Is this overdoing it?

ucanfly

Original Poster
Hi all,
I'm so excited for our upcoming trip in September. There's 4 of us visiting, and we're on the regular dining plan. I've made a lot of reservations (more than the ddp offers) and I'm just a little worried that this may be overdoing dining (as in booking too many meals). I really want to enjoy each meal, and if I'm too full I wont; also I don't want to be overbooked and not have enough time to enjoy the parks and other activities.
Should I cancel a meal or two or do you think I'll be okay? Also feel free to judge my reservations so far!

day 1: CRT for dinner
day 2: 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner
day 3: HDDR for dinner
day 4: Ohana breakfast, Portabello dinner
day 5: Le Cellier for lunch
day 6: Narcossee's for dinner (trying to switch for cali grill, but it's booked solid)

dtstangl

If that's overdoing it then we're overdoing it too! :D

I think its just fine, you'll just have to plan your days around them.

ucanfly

Original Poster

Your enthusiasm is comforting; I'm starting to think we're doing the right thing! Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

HouCuseChickie

I don't think you're overdoing it, but then again- I also like to load up on dining. Really, overdoing it is such a subjective thing. i.e. TS meals every day might be overdoing it to some while it might be nothing to someone else. The one day you have 2 ADRs - you've spread them out between breakfast and dinner...which is a big help.

Everything looks really good! And if you want Cali Grill- just keep trying. If not, I've heard great things about Narcoosee's. :wave:

Pioneer Hall

Looks good to me. I see no problem with having one sit down meal a day (or two the day you are having breakfast) while on vacation. I wouldn't be so worried about changing Narcoossees for California Grill though. I unfortunately haven't been to Narcoossee's yet, but I have heard very good things.

DisneyDebNJ

Here too!!!! LOL I don't think this is considered over doing it, but we do the same thing, a barely eat at home, the way we do at Disney. Thing is, just by walking around, enjoying all Disney has to offer, you get ALOT of excersize and when you sit down to eat, realize how hungry you are!!! Then, at night, plan to sleep like a baby!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hi all,
I'm so excited for our upcoming trip in September. There's 4 of us visiting, and we're on the regular dining plan. I've made a lot of reservations (more than the ddp offers) and I'm just a little worried that this may be overdoing dining (as in booking too many meals). I really want to enjoy each meal, and if I'm too full I wont; also I don't want to be overbooked and not have enough time to enjoy the parks and other activities.
Should I cancel a meal or two or do you think I'll be okay? Also feel free to judge my reservations so far!

day 6: Narcossee's for dinner (trying to switch for cali grill, but it's booked solid)

Having a table service meal per day is not overduing it at all.. and I'd actually encourage it. Dining at Disney is nothing what it used to be, but should still be a major part of a WDW vacation. It's one of the pillars that makes the parks more then just a bunch of rides. Focus and enjoy

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
One TS meal per day certainly isn't overdoing it.

Overdoing it would be 3 TS meals a day, like you get on the deluxe plan.

dtstangl

I would also say it looks like you did a stellar job at spreading out the locations of the ADRs, so you can plan your time in the parks more easily.

JIMINYCR

Enjoy the dining experience. You did fine with you're choices. Each restaurant and each meal will give you a variety of Disney dining atmosphere and tastes. Keep a log of where and what you chose to eat so you can build a list of favorite spots and meals for future trips. We bought the Disney Dining Guide and over the years make notes in the margins to use for future reference.

worldfanatic

In my opinion, once you get past the "Commando Mode" of park touring, the sit down restaurants (and the lounges) within WDW are the most enjoyable part of the vacation. You've got great selections. Enjoy!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
One TS meal per day is certainly not overdoing it. TS Lunch followed by TS Dinner is kind of overdoing it--I can tell you that from experience!! :lol: You were wise to space them out at breakfast and dinner on the one day that you do have two.

Enjoy your trip and your food! :wave:

Minnie1976

Hi all,

I like your choices. I heard Narcossee's is very good. It is on our to do list for our next trip. Pack me in your suitcase. HA! HA!

phardin

My husband and I look forward to Narcoosee's when ever we go. I wouldn't change the reservation. The almond crusted cheesecake was sent straight from heaven.

Foolish Mortal

Overdoing it ? Are you kidding ? make it table's for 5 im willing to join ya :lol: Excellent choice with Narcoossee's !! It's a must do every trip for me.

meganw1985

Honey, if your list is "overdoing it" then my list is downright suicidal! We currently have a total of 14 ADRs for a 6 night stay. It's fine. We eat at at least one TS service a day when we are on the DDP!

PolynesianPrincess

Hi all,

We always try and do at least one sit down meal per day there. For our group (my mom, my sister and myself) Disney isn't just about the rides and characters... it's also about the FOOD!! So we enjoy a sit-down meal at least once a day!
As far as your choices, we've been to 50's PTC for lunch and it was delicious!! The pot roast is AMAZING!!! We've also done Le Cellier and hands down that's our favorite place to dine. The filet mignon is to die for!! And HDDR is great as well. Went for my cousins birthday last November. There were 6 of us and we all loved it. A very good time!! Hope this helps!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom