Is Walt Disney World rides and attractions just for toddlers and little kids?

Minnie1976

Just curious if all Disney World's themed rides and amazing attractions that they have to offer are all for little kids and kids that are like 13-16? Or are their some fun attractions and rides that are for young adults and older adults. Let's just say for example I am 23...are their any decent and good attractions and thrill rides that would be suitable for a 23 year old?
I guess I'm a 60 year old toddler or child because I love all the attractions. Some more than others. As my son told his wife when he took her the 1st time, "What do you mean children's rides?" He was totally shocked when she referred to some of the attractions as children's rides.

Disneydreamer23

To the original poster, put it this way. I am 30 years old. I first went when I was 10. I loved it. Magic Kingdom was very much the same in 1991 that it is today. A few things have changed like the addition of Splash Mountain since then, but the core is very similar.

Then I went again when I was 14, 16 and 21. Then 29 and then 30. I won't lie to you, the place got better as I got older. The more I learned about the history of Disney, and Walt himself the more I loved it. The more I noticed the attention to detail the more I loved it. The more I searched for hidden mickeys the more I loved it. There are a million things at Disney that are superior to your average Six Flags park. I leave the Magic Kingdom in a borderline state of depression similar to leaving a friend who lives far away and not knowing when you'll see him/her again. I have yet to experience a park that can "get" me like that

AGREED:sohappy:

Goofyernmost

That, to me, is one of the most misunderstood statement ever made by Walt Disney. He didn't mean that all age groups were going to totally love and be completely adsorbed by all of them. What he wanted to do was make sure that all could participate, in other words, parents could ride along with their kids. The racetrack is a prime example of that. I don't think I would go broke betting that almost no adult enjoys it at all. But, they are able to go on it with their small children so that they can enjoy it and the parents can enjoy the reaction of their children from a close vantage point.

The issue with designing something that is for adults, is that, it excludes the kids. They have to split up a family or no one can enjoy it. They have put a few in, but, they have about reached the limit before they start to exclude more then they include.

Maerj

When I talk to people who have never been before I usually tell them this. If you are going to WDW for roller coasters and thrill rides, you are going to be disappointed. There are some thrills but if that is all you want, you'd be better off going to your local Six Flags. WDW is about theme and experiences. If you can be open-minded to that, great, plan a trip! If not, skip it or wait until later in life and maybe it will be more your cup of tea then.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
he was pro family

23409594.jpg

Goofyernmost

Are things so slow that multiple dead threads need resurrecting??
I'd say so. There is nothing going on that hasn't been beaten to death with the same argument over and over again. This one is still relevant, just older. You got some new news? Spit it out and we can all direct our need to communicate your direction. Otherwise, we are all just filling time.

Goofyernmost

It did not USED to be but now the place except for AK and EPCOT it's becoming the 'Toddler Kingdom'
The reason that it "did not used to be" is because in the early days parents didn't bring toddlers to the place. We waited until they were able to get around and have the stamina to keep going for longer periods of time. We were adverse to dragging half our households to a theme park, diapers, baby food, clothing and, of course, the much hated multiple numbers of strollers. Culture was different. They bring them now. A concept that I do not understand at all. However, with them now in tow they needed to cater to a group that previously weren't even there. It just seems like it is different on Disney's end. In reality it is a difference in parents behavior that makes it seem like it is nothing but a toddlers land. What is there now that wasn't there in the beginning that makes us say "it's a toddlers kingdom now"? Personally, I think that Epcot has more specific small child things then MK.

MinnieWaffles

Are zombie threads just for toddlers/little kids?

I went to one once and everyone was wearing Dora The Explorer pull-ups, eating Goldfish and drinking apple juice from a sippy cup. I remember when zombie threads entertained adults and children

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom