Is this possible?

mike45248

My parents are going to WDW and are RV'ing it and taking our luggage down to save some $$$ we are flying. They are staying at the camp sites, but we are staying on site. Can they drop off our luggage with the bell hops and pick it up when they are leaving without problems?

Thanks,
Mike

The Mom

Premium Member
I would check with the resort. I know that there are people who pass around old refrigerators and other junk that they leave at bell services for other guests to pick up later when they check in. If that is allowed, I don't see why they couldn't store your luggage until you arrive, and until your parents can pick it up after you check out, as long as it is in a reasonable time frame. :shrug:

Upvote 0

mike45248

Original Poster
We are flying into MCO around 11:15AM and they are planning to arrive around noon. For leaving they are leaving in the AM and we leave a few hours later.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
If they're willing to store those nasty refrigerators until some stranger picks them up, I don't see why they wouldn't store you luggage for a few hours to allow your parents to do same day drop-off on the day you arrive and pick-ups on the day you leave.

Upvote 0

Goofy6294

I would check with the resort. I know that there are people who pass around old refrigerators and other junk that they leave at bell services for other guests to pick up later when they check in. If that is allowed, I don't see why they couldn't store your luggage until you arrive, and until your parents can pick it up after you check out, as long as it is in a reasonable time frame. :shrug:

Uh, why would someone leave an old refrigerator?

Upvote 0

Plowboy

Don't see why it wouldn't work. The only thing I can think of is to make sure that claim tags given to those "dropping off" are conveyed to those doing the "picking up".

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

Most of the hotels will hold your luggage so I would just drop it off either the day before you are leaving and keep your necessities or drop it off at the front desk that morning. Just make sure the front desk knows that your parents will be picking it up for you and provide their name and contact information.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Uh, why would someone leave an old refrigerator?

Some people do not want to pay the fee to rent one at the values, so they participate in a swap, where they leave it for someone else. I think they all chip in to buy one. The refrigerators have been known to go missing. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the extra work it causes bell services, or because someone just decides to either take it, or not bother bringing it back to bell services. :lookaroun

But, I doubt that people bring bleach, etc to make sure it is thoroughly cleaned between uses. :hurl:

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Sure they will take it. Have them drop it off in your name and they will store it. When you arrive, call bell services to deliver. It would definitely not be an issue if it is the same day.

Upvote 0

tink65

Some people do not want to pay the fee to rent one at the values, so they participate in a swap, where they leave it for someone else. I think they all chip in to buy one. The refrigerators have been known to go missing. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the extra work it causes bell services, or because someone just decides to either take it, or not bother bringing it back to bell services. :lookaroun

But, I doubt that people bring bleach, etc to make sure it is thoroughly cleaned between uses. :hurl:

I think that's just gross!:hurl:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom