ISTCrew's Originals - March 14th 2004

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
After last weeks fiasco, I said I would not be changing my updates. Well, I lied. I no longer refer to them as updates. I now call them "ISTCrew Originals", because, well they are "original". So without further ado, here is the March 14 ISTCrew Original!

I met up with Kenan at 11:30 at Animal Kingdom, and took a little voyage there, and then went to MGM. Then Kenan left to go to Epcot from MGM, and I went to Pop Century, so in this update, AK, MGM, and PC.

At Animal Kingdom...
--Triceratop Spin was being tested today. No riders or nothing, but just the vehicles were going up and down.
--The Tarzan Construction wall was still up for the Everest Construction.
--The Wall for the the Construction of Everest in Asia is gone. The path has been widened to almost triple the size it originally was. The CM nearby told Kenan and I that the path will have a "Grand Opening Ceremony" (I know...a ceremony for a footpath) on Friday, with the path being opened to guests on Saturday. I doubt any ceremony will be taking place, and it will probably just open to guests on Friday. It seemed all the construction going on in the area was just landscaping by the footpath. The lady also said that only the bathrooms will open, and that the restaurant will open with Everest. As of now, one of the buildings in the village area is restrooms, and the other is a hut, and that is where the restaurant will be going. The picture of the path was NOT on the map. The picture that Alex (1ststaric2night) posted of the path on the map is not accurate. The path is much wider, and not pink. As of now, only benches and a rope are blocking it.
--Not much has changed in the scope of the actual mountain. A blue construction wall has been put up in front of the mountain. The track is still not visible, only supports. If I'm correct in my assumptions, the new support that they just put up, looks alot like a "bank" support that is seen on other coasters. If that is indeed a support for a banked piece of track, there may be some highly banked turns on Everest.
--A permanent food stand in Camp Minnie Mickey is under rehab.
--The big Pride Rock advertising Lion King 1 1/2 in front of AK has been removed, along with the temporary gift stand that was there.

So after AK, we had a *very interesting* (to say the least) bus ride over to Swan and Dolphin and we planned to walk over to MGM. Our bus stopped to pick up people at Blizzard Beach, and considering how hot it was today, Blizzard Beach was a ghost town (judging by the parking lot)

At MGM...
--The thing I reported last week of the elevator not pausing before dropping on TOT is no longer true. I guess it was just the elevators I was on last week, but this week, both times we did it, the elevator paused.
--Staring Roles Bakery is still under rehab.
--Stunt Show construction is progressing rapidly. Kenan got some good pictures, at a top secret photo location that I found lol. Once you find it, you can get a shot of the whole stunt show area, which is alot bigger when you view it from this certain angle.
--The painting of Tattione Traders, or as I call it, The Star Wars Shop, was completed.
--The ending of "Drawn to Animation" was changed. Drawn to Animation was the small movie involving Mushu, and the live CM on the Animation Tour. At the end, the CM used to say something to the effect of "Lets see one of the characters from our newest animated film" and it showed the animator and the character. It used to be Koda. And NOW...It's Buck, from Home on the Range. Something that I thought was, at the end of the short movie, the animator says "I have a feeling Home on the Range will make Buck (a great star). The way he says it, it sounds like he will say "I have A feeling Home on the Range will make BUCKS!".It was just a little weird.

After going around MGM for a long while, we left the park. I went to Pop Century to get picked up, and Kenan went back to Epcot. I was at Pop Century and noticed...

--Planters and tall grass and weeds were added to the area below the "Bike Wheel" bicycle. A sign was also added saying "No Climbing".

--Also, I was looking in the shop, and found a shirt that...it just didn't seem like a "Disney" shirt. I don't know if it was just my teenaged mind, but they have a mens T-shirt, with Jessica Rabbit on it, saying something like "Jessica's Long Boards-"Making them Big since 19XX". I guess that could be interpreted in a few ways, but the way I viewed it, It seemed like it Did not need to be sold by Disney.

So, I get picked up by my mother, and she tells me that I "HAVE TO" go to Disney tomorrow. So, look for another update (most likely Epcot and MK and a little more AK) up tomorrow night!

Pictures will be up soon, and then some more will be up when Kenan send them to me. Great, my ISTCrew Original is done, so I can get back to eating my Tie Dye Cheesecake lol...Goodnight.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
--Also, I was looking in the shop, and found a shirt that...it just didn't seem like a "Disney" shirt. I don't know if it was just my teenaged mind, but they have a mens T-shirt, with Jessica Rabbit on it, saying something like "Jessica's Long Boards-"Making them Big since 19XX". I guess that could be interpreted in a few ways, but the way I viewed it, It seemed like it Did not need to be sold by Disney.

Theres a bunch like that, in that style at World of Disney in DTD and at MouseGear in Epcot. (I think i saw them at the Emporium in the MK last month) As amusing as they are, im inclined to agree. No need for that kinda suggestive stuff, even if she's not bad - just drawn that way.

1stStarIC2nite

Great update... very "original".. bahahaha

Ew, that Jessica shirt is totally not Disney, I bet. I just can't imagine them selling that...

Oh, so the pathway isnt on the map? Odd, because I knew I wasn't seeing things when I took that picture. lol.

Btw, it's 1stStarIC2NITE, lol, get it right patrick :rolleyes: :lol:

Excellente'

MKCP 1985

Re: Re: ISTCrew's Originals - March 14th 2004

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
No need for that kinda suggestive stuff, even if she's not bad - just drawn that way.

She certainly is . . . drawn that way, I mean. I wanna have a character breakfast with Jessica Rabbit. Let's put her in the Grand Floridian and say goodbye to Mary Poppins!

Everest is going to capture all our imaginations for a while, I'm sure. Thanks for the update, err, original report, ISTCrew20.

surfsupdon

"The Original is still best."

Thanks for the update, glad you had fun, and seems you and Kenan got a lot of walking in....good, haha.;)

Thanks for also verifying that the AK new walkway is in fact not pink. I was worried for a little bit.

YAY for a Mamasita free day!!

Timekeeper

Look into my eye

I think that what is or is not "suggestive" is, as they say, "in the eye of the beholder."

The shirt mentioned is fine. What it suggests, literally, is in reference to the Long Boards. Nothing more. If someone sees additional suggestions in that phrase, that's a personal conclusion for that viewer.

I hear teenagers laughing at almost anything said because it "suggests" something. This is rediculous. The Epcot ball, Cinderella's Castle, MGM Blue Hat, any of those landmarks could "suggest" something to the person that wants to interpret it that way.

I might be standing in line for Mission:Space, and a 15 year old boy spills water on a 14 year old girl next to him, the girl will say "you got me wet," then all those kids start gigling. It's rediculous.

Pleasure Island is a "Disney" attraction for adults (literally, as there's an age minimum for entrance.) As such, there's no reason for WDW to obstain from providing that which an adult (or any person for that matter) may enjoy.

Something that's "suggestive" to a 16 year old male from Florida may have no suggestive meaning to a 38 year old woman from England. Thus, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Timekeeper

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by surfsupdon
"The Original is still best."

Thanks for the update, glad you had fun, and seems you and Kenan got a lot of walking in....good, haha.;)

Thanks for also verifying that the AK new walkway is in fact not pink. I was worried for a little bit.

YAY for a Mamasita free day!!

Not even one fry for him :rolleyes: :lol: ..

Boy o Boy...Mamasita was something

Pictures are up:)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Re: Look into my eye

Originally posted by Timekeeper
I think that what is or is not "suggestive" is, as they say, "in the eye of the beholder."

The shirt mentioned is fine. What it suggests, literally, is in reference to the Long Boards. Nothing more. If someone sees additional suggestions in that phrase, that's a personal conclusion for that viewer.

I hear teenagers laughing at almost anything said because it "suggests" something. This is rediculous. The Epcot ball, Cinderella's Castle, MGM Blue Hat, any of those landmarks could "suggest" something to the person that wants to interpret it that way.

I might be standing in line for Mission:Space, and a 15 year old boy spills water on a 14 year old girl next to him, the girl will say "you got me wet," then all those kids start gigling. It's rediculous.

Pleasure Island is a "Disney" attraction for adults (literally, as there's an age minimum for entrance.) As such, there's no reason for WDW to obstain from providing that which an adult (or any person for that matter) may enjoy.

Something that's "suggestive" to a 16 year old male from Florida may have no suggestive meaning to a 38 year old woman from England. Thus, it's in the eye of the beholder.

Timekeeper

And that's exactly what I said up there. In the eye of the beholder...that's all :)

surfsupdon

Not even one fry for him :rolleyes: :lol: ..

You better believe it. Knock that fast food off, bring on the water, keep up the walking, and keep giving the "Originals" so I know what's going on at the parks!

And of course, always pass on any Osborne Lights info this a-way!!

Woody13

I was at Pop Century and noticed...

--Planters and tall grass and weeds were added to the area below the "Bike Wheel" bicycle. A sign was also added saying "No Climbing".

When we stayed at the PC last month, we noticed young children climbing over and on everything including the "Big Wheel". If the children weren't big enough to climb on something, their parents would give them an assist! :hammer:

Even saw a couple of children fall and injure themselves while attempting to scale "Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head".

We took pictures of all the icons, because we know that in just a few short months both signs ("No Climbing") and fences will go up around all of these clever creations. We have pictures of "Woody" and "Buzz" before the fences were built around them at All-Star Movies.

Thanks for another great "original".

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Also, I was looking in the shop, and found a shirt that...it just didn't seem like a "Disney" shirt. I don't know if it was just my teenaged mind, but they have a mens T-shirt, with Jessica Rabbit on it, saying something like "Jessica's Long Boards-"Making them Big since 19XX". I guess that could be interpreted in a few ways, but the way I viewed it, It seemed like it Did not need to be sold by Disney.

My non-teenaged mind feels the same way. I saw one for the first time the other day when I was at Universal. I did a double-take and thought that it was a parody shirt or something. Oh well, I suppose it could be worse...

Thanks for the update!

Foolish Mortal

Mom's MAKING you go tomorrow ?? I'm sure she had to twist your arm. Way to go mom. Florida schools not open tomorrow ?

If I remember right, your top secret photo location would be standing on the wheelchair ramp handrail thing at the exit of the Honey I Shrunk the kids play area ??? Or that loading dock type platform next to it. I did the same thing !!! If not you can show me in May.

Thanks as always for the news.

wanabeimagineer

:lol: I bought this shirt on my last trip. I rather like it. I think the suggestiveness that some people may notice or not is funny. I got it at the MouseGear shop. Here's a pic for anyone who hasn't seen it (it's hard to read on this pic, but it says "Jessica's Long Board Surf Shack: Makin' them big since 1950."
Jessica Rabbit Shirt

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by Foolish Mortal
Mom's MAKING you go tomorrow ?? I'm sure she had to twist your arm. Way to go mom. Florida schools not open tomorrow ?

If I remember right, your top secret photo location would be standing on the wheelchair ramp handrail thing at the exit of the Honey I Shrunk the kids play area ??? Or that loading dock type platform next to it. I did the same thing !!! If not you can show me in May.

Thanks as always for the news.

Lol...I guess awhile back, I said I'd go with my aunt (which I don't remember saying at all lol). But my sister and I and my aunt will be there tomorrow, and I will be coming home with yet another ISTCrew Original (boy, thats getting old fast lol) oh and yes, student holiday tomorrow.

se8472

I want a stupid student holiday!

wait I just had spring break...never mind

thanks for the update!

btw I think you hidding spot is the same one I got yelled at for standing on LOL

imagineersrock

oh and yes, student holiday tomorrow.

aw boo.. I unfortunantly, am NOT on a student holiday tomorrow.

up at 5.. oh joy.. :rolleyes:

however, I am going to epcot on friday.. so i suppose that makes up for it right there!:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom