Is Wilderness Lodge worth the upgrade?

Kat_Cumbriauk1

Hi there,

my partner and I are visiting WDW for the first time together for 10nights in September/October, we originally booked POR as I had stayed there before with my family as a child, our booking also included a QS dining plan. We also liked the idea of the boat to Downtown Disney.

However we have been offered an upgrade to Wilderness Lodge in a Woods view room for £450 ($742.27) with the offer of a free Disney Dining plan.
Do you think this is worth the upgrade?? We are on quite a tight budget and would hate to waste the money if it’s not worth it :shrug:

Please help!!

Thankyou xx

mickeysshoes

In one word.........YES!!!! Go for it. We love the WL and call it our home away from home!!! THe extra money is well worth it. You will still have a nice boat ride to look forward to...direct to the MK. You will not be sorry you took advantage of this upgrade!!!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I always say, if you're worried about the money, then don't spend it. However, the WL is definitely a great place to stay. We had a few issues there during our last stay, but that is very unusual for this resort. We've stayed there 5 times, and always loved it. It's the best themed resort at WDW. They have a great pool area, and the hot tubs are awesome. That was unfortunately the problem we had in January. Both hot tubs were being refurbed at the same time, and we were given no notification of this.

Upvote 0

Kat_Cumbriauk1

Original Poster
Thankyou

Thankyou so much for your advice,

I've worked it out per head, per day and it seems pretty reasonable, especailly as you've said it's so good.

I really want to upgrade, now to try and convince my partner its worth the money :lol:

Any advice on specific room requests for Woods View?

xx

Upvote 0

bgraham34

As captainkidd said if you are worried about the money then don't spend it. WL is a great resort. You definitely get the feel that you are no longer in Florida while you are staying there. It is especially great at night. Its fun to just walk around or hang out on the beach and watch the water pageant.

Upvote 0

Mongomil

I gotta say we stayed there last time we went and we really would like to go back. For me to want to stay at the same resort is saying something. I am a huge fan for staying someplace new each time. Beautiful grounds and great themeing really do make this place. OH and the location isnt to bad either.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Bri1121

Wow what a nice upgrade! I have never stayed there but have heard great things about it. If you can go for it then do so but if you are truly tight on money you dont want to regret it.

Good luck! Tough decision!

Upvote 0

goshdarnstud

One thing to note about the cost increase is that you are getting the dinning plan over the QS plan. ~$75 a day gives you a nicer hotel and a sit down meal for the two of you over a counter meal. You have to determine if that is worth it to you as well. If you were already planning a couple sit down meals that makes the price increase effectively less. I'm a huge fan of the resort myself and we were scheduled to stay at POFQ for a 8 day trip but when the free dinning for deluxe came out we switched to the Wilderness and are currently counting down the days until July 21st!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom