Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

Monorail_Red_77

Does anyone know exactly where they are? Can you see them walking by SM?
I am not one to rip Disney on everything but this is insane. This is not castaway or the water parks where you expect families to stay put in them for a day. From the pictures it looks like a tent city set up in a theme park. Absolutely ridiculous. I would have less of a problem with another rate increase announcement.
I saw them at Space Mountain on Saturday night. They are off to the left, kind of between space mountain and the bathroom at the old skyway building. Here an aerial. Couldn't get a pic night.

2016 - MK - Space Mountain Cabanas.jpg

Kristamouse

So I have 6 children and am usually pregnant and/or breastfeeding. We are blessed with a nice income that allows for some luxuries. Often we have wished for a private in park room that we could rest for 30mins to an hour to regroup before heading back out to the parks. By the time to you get out of MK and back to your room an hour has been spent in transport. We would love to have a place to cool off, have a snack, power nap and re organize for the rest of the day.
With all of that said this seems way over priced, ugly and most importantly HORRIBLE SHOW!
When we need a break we head to the baby care centers or ride the train. There are a few places left where you can chill...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Here is my question. How many tents are there, 5 or 6? Lets say they rent out all 6 at $650 for the day. Thats $3,900. Could they not find a better way to make $3,900 extra for the day at MK? Even if they have 10 of them and rent them all out, its only $6,500 for the day. Is that really going to make a dent in any bottom line after you adjust for whatever the cost is to have the tents and employees catering to the people in them?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
A new low.
@marni, I thought you had actually talked with the new Tomorrowland manager, and stated that she seemed to really care about making the area look good again. What the heck happened? I would hope that these might have been shoved down her throat, because there simply isn't any way I would ever allow a monstrosity like this in my area of MK. Really bad show.

Jimmy Thick

Golden Oak lots sold out how fast?

This is not something for the ham and eggers who have to scrape nickels to go to WDW, this is for a high rollers who want a little more luxury while enjoying a day in the parks. Personally I have no problems if someone who can afford a fully stocked cabana to lounge in during a hot Florida day so be it. If you don't think there is a market for something like this you're obviously kidding yourself.

WDW isn't about you and it never was, it was about how much money you can spend on this property designed to take as much money from you as possible and the memories you create while there.

It's no different from any other upscale resort.

Jimmy Thick- If you have to ask how much you can't afford it. It's a BUSINESS.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Now if the tent followed you around all day and provided instant relief, then they may be onto something. Just imagine, in addition to stroller parking, we can have tent parking.

Put these guys in charge of the cabana project.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney should be ashamed of something like this..

Big Lots tents... no AC or fans... I can't imagine how hot some of these may get

Wouldn't it make more sense to provide lounges in buildings that already exist throughout the parks...which have AC and are better looking.... then maybe charge per use or something like that? Or even have segmented rooms for those spoiled folks who just can't experience a theme park like a normal person? :) DVC has a nice lounge in Epcot now and we all know there are plenty of empty buildings throughout

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom