Is this possible?

ask!

Is it possible to watch Illumintions 9pm (evening EMH at EPCOT) and then jump on the monorail to watch Wishes from the monorail? If you get to the TTC before Wishes starts, is there a good viewing location without actually going into MK (Wishes at 10 pm)?

Is it possible? Is it probable? Or is this just another stupid question?:shrug:

Andrea

Nemo14

Is it possible to watch Illumintions 9pm (evening EMH at EPCOT) and then jump on the monorail to watch Wishes from the monorail? If you get to the TTC before Wishes starts, is there a good viewing location without actually going into MK (Wishes at 10 pm)?

Andrea
It's possible, but you have to be ready to bolt from Illuminations right away to get to the monorail.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Andrea

If you can dream it, then you can do it :ROFLOL:
Actually it's possible to watch Reflections of Earth, Monorail all the way back to MK, and watch Wishes from Main Street USA. Just stand in the walkway between futureworld and world showcase. As soon as the Reflections finale is over, start walking briskly to the monorail station.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
If you watch Illuminations from the junction with Future World or from the top of the monorail platform and monorail timing works, then yes, just barely. I've made it to the MK monorail and watched the fireworks coming into the park/station.

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
Dear Clemson Tiger,

How's the view of Illuminations from the monorail platform? Did you need to switch monorails to view Wishes...sorry,, i am such a rookie!

Andrea

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Dear Clemson Tiger,

How's the view of Illuminations from the monorail platform? Did you need to switch monorails to view Wishes...sorry,, i am such a rookie!

Andrea

Not great...there is this big round ball in the way....:lol:
I would not suggest trying to enjoy it from anywhere past the fountain.

Upvote 0

Nebrfan

It can be done by timing is sometimes the luck of the draw. Illuminations will end about 9:13pm every night. Be ready and make a bee-line for the monorail or even your car if you parked close. If the monorail is there, or you can drive it in a few minutes you should be at the MK by 10pm.

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

I think that your best bet is thst once you get to to the TTC, walk (or run over to the Poly. Beach and watch Wishes from there. (and the Electrical Water Pageant if you time it right).

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I made the run from Illuminations to Wishes on a Saturday night in June 2005.

We started near the junction of FW and WS, and started at a fast pace as soon as Illuminations ended. Took the elevator up to the monorail platform, used the handicapped access to the monorail (I do use crutches) - the most difficult part was the switch from one monorail to the other, down one ramp and up the other, but a train pulled in just in time. We walked into the MK at 9:59pm and made it to the flagpole just as the first firework was launched.

We did get to see the second showing of Spectro that night, was even able to sit on a curb!

I know we were very lucky.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I made the run from Illuminations to Wishes on a Saturday night in June 2005.

We started near the junction of FW and WS, and started at a fast pace as soon as Illuminations ended. Took the elevator up to the monorail platform, used the handicapped access to the monorail (I do use crutches) - the most difficult part was the switch from one monorail to the other, down one ramp and up the other, but a train pulled in just in time. We walked into the MK at 9:59pm and made it to the flagpole just as the first firework was launched.

We did get to see the second showing of Spectro that night, was even able to sit on a curb!

I know we were very lucky.
We've done it too - you just have to hit the connections right.

Upvote 0
Its not worth the trouble. And if one thing goes wrong (monorail stops for some reason) it wont happen and you'll just be sad.

So do yourself a favor and just do one, one night and the other the other night.... I'll let you in on a secret.... its the same show each night....

Upvote 0

ask!

Original Poster
Just to clarify, we will be at MK for Wishes and Spectro-magic....I just thought it would be very cool to ride the monorail at night from Epcot to MK and thought it would be even cooler if the fireworks were ahead it the distance .... I am actually riding the monorail for the experience itself....I also love it when all the 7 Sea Lagoon hotels are lit up at night....we will be riding the monorail at other times but it will be during the day.

Thanks for all your help!
Andrea

Upvote 0

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
It's very possible. I did it last year 3 times.

You just have to stand and be ready to get the heck out of dodge once Illmnts is over. Briskly walk to the Monorail Station - and get to the TTC - then hop on board the "direct" Monorail to the MK. Should have plenty of time (with like 5-10 min to spare)... All three times we did it, we were even able to walk our way up to where Main Street ends toward the Castle with a few minutes to spare.

Just gotta have your tickets out and know your way without any, and I repeat, ANY, hesitation as to where you want to go.

Upvote 0

WDW Monorail

I have done it a couple of times. I watched RoE at 9:00. Waited around WS until about 9:30 and headed for the station. As we were getting to the TTC, the pilot slowed up considerablyand stopped for a few seconds and we were able to see a part of the show. We only saw it for about 25 seconds or so since the monorail is on a tight schedule.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom