Is this Nuts?

MIKETFROMRI

Just set up another saving account( beside our regular one) specifically for disney ( this is nuts!)
I am having work automatically deposit $20 per paycheck ( 2 sometimes 3 month) into our Disney account. That plus Big wooden bank I built that we put all 1's...5s....change...PLUS we buy 1 $25 Disney gift card/month at walgreens.....how many others this crazy? ( probably all of us!!)...Disney has us all mesmorized...but I LOVE IT!!!!

NYwdwfan

I have a separate savings account as well - all "found" money goes in there (change, rebates, cash back from ebates, etc.). It's fun trying to see how much of our trip we can pay for without denting our daily expenditures.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Just set up another saving account( beside our regular one) specifically for disney ( this is nuts!)
I am having work automatically deposit $20 per paycheck ( 2 sometimes 3 month) into our Disney account. That plus Big wooden bank I built that we put all 1's...5s....change...PLUS we buy 1 $25 Disney gift card/month at walgreens.....how many others this crazy? ( probably all of us!!)...Disney has us all mesmorized...but I LOVE IT!!!!

There is nothing "nuts" about saving for a "whatever" as opposed to spending the money if you do not have it. In fact it is sane.

Some people can take $200 a month and put it aisde. Others cannot, and instead do what you do - small bites. It makes it "less painful" for some.

Saving for Disney is no different than saving for a car, a new roof, or a vacation to somewhere else.

As long as you are saving for OTHER things as well (emergencies, college, retirement) you are in good shape.

-dave

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

absolutely not insane. In fact it is the best way to take on an expense of any kind. The wife and I both have money deposited right into our savings account. This goes toward vacations and various other expenses that are known and sometimes unknown. Anything that keeps the debt monster out of sight is a good thing.

Upvote 0

jlevis

What everyone else has said. Planning ahead is not nuts and only spending money you have is very sane. From your mouth to the governments ears.

Upvote 0

piglet66

That is how I save spending money for my trips to Disney. I don't spend any change at all, it all goes into a jar. Amazing how much you can actually accumulate over a year's time.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No...THESE are nuts:
MixedNuts.jpg

But your idea does sound smart to me. :wave:

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

What everyone else has said. Planning ahead is not nuts and only spending money you have is very sane. From your mouth to the governments ears.

Wise words!!! Love the idea of buying Disney gift cards each month, never thought of doing that, but I do have a separate savings account that is designated Disney!!!!!

Keep the great ideas coming!

Upvote 0

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
I guess what I meant as nuts was that we were saving all this money, being obbsesive about it when all that money could certainly go into home improvements etc BUT god forbid I take away from our Disney $$$..but again...LOVE IT!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

There is nothing "nuts" about saving for a "whatever" as opposed to spending the money if you do not have it. In fact it is sane.

Some people can take $200 a month and put it aisde. Others cannot, and instead do what you do - small bites. It makes it "less painful" for some.

Saving for Disney is no different than saving for a car, a new roof, or a vacation to somewhere else.

As long as you are saving for OTHER things as well (emergencies, college, retirement) you are in good shape.

-dave

I totally agree!!

Upvote 0

jmb2676

Not nuts at all. Doing the same thing $20/pay. By the time of my trip should have enough for air/dining/park hoppers. Being DVC will have very little needed out of pocket. Much better than putting it on the credit card and worrying about how to pay for it later.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom