ISTCrew's October 11th WDW Update

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Nice update. I did the Studios and MK as well yesterday. MGM wasn't that bad, RnRC had a 35 min. wait which turned out to be 20, GMR had a 40, but it moved fast. I skipped ToT though, 90 min. wait was ridiculous. But we walked right into Muppet Vision 3D and Star Tours.

And about that MK crowd, dont even get me started.............

It was just plain ridiculous for a crowd like that. Not once in my entire times at the park has it been that bad. I was saying to myself after PhilarMagic, "This has got to be my worst time at MK."

And then came Wishes. The show was just stunning. And less than a minute after came that horrendous rainfall, lasting like forever! We ran straight into Tomorrowland. The streets were just flooded, and tons of people were standing under the TTA and inside Cosmic Ray's. Then we ran to Space Mountain, the entire TL Light and Power Co. Arcade and exit for SM was just soaking wet from people who walked in there to get away from the rain. But people were still waiting outside to get on SM (don't get me wrong, I was too.) It was so bad we had to leave 1 1/2 hours beforee closing, and I was hoping to stay there to be a final rider on AE, but we were all soaked n all, so ya know.........

CTXRover

I'm curious, why was Saturday so swamped at the MK? More importantly, how did Disney know it would be so swamped to have scheduled both Wishes and a FITS performance. Not even during the Christmas season do they ever do a second firework show to please the crowds. What made so many people go? Did the press on the new stuff actually work so fast or was there another reason?

TimeTrip

Its columbus day weekend? If i go to MK tomorrow, I'll expect it to be pretty packed (unfortunately). Last monday was bad at the MK as well (yom kippur maybe).

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
MGM was MUCH busier than MK was yesterday in our experience. Did you see me? we took the exact same path Nemorocks.

Btw, I watched Wishes in the street, right where the tip board is, so that far down the street. It was a perfect viewing area.

Davie

Yep IST it was definitely you and your friend who I :lookaroun saw. I think after the "commercial" oops attraction, you were at the HM merchandise kiosk. I was wearing a green polo shirt and some jean shorts.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by Davie
Yep IST it was definitely you and your friend who I :lookaroun saw. I think after the "commercial" oops attraction, you were at the HM merchandise kiosk. I was wearing a green polo shirt and some jean shorts.

Yea, we went over there, and looked at the Jason Surrel book. And then I hit my hand on the side of cart, and apologized to it lol. I was tired haha. Well, I saw you, so nice seeing you:D

Stitch79

This was Columbus day weekend so there were going to be higher crowds at the parks as there is each holiday weekend. We spent the day at MK and really didn't think it was too bad. I arrived around 11A, started in Adventureland and they only places we noticed with really long wait times were in Fantasyland (Pooh, Dumbo, etc.) The longest we waited was about 35 mins for Space Mountain, which had a posted wait time of 70 mins when we got in line. I have seen *much* bigger crowds at the parks so I think with a little planning the crowds were manageable.

Lol Ist, did you happen to see a crazy girl running around during Wishes wearing a Legolas shirt? Dang, how is it that like everyone at the boards was watching Wishes at the same time as me and I didnt recognize anyone:brick:

Figment1986

:cry: :cry: I did not get to ride Alien Encounter one last time. it was closed and everything was blocking it, they still had the signage up. not covered... No picture due to it being night.. more if i post a trip report...

Gucci65

Thanks for the great update!!

I said goodbye to AE back in July. I will miss it, but will look forward to Stitch. And at least I knew about AE going away, the Lion King show in MK was a shock to find closed (I loved it).

Can't wait to see Wishes, have already checked the December show times.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Oh yes, I wanted to add : Philharmagic is now on the park map cover, and the Times Guide for that day was printed in black, instead of green

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom