06-BC8A-0ED10EE9218E.jpeg

“Hey Em, what do you think this stuff is?”
“I have no idea.” 🤣

ACE4B062-65CB-4A24-92B6-F1B9F919214C.jpeg

I’ll just call this Stuff in Cages.

C00E16F1-67A3-43B6-AED4-2A32DF558757.jpeg

We never stopped walking until we reached the end of the queue. I would later read this is very unusual since the queue quickly fills up with multiple Boarding Groups. And when something in the attraction breaks down (which seems to happen frequently) the line increases exponentially.

Of course a slower walk through the queue to absorb all the details (which were lost on us) would be the preferred method for a Star Wars aficionado.

We made it to the preshow!

6E0B096F-4FD4-4173-8F53-5ECB52564580.jpeg

Look, it’s BB-8! We only know this from the Meet and Greet we did with him a couple years ago. Why did we do a Meet and Greet with a droid? Because it was “a thing” at the time.

1A299019-6B83-4320-90CD-A1FF450DA061.jpeg

Stormtroopers I’m familiar with. I have always thought they were cool. I understand they are the bad guys, but what woman doesn’t pine a little for a bad guy?

E945BB71-FC0B-4325-BE3B-8A959EBEDE0A.jpeg

I wasn’t sure how long we’d be able to stay in this area, so I quickly snapped a pic of Em to send to her brothers. And Woody. And my brothers. And everyone else who would be jealous of where we were. 🤣

AD3DDE57-63BA-4C23-9CAE-701A316CB9D0.jpeg

So what did we think? RotR is not an attraction. Attraction implies passivity. RotR is an unforgettable experience. We were blown away by the technology, animatronics, action and surprises.

Em said it best: “It may not be our favorite ride, but it is absolutely Disney’s BEST ride.”

93boomer

Premium Member
Sunday, December 22 (con’t)

Sorry for keeping y’all in suspense. Where I last left off, Em and I were entering the portal to Batuu. Our silly excitement was palpable. Here we were, two non-Star Wars geeks....with no knowledge of any storylines....about to enter an attraction where we would be absolutely CLUELESS about what was going on around us.

View attachment 447204

View attachment 447205

And yet we were pumped. It was the thrill of the unexpected Boarding Group and the chance to find out for ourselves if Rise of the Resistance was really the ultimate theme park attraction ever created.

The next pictures are from the standby queue and the preshow. Scroll quickly if you don’t want to see them. I am SPOILER tag inept. :hilarious:

View attachment 447206

View attachment 447207

“Hey Em, what do you think this stuff is?”
“I have no idea.” 🤣

View attachment 447208

I’ll just call this Stuff in Cages.

View attachment 447209

We never stopped walking until we reached the end of the queue. I would later read this is very unusual since the queue quickly fills up with multiple Boarding Groups. And when something in the attraction breaks down (which seems to happen frequently) the line increases exponentially.

Of course a slower walk through the queue to absorb all the details (which were lost on us) would be the preferred method for a Star Wars aficionado.

We made it to the preshow!

View attachment 447210

Look, it’s BB-8! We only know this from the Meet and Greet we did with him a couple years ago. Why did we do a Meet and Greet with a droid? Because it was “a thing” at the time.

View attachment 447211

Stormtroopers I’m familiar with. I have always thought they were cool. I understand they are the bad guys, but what woman doesn’t pine a little for a bad guy?

View attachment 447212

I wasn’t sure how long we’d be able to stay in this area, so I quickly snapped a pic of Em to send to her brothers. And Woody. And my brothers. And everyone else who would be jealous of where we were. 🤣

View attachment 447213

So what did we think? RotR is not an attraction. Attraction implies passivity. RotR is an unforgettable experience. We were blown away by the technology, animatronics, action and surprises.

Em said it best: “It may not be our favorite ride, but it is absolutely Disney’s BEST ride.”
I give this 4 ❤️ and 4 🤣🤣🤣🤣!
The picture of your excitement is priceless! I do hope we get to enjoy it next trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom