Pre-Trip It’s a trap?!

I have either made the best or worst vacation decision.

In May 2019 I will be combining a Universal trip with my MIL and SIL with a WDW trip with my immediate family.

I love my family but... I’ve come to realize that traveling with them isn’t my favorite way to vacation. It has the potential to get a little tense. But this time it may be better. Maybe?

I haven’t traveled with my MIL in like 15 years and never with my SIL. But in the spirit of this thread title... I have a bad feeling about this. This portion of the trip also has potential to be good or a disaster.

That’s why I choose “It’s a trap?!” as my pre trip title. I hope everything goes well but gut feeling is that it be messy.

Part 1: Accio Wine!
  • 3 Nights at Cabana Bay
  • 2 full park days at Universal and maybe partials on the either end.
  • The Cast:
    • MIL
    • SIL
    • and I (BES)
Part 2: Dysfunctional still has the word fun in it, right?
  • 1 night at AKL in a 1 bedroom villa.
  • 6 nights at POP in 2 rooms.
  • 7 days of park hopping
  • The Cast:
    • my parents
    • my younger brother
    • my nephew (who will be 8)
    • and myself
The (mis)adventure begins in 68 days.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Original Poster
BES: One bummer thing if I end up being [on a 9 month booze and sushi break] this year I wouldn’t be able to see all the Star Wars stuff for years. I was kind of hoping to sneak in another quick trip before my AP expires.

DH: You could still go. You just couldn’t ride a lot of stuff.

BES: Just walking around and snacking are also very important parts to a Disney trip. I could (hopefully) still do those.

DH: ...Maybe we could go together.

BES:

This is the most interest DH has expressed in doing anything Disney- ever.

There’s just too much up in the air right now to actually get serious about this but... I am tentatively dreaming about a little trip in Oct. or Nov.

Maybe DH would like Coronado. 🤔It’s not too Disney... ok. I had better stop thinking about this. I don’t want to spook him. Gotta play this real cool.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
BES: One bummer thing if I end up being [on a 9 month booze and sushi break] this year I wouldn’t be able to see all the Star Wars stuff for years. I was kind of hoping to sneak in another quick trip before my AP expires.

DH: You could still go. You just couldn’t ride a lot of stuff.

BES: Just walking around and snacking are also very important parts to a Disney trip. I could (hopefully) still do those.

DH: ...Maybe we could go together.

BES:
View attachment 363866

This is the most interest DH has expressed in doing anything Disney- ever.

There’s just too much up in the air right now to actually get serious about this but... I am tentatively dreaming about a little trip in Oct. or Nov.

Maybe DH would like Coronado. 🤔It’s not too Disney... ok. I had better stop thinking about this. I don’t want to spook him. Gotta play this real cool.
Cool? Cool? Good luck!!!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
This weekend mom and I started comparing our game plans for the Flower and Garden booths.

DH looked over the booth menu list and was intrigued. By a hotdog with pineapple chutney. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I couldn’t help it and pointed out that if we go in the fall that he could also enjoy the food booths...

I only did a quick run-through so I might alter slightly later.
  • Green = must try.
  • Crossed out = nope.
  • Unmarked =neutral. (Likely would try especially if someone would share/ time permits.)
22 days until Universal. 25 days until Disney!

Equally exciting only 18 more days until my vacation from work starts.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
I haven't had it at WDW but I got the recipe and have made it for myself few times at home when DH and kids have hotdogs because I won't eat one otherwise lol

It does sound like a better than normal way to have a hot dog. Just have never been a big hot dog fan. Just thought it was funny out of the entire list of foods that’s what he got excited about.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
After a delay in Ohio (😒) these finally arrived:

Just mine and my brother’s since he’s under my POP reservation. We declined bands for our 1 night at AKL.

Yesterday I booked the Mears shared shuttle to get from MCO to Cabana Bay. Also will use it go back to the airport to start phase II of the trip.

Had to fudge a return flight. 😏Hopefully I fudged correctly and I will get to MCO around the time my family is landing and then we all take the DME together.

Yesterday I also adjusted my seats for one of my arrival flights. I had initially picked a middle seat for my ATL to MCO flight. It probably wouldn’t have been a big deal but... I ended up using some points to upgrade to a window seat waaaay closer to the front. Bonus: the seat also comes with a drink. 🥂🍊

This little weirdo has been creeping on me extra close lately.

I think she knows something is up. And I haven’t even touched the luggage yet...

20 days!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Trip goal #2:

Not looking a hot mess.

I have been inspired by @sheriffwoody @Doc Disney @Darstarr etc* to perhaps put a little more effort into my appearance this trip. (*apologies to anyone I didn’t include. Everyone looks super adorbs!)

Weather permitting I may actually try to do my hair. (At least I’ll bring some products unlike last trip). If @Darstarr brings the rain she promised the hair part of this goal will be a big frizzy fail.

I’m actually going put some effort into clothes too. (Usually my ‘style’ is throwing stuff into my suitcase as I frantically pack at the last minute and then later pulling out random combinations pre-coffee.)

This time I’m going to pack early and more thoughtfully. I got some new shirts already. I may get wild and pair up stuff ahead of time too.

I have multiple colored magic bands now so I may try to coordinate them with clothes.

My normal vacation MO is “eh, these are all strangers- pony tail again it is.” If I do one step above that this trip I’ll consider this goal met.

Rista1313

Trip goal #2:

Not looking a hot mess.

I have been inspired by @sheriffwoody @Doc Disney @Darstarr etc* to perhaps put a little more effort into my appearance this trip. (*apologies to anyone I didn’t include. Everyone looks super adorbs!)

Weather permitting I may actually try to do my hair. (At least I’ll bring some products unlike last trip). If @Darstarr brings the rain she promised the hair part of this goal will be a big frizzy fail.

I’m actually going put some effort into clothes too. (Usually my ‘style’ is throwing stuff into my suitcase as I frantically pack at the last minute and then later pulling out random combinations pre-coffee.)

This time I’m going to pack early and more thoughtfully. I got some new shirts already. I may get wild and pair up stuff ahead of time too.

I have multiple colored magic bands now so I may try to coordinate them with clothes.

My normal vacation MO is “eh, these are all strangers- pony tail again it is.” If I do one step above that this trip I’ll consider this goal met.

I always want to leave my hair down and look really cute too, but I get overheated and have to put it up after just an hour or so anyway... so I just go with it and start out that way.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Trip goal #2:

Not looking a hot mess.

On the way into MK this morning I was at security. He was checking my bag and I was putting my hair in a bun. I said, “Florida, great for my skin but awful for my hair.” He agreed and told me his hair becomes a frizzy mess. His hair was 1/2 an inch long!!!

MegRuss626

Trip goal #2:

Not looking a hot mess.

Fellow hair foe of humidity 🙋🏻‍♀️ I discovered this product last spring and it helps some...granted humidity is a big old jerk no matter what but it does help!

Also, kohl’s and hot topic have a great selection of grown up Disney clothes if you need more! And Etsy has the motherload!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Fellow hair foe of humidity 🙋🏻‍♀️ I discovered this product last spring and it helps some...granted humidity is a big old jerk no matter what but it does help!

Also, kohl’s and hot topic have a great selection of grown up Disney clothes if you need more! And Etsy has the motherload!

Thanks for the hair product recommendation. I’ll have to give that one a try. I honestly avoided that brand previously just because of the name. Especially in humidity my hair isn’t lacking in big-ness. 😂

MegRuss626

Thanks for the hair product recommendation. I’ll have to give that one a try. I honestly avoided that brand previously just because of the name. Especially in humidity my hair isn’t lacking in big-ness. 😂

Haha the name totally gets me too! 😂😂😂 They make the best dry shampoo too! And I feel you...my hair is thick, curly/wavy (but I mostly straighten it), and loves to frizz in humidity!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
In exactly 2 weeks I will be at Cabana Bay awaiting the arrival of MIL and SIL. (Likely trying to build up as much extra introvert reserve power as possible.)

I only have 6.5 more days of work before the trip too which is almost as exciting as the trip countdown itself.

(Ok. Ok. That is a lie. It just feels like a long time.)

Tomorrow I’ll start packing. Probably. Maybe.

Trip Goal #3: No hamburgers. This was super easy to accomplish last trip. This is partially to remind myself to try new things and partially because very rarely is a hamburger tasty enough to outweigh how crummy I feel afterwards.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
9 days! Single digits now. 😱

Suitcases are out. Clothing situation has been assessed. Shirt and short combinations have been pre-matched.

Only 3 more days/4 more shifts of work pre trip. Those other 6 days are looking pretty full.

Yesterday my throat felt odd. Today it is more so painful. Really hoping this is allergies-related.

Going to watch The Avengers: Endgame tonight. With how I’m feeling now I think it may end up being an expensive nap.

Come on body. We can do this.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
9 days! Single digits now. 😱

Suitcases are out. Clothing situation has been assessed. Shirt and short combinations have been pre-matched.

Only 3 more days/4 more shifts of work pre trip. Those other 6 days are looking pretty full.

Yesterday my throat felt odd. Today it is more so painful. Really hoping this is allergies-related.

Going to watch The Avengers: Endgame tonight. With how I’m feeling now I think it may end up being an expensive nap.

Come on body. We can do this.
Airborne!
Vitamin C!
Cold eze!
Take it all!!!!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Airborne!
Vitamin C!
Cold eze!
Take it all!!!!

For sure! I may even give this whole rest and fluids thing a try too.

Grass pollen just started here, so even though the tree pollen didn't affect me, this definitely is. Claritin and Mucinex have been my friends. Hoping yours clears up!

Luckily (for allergies- unluckily in general) it’s been too cold here for spring to really be in full swing yet. (We narrowly avoided snow yesterday.)

My eyes/face hasn’t started to itch yet so I’m not sure how allergy related this is.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Original Poster
Only of 12 hours of work left today and then starts my 17 day stretch off.😍 I don’t think I’ve had that many days off in a row since.... oh. Years ago before I had my calendar on my phone apparently. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Tomorrow I will start pack in earnest. Right after I finish cleaning and prepping for a small party we are hosting Saturday.

This week bro lamented that he can’t skateboard during the trip. And nephew is freaking out that he will miss some Fortnite thing while we are gone. Mom exclaimed that sometimes she doesn’t even know why we are going.

And so it begins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom