Islands of Adventure vs Magic Kingdom

Which is the better park?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure Rides, Tickets, Photos
Universal's Islands of Adventure Ride Guide - Disney Tourist Blog
Islands of Adventure Christmas Report - Disney Tourist Blog

Celebrate the Return of Select Fan-Favorite Tours from the Enchanting  Extras Collection at Walt Disney World Resort in 2022 | Disney Parks Blog
1-Day Magic Kingdom Ideal Day Plan - Disney Tourist Blog
TRON Lightcycle Run at Disney World: Opening, Construction Photos & Info -  Disney Tourist Blog

Both parks are arguably two of the best in the state of Florida. Both have dark rides, thrilling coasters, log flumes, great themed lands and overall rely on a great theme park experience.
Which park do you think is better? Let's say that you have one single day in the Orlando area, and you can only go to one of these two parks. Which would you pick?

Which park is superior, has better rides, more fun, etc? Which is the better park?

monykalyn

I'd say MK just for sheer number of attractions, lands and overall feel
However IOA has arguably better themed land than any in MK with Hogsmeade, and one of the best coasters in country with Velocicoaster.
Ask again in 3 years when Epic Universe is finished...

JIMINYCR

MK still has the edge for what it has as a broad range of attractions and entertainment that suits my taste. But if it was based on most thrilling, less crowded, less planning, Id go Uni.

fradz

I prefer IOA and I think it’s a better park for adults and teenagers. It has a better dark ride (Spider-Man), a better family rollercoaster (Hagrid) and a better thrilling coaster (Velocicoaster). I also feel that MK is a bit tired, some areas would really need a good refresh, which I didn’t feel in IOA.

That being said, MK is not a bad park at all, it has the best flume in the world (Splash, well the Tokyo version is better but ok…), a great Haunted Mansion and is probably my second favorite park in Orlando. I also vastly prefer the entertainment in MK.

If I had one day I wouldn’t really hesitate, I don’t need to overthink a visit to IOA and I know it won’t be crowded to the point that even C-tickets are 1h+ wait.

JusticeDisney

IOA definitely has the more thrilling rides, so if that’s your thing then that place wins hands down. MK, on the other hand, has a different feel to it than IOA. MK feels less like an amusement park than IOA, if that makes sense. For me (and of course, this is totally subjective), I much prefer the overall atmosphere and experience at MK. I could just walk around and hang out there all day long. Don’t get me wrong, I love thrill rides, but if that is all I am looking for, there are plenty of other amusement parks out there that blow IOA away in that regard. So in the end, it’s MK for me and my family, and it’s not even really close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom