Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I didn’t feel that terrible either - yet whatever I came down with was deemed bad enough by the doctor to get me an additional week of “vacation” (mostly an annoying virus, but I try to be really stingy with germs and not share them at the office so I happily complied with the doctor’s certificate).
You are so thoughtful! Wish the rest of the population was as considerate with their germs.

Awww I like the pjs at the Christmas party! Since Christmas pjs are a tradition for a lot of families, I assume that's why it's associated with the party. I can't imagine wearing cozy pjs outside in Florida though 🥵
More to come......😉

I'm thinking about the more practical issue of how annoying it would be to try to use a public ladies room in a one piece jammie?! o_O
Just sayin....
:hungover: :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I went for a spin around Tomorrowland.

5C5F0BF8-772E-450B-AD1C-F722EDF7EF91.jpeg

And we had #ShirleyStatus!

901B3E11-7657-4810-A543-A7EF747BE418.jpeg

Told ya it was a light crowd day!

AE5F660D-CEA1-4A92-8DA2-3A61BFB28344.jpeg

The ride stopped in front of the prototype Community of Tomorrow model so I was able to take a couple pics. The model is one of Woody’s faves.

46F86155-F80A-4DD3-8C64-1C3679D72D35.jpeg

8C2F5B02-6C34-438A-BFA4-9CC5E160E04E.jpeg

We were stopped for so long the lights came on!

3987CBEA-8088-4181-ABAA-A8A64FD000D9.jpeg

Eventually the Peoplemover started up again and we were on our way.

9E840B0B-13B4-4DDB-AF0E-A60695650DED.jpeg

Because you can never have too many Tron construction shots. 🙄

2DC7C304-541C-4124-B7AA-DBD1CF7C29E7.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lunchtime!

634B3579-C7D8-4CB9-905A-DA4CE4A92BD2.jpeg

I was surprised to see the check in kiosk unstaffed.

26C03835-8EEF-4A88-94CE-7182F4770796.jpeg

CMs were scanning bands at the entrance to the bridge. I wondered if this was a temporary change and if it only applied at lunch. I still don’t know the answer, but no one was in the kiosk when Em and I had lunch at BOG a month later.

When the Christmas decorations are out there is only one dining room for me!

F07CF607-FE8F-44A8-BA6F-F96C5FAC3D7F.jpeg

837BC872-B8AC-4C41-A610-191E4B6E5DFD.jpeg

ED7FF824-7358-4BDD-ACB9-FB5838DB65AB.jpeg

Ornament close-ups 😍

B08EFBEE-860A-4849-9BDF-56483771FE22.jpeg

A0377E5A-DD3D-4222-BC85-2B58BC7B5299.jpeg

We shared the turkey sandwich and fries (but how we miss the green beans jardinière!)

92E4F935-00EA-40C7-8910-3FBC7F6BEA7D.jpeg

You will note two Master’s cupcakes. Tuvalu does not share the grey stuff!

879EF7F6-6A6B-4E44-A1A8-C1C0EBB008C0.jpeg

Woody said it was one of his best BOG meals in recent history. The turkey was tender, the baguette was the perfect combo of soft/crisp and the fries were hot and not too salty. And....unlike at Le Cellier.....the manager actually stopped by our table to ask if everything was to our liking!

Matt and Kelly

Those ornaments are the cutest! Too bad you can’t find them in stores.
Would you frown upon wearing onesies over your dance attire lol? I admit our girls wear them all the time to dance but I draw the line at the restaurants.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
CMs were scanning bands at the entrance to the bridge. I wondered if this was a temporary change and if it only applied at lunch. I still don’t know the answer, but no one was in the kiosk when Em and I had lunch at BOG a month later.

Curious: does every park guest have to get a wrist band now? Last time (about a year and half ago) when I went to the parks I still had the plastic (Park Hopper) card (which I had bought at AAA prior to my trip).

So if a guest still had the plastic card only (which does not "load" any additional information--it's just the regular park entry card), would it mean that there was no way for these CMs to verify a luncheon reservation? I'd think at least with the kiosk windows, the CMs would probably have a computer where they could look up a reservation online, if a guest did not have a wrist band.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you had a good lunch experience at Be Our Guest. Perhaps they’ve changed their ways!
Em and I had another great lunch in December, so I'm two for two!

Those ornaments are the cutest! Too bad you can’t find them in stores.
Would you frown upon wearing onesies over your dance attire lol? I admit our girls wear them all the time to dance but I draw the line at the restaurants.
I would totally buy those ornaments!
Onesies as coverups for dance/sports activities? As @Darstarr would say, I'll allow it. :joyfull:

Curious: does every park guest have to get a wrist band now? Last time (about a year and half ago) when I went to the parks I still had the plastic (Park Hopper) card (which I had bought at AAA prior to my trip).

So if a guest still had the plastic card only (which does not "load" any additional information--it's just the regular park entry card), would it mean that there was no way for these CMs to verify a luncheon reservation? I'd think at least with the kiosk windows, the CMs would probably have a computer where they could look up a reservation online, if a guest did not have a wrist band.
MagicBands are still not required.

The CMs use iPads (they had them in the kiosks too, in addition to computers) so they are able to search for and verify ADRs for guests without bands. Scanning a band with the iPad just makes the process go faster.

Ornament close-ups 😍

View attachment 441484

View attachment 441485
[/QUOTE]

Oooooo!! Are they NICE!! I love those ornaments!! I’ve never been at Christmas time but thanks to your spectacular trip reports I keep adding to my holiday “must-sees”! Instead of Stacy’s Must Dos I’ve got a Tuvalu’s Must Sees list! 😂 lol!!

Ps. Has the strawberry cupcake made a return to BOG yet?!? 🤞 I sooo loved that one!!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, con’t

Since we were already in the neighborhood we went to visit Ariel and friends after our yummy BOG lunch.

89EE924E-F5B4-4742-ACEE-5E9CB0D899DF.jpeg

I caught Ariel and Eric’s waves.....

5B0BF343-B9F1-426D-A0CC-772D9F5135EB.jpeg

....and my favorite wave of all....:inlove:

99EBD58A-78E2-4F5C-85F5-E5067040E1F8.jpeg

Though we’d already visited Haunted Mansion we still had a FP to use.

DDCA4CD6-50BE-4196-A72D-1D174827F378.jpeg

4F827002-22E3-4F61-8844-42CD23A9A3DB.jpeg

Walking back into Fantasyland we were pleasantly surprised it was not shoulder-to-shoulder people as it typically is here in this bottleneck.

54659A81-E0B5-4407-B625-DFA1E9CDE167.jpeg

We were on our way to use our final FP at Pooh. Upon our arrival, I noticed the touch point was covered by a wooden box. A CM with an iPad scanned our bands instead.

Such pretty flowers beside the FP queue!

D393049F-F969-44B9-8FD9-68C499E642BC.jpeg

Such a handsome man beside the pretty flowers!

06E4FEB2-E1C3-4F4B-8F47-A6DA28B41B66.jpeg

I always have to look around the gift shop at the attraction exit. Today something on a high shelf behind the registers caught my eye. He was alone. And although he was sleeping, I knew he needed me.

Okay, I needed HIM. But one look at this sweet face.....I mean, how could I resist?

481F24AF-E254-4457-80B5-432C99BEE034.jpeg

And ever since Dream Friend Pooh arrived home, Poly hasn’t been able to resist him either.

F1C56108-FC87-42E7-9759-55738B43D6C1.jpeg

MissViv

Thursday, con’t

Since we were already in the neighborhood we went to visit Ariel and friends after our yummy BOG lunch.

View attachment 441827

View attachment 441829

View attachment 441830

View attachment 441833

View attachment 441834

Walking back into Fantasyland we were pleasantly surprised it was not shoulder-to-shoulder people as it typically is here in this bottleneck.

View attachment 441831

We were on our way to use our final FP at Pooh. Upon our arrival, I noticed the touch point was covered by a wooden box. A CM with an iPad scanned our bands instead.

View attachment 441837

View attachment 441838

I always have to look around the gift shop at the attraction exit. Today something on a high shelf behind the registers caught my eye. He was alone. And although he was sleeping, I knew he needed me.

Okay, I needed HIM. But one look at this sweet face.....I mean, how could I resist?

View attachment 441840

And ever since Dream Friend Pooh arrived home, Poly hasn’t been able to resist him either.

View attachment 441843

So cute! We have two cats, Sadie & Phoebe. They are like our children.

MissViv

When you go back to Disney in Feb.., will you send me the current bounce back offer. I am going to be there 3/02 and want to start planning my next Disney trip!

93boomer

Premium Member
Thursday, con’t

View attachment 441827

View attachment 441829

View attachment 441830

View attachment 441833

View attachment 441834

View attachment 441831

View attachment 441837

View attachment 441838

View attachment 441840

View attachment 441843
I love the Pooh!!! I may need one!🤔
I love your face on HM. Woody was totally nonchalant and you were like “Crikey, what’s happening!!” 🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love the Pooh!!! I may need one!🤔
Hopefully he won’t be hard to find. (You know there’s gotta be more to the Pooh story! 😉)

When you go back to Disney in Feb.., will you send me the current bounce back offer. I am going to be there 3/02 and want to start planning my next Disney trip!
You can start planning now. This is the offer through August.

9F2572E4-8601-4DAC-912F-8FF95180802A.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody and I could have easily stayed longer in the park (thanks to perfect weather and low crowds) but we’d be returning that evening for MVMCP and decided a break would be the better choice.

On our way out I discovered no one was waiting for the Where in the World photo op and good-sport Woody agreed to stop.

A zoom video is included with this photo op and it’s even more fun than the still pictures. Our granddaughter Tuvalette was mesmerized watching it.

84D7A1E4-166C-4F6F-9B2F-D4F1453BB9D5.jpeg

DCD71D22-5146-4EA9-AE19-8CAB5199541C.jpeg

Hub tree ornaments not nearly as 😍as those on the BOG tree.

07D04F9A-39AB-4A90-887D-C6C05F306962.jpeg

An express monorail glided past as we were exiting. I overheard a conversation behind us.

“The monorail goes underneath Disneyland and becomes the subway.”

Ummmm, not in California. An Asian park, perhaps? Or was this just an ignorant comment? (Help me out @amjt660 or @bee.)

Woody and I just missed the ferry for the Lodge so we went to the bus stop. There was just one other person waiting ~ a very heavily-perfumed woman.

There was no escaping the pungent aroma. We stood in a thick cloud of fragrance for nearly 20 minutes. We were dying.

Please oh please be our bus, Donald!

0CBFB37C-972B-460B-B26C-752069E3D1EA.jpeg

THANK GOODNESS!!

60F0D9A7-33D8-4AC5-9787-3372227DE3DC.jpeg

Chanel no. 5 boarded first and went to the back of the bus. Woody and I plopped down next to the driver.

We both popped a Tylenol when we got back to the room.

93boomer

Premium Member
Woody and I could have easily stayed longer in the park (thanks to perfect weather and low crowds) but we’d be returning that evening for MVMCP and decided a break would be the better choice.

On our way out I discovered no one was waiting for the Where in the World photo op and good-sport Woody agreed to stop.

A zoom video is included with this photo op and it’s even more fun than the still pictures. Our granddaughter Tuvalette was mesmerized watching it.

View attachment 441864

View attachment 441865

Hub tree ornaments not nearly as 😍as those on the BOG tree.

View attachment 441867

An express monorail glided past as we were exiting. I overheard a conversation behind us.

“The monorail goes underneath Disneyland and becomes the subway.”

Ummmm, not in California. An Asian park, perhaps? Or was this just an ignorant comment? (Help me out @amjt660 or @bee.)

Woody and I just missed the ferry for the Lodge so we went to the bus stop. There was just one other person waiting ~ a very heavily-perfumed woman.

There was no escaping the pungent aroma. We stood in a thick cloud of fragrance for nearly 20 minutes. We were dying.

Please oh please be our bus, Donald!

View attachment 441866

THANK GOODNESS!!

View attachment 441868

Chanel no. 5 boarded first and went to the back of the bus. Woody and I plopped down next to the driver.

We both popped a Tylenol when we got back to the room.
Well I can tell you one thing, I couldn’t have stood there with Ms Chanel 5 with my asthma! 🥱

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom