ISTCrew's February 29th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Hey guys, I have another update for you. Jason and Tifani came along with me today. We also decided, late last night, that today, when we went to the parks...we would call it PAJAMA DAY! So we wore our pajamas and made our way around the Magic Kingdom. While we were there, we ran into WDWPrincess, and her boyfriend (?) who is also on the boards. We ran into them in all places...THE TIKI ROOM! She said she can't get on Magic much anymore, but she wishes she could. She was also telling me that today was her day off, and she took yesterday off, due to a throat infection. She said her Mickey Mouse lollypop was helping it though....

So, like I said, we went to the Magic Kingdom, and then to West Side, and saw "The Butterfly Effect" and "50 First Dates"...Both movies were great...Just a word of warning...If your planning on seeing "The Passion of the Christ" at the DTD theater, be prepared. They have signs making it VERY clear that the movie isnt for kids out by the ticket window. Inside, lines stretched around the corner...45 MINUTES BEFORE THE MOVIE STARTED!! They had to open 2 movie theaters to play in sync, because they overbooked one theater.

But lets move onto the short list of MK Updates...

--The Gossip Phone was up and working again!!!
--The cloud smell in Philharmagic still is not working. It has not been working almost since Philharmagic officially opened.
--They now have a small sign describing what The Haunted Mansion is hanging out front, before you get in line.
--the 75 Years statues are indeed gone. The area looks much bigger than it did when they were there.
--They have taken out the turnstyles in Space Mountain. They used to be, after you picked left or right, and walked all the way down. They used to be right in that area that is by the exit.
--Almost all Space Mountain rockets have small nets to hold things now. This isnt new, they were added almost a year ago, but the rocket we were in today did not have them.
--The 2 busses we were on today, did not have the new cushion seats. It may of just been a test thing, or a lucky bus...

and the cafe shop in Virgin Mega has closed. I think they are replacing it with a "Coka Mocha Cafe" or something. You can no longer go out on the balcony either. They have the whole area walled off.

The MK wasn't to bad today, crowd level wise.

Pooh, Peter, Splash--all 30 minutes.
Thunder was 45
Jungle Cruise was 40
Pirates was 5
Philharmagic was 10
Space was 20
Buzz was 20

and overall, it wasnt over crowded at all. Very nice day. Pictures of our "Pajama Day at the Park 2004" will be up soon.

And next weekend, I dont think Tifani will be coming with me, so I should be able to get a lengthy update with some good stuff in it actually lol...Guess you guys will have to ...Just wait...:D :animwink:

1stStarIC2nite

Yay for short lines! YAY FOR PAJAMAS!! :lol:

Sounds like you had fun.. I called you guys but of course.. no answer, lol. Except for when Jason left that super weird voicemail thing on my cell. It actually kinda scared me till I figured out who it was, lol.

This gossip phone thing sounds cool, do they have it at other parks or just the MK?

Anyways... great update as usual, buddy :D

t3techcom18

Good update! I personally saw today "The Passion of the Christ", I have to say I recommend it totally. There are some disturbing parts in the violence, but the violence had to be there for the reason that it is realistic. Concerning the cloud smell in Philharmagic, if never noticed it.

P.S.: If anybody is watching the Oscars, the intro for this year was really good. But then, Billy Crystal is always funny when he does the Oscars!:)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
The Pictures are up guys...

Alex...we called you from the car...stop whining...

And yea, I am watching the Oscars...and Eisner is getting what he deserves.

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
The Pictures are up guys...

Alex...we called you from the car...stop whining...

And yea, I am watching the Oscars...and Eisner is getting what he deserves.

I wasn't whining :mad: :p ..... I was just saying that no one picked up.. anyways...

Did Disney win anything yet? I heard Finding Nemo won something like a couple minutes ago...

se8472

Space does not use all the turnstyles "or butterflys as we call them" unless its packed...If its packed and they are still not beign used then we are understaffed

in terms of the bags that when in about Oct (not a year ago lol, at least not in force) still not all the rockets on A side have them. B side is where it is at. :p

raven

Please tell me they aren't going to put signs up like that on every attraction. That's what the guide map is for! Arg! :mad: That is so ugly!

It's my 700th post! :D

General Grizz

Great update! Indeed, Main Street Station area looks barren. They had NO right to take the 75 statues out when they were promised for two more months. Money-grubbing executives. . .

Anyway ( :lol: ) Love the pajamas. You guys are getting REALLY casual with this Disney thing! ;)

CPPirate

Come Say Hi

Hey now! On your next visit stop by Pirates of the Carribean and say hi to Robby (me... duh.) We all get so run down in there sometimes its nice to see a friendly guest!

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by General Grizz
Great update! Indeed, Main Street Station area looks barren. They had NO right to take the 75 statues out when they were promised for two more months. Money-grubbing executives. . .

I can totally understand why they took them out early. It will take them 2 months just to repair all the damage done to them by guests who cant grasp the concept that a rope is there for a reason. People stay on one side and statues on the other.

You would not believe how people just let their kids and even theirselves climb all over the darn things and then get upset when a cast member has to remind them first politely and then forcefully to act like they at least have a small iota of respect for the ropes and the art itself.

Defend10

Originally posted by se8472
Space does not use all the turnstyles "or butterflys as we call them" unless its packed...If its packed and they are still not beign used then we are understaffed

He's talking about the ching-ching count 'em up turnstiles, right past tower, they're gone now.

But YOU wouldn't know, would you? :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by ISTCrew20
we ran into WDWPrincess, and her boyfriend (?) who is also on the boards

she's happily single... that's just a friend.

se8472

Originally posted by Defend10
He's talking about the ching-ching count 'em up turnstiles, right past tower, they're gone now.

But YOU wouldn't know, would you? :lol:

Remember I know where you live! :D

Woody13

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
I can totally understand why they took them out early. It will take them 2 months just to repair all the damage done to them by guests who cant grasp the concept that a rope is there for a reason. People stay on one side and statues on the other.

You would not believe how people just let their kids and even theirselves climb all over the darn things and then get upset when a cast member has to remind them first politely and then forcefully to act like they at least have a small iota of respect for the ropes and the art itself.

You are correct!

Defend10

Yeah, the MK entrance looks so much less congested now, it's nice, even though they were fun to look at. I'm with you on Phillharmagic, I miss the Jasmine, is smells so good :) Like you said, it was very slow today, but that will be changing soon.

Well thanks for updating us!

Matthew

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
ISTCNavigator - Just the jasemine smell...and wow, what is in your avatar:lol:

MKT - Oh alright, I wasnt sure. He's registered on the boards as Joey----- (some numbers came after)

se8472 - Yea, Matthew is right. I wasn't talking about the back and forth, back and forth area. Just the little thing you walk thru and it turns:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom