ISTCrew's February 29th WDW Update

General Grizz

As for the Mickeys, they are not primarily gone for repair - they are gone to woo the stockholders in Philly this week. This would have been "OK" if Disney had announced this much earlier.

Where's the focu$??

Sad article in the Sentinel about folks who cancelled their trips; they originally planned to go just to see the 75 mice.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by General Grizz
As for the Mickeys, they are not primarily gone for repair - they are gone to woo the stockholders in Philly this week. This would have been "OK" if Disney had announced this much earlier.

Where's the focu$??

Sad article in the Sentinel about folks who cancelled their trips; they originally planned to go just to see the 75 mice.

Wow people were really that into them? The first time I saw them, I thought they were a nice idea, but every time after that, all they did was stop foot traffic due to people stopping and looking when others were trying to get down the Monorail ramp.

They will eventually have to do some repair. They were in real bad shape. The paint was bubbling, or missing, or chipping, or fading on most of them. IMO, They should of put them on display in the Exposition Hall.

KevinPage

I don't know what is more disturbing, the LACK of any Splash M ountain UPDATE or your pajamas?!?!?!

And you should have done the whole deal (pajama tops) as well and carry around your trusted "blankie"

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
ISTCNavigator - Just the jasemine smell...and wow, what is in your avatar:lol:

They better fix the jasmine smell by the time I go! lol....not that I'd know any different, anyway...and that is Heath Ledger.

BwanaBob

There's new steering wheels on all the racecars in the Speedway.

They look like colanders with top-hats stuck to the dashboards.

(I'll see if I can get a pic soon)

btw...YES, I rode the lousy racecars! (kids)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by BwanaBob
There's new steering wheels on all the racecars in the Speedway.

They look like colanders with top-hats stuck to the dashboards.

(I'll see if I can get a pic soon)

btw...YES, I rode the lousy racecars! (kids)

Wow...I can't believe I missed that:hammer: ...

I've never seen them though. When were they added do you know?

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineer boy
So, has Disney sent in the M:S postcard where you and Tif talk yet?:D

No, and I pretty much lost all hope. Usually, when I lose all hope, they send it, and I feel all stupid...:lol:

BwanaBob

The last time I rode them, besides Sunday (2/29), was back on Valentine's Day weekend. I specifically remember they weren't there because I was grabbing a hold of the wheel a lot after my youngest kept SLAMMING into the track!

...now I'm in traction for the next three weeks.:dazzle:

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by BwanaBob
The last time I rode them, besides Sunday (2/29), was back on Valentine's Day weekend. I specifically remember they weren't there because I was grabbing a hold of the wheel a lot after my youngest kept SLAMMING into the track!

...now I'm in traction for the next three weeks.:dazzle:

Yea, I rode them the 16th, and the new steering wheels weren't there either.

Figment1986

you going to MK this saturday again?

if you are could you take pictures of the pre parade band??

I would love to get some pictures of them playing.....

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by Figment1986
you going to MK this saturday again?

if you are could you take pictures of the pre parade band??

I would love to get some pictures of them playing.....

Um probably not, since I never see the daytime parades anyway. Once is enough. This weekend though, I will be going to AK, MK and MGM, with Tifani and Tamara (another friend of mine). So, a 3 park update will be up saturday night:)

Figment1986

oh well, i remember they will step off around 2:00, and be way before the parade, they are going to be playing nice music too, even if it sounds bad to me......

imagineersrock

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
Um probably not, since I never see the daytime parades anyway. Once is enough. This weekend though, I will be going to AK, MK and MGM, with Tifani and Tamara (another friend of mine). So, a 3 park update will be up saturday night:)

well if thats the case.. could you do me a favor and try to snag some pics of the backlot construction..? havent been 2 mgm in months, and though ive seen some misc. pictures, im dying to at least see a pic showing the full scope of the construction [the entrance, the stadium behind it, etc.]

it would be greatly appreciated:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom