Is there light at the end of the BOG tunnel?

kamr211

Original Poster
Ok.... other than at the 180 day mark or the 45 day before travel mark,
has anyone gotten a dinner reservation to BOG for August? I need this reservation to make a 7 year old very happy!
I check several time a day online,,,,is there hope?
Its actually scaring me that the crowds are going to be more crazy than ever!

RonAnnArbor

Check the dining reservation site every morning at 7am -- the possibility that something opens is VERY VERY slim, and to add fuel to the fire, they do not take walk-up standby reservations at the park. Good luck, but remember if you can't get dinner reservations there, go have lunch. You can still see the entire interior, take photos, and enjoy a nice meal in the castle. Just know that people start to lineup for lunch at 9:30 already!

harveyt0206

I've had my very best luck in the last 2 weeks before our travel dates. It's that last minute time when you'll find that the ADR hoarders and indecisive people tend to do their final shuffle and drop their ADRs they don't plan to use. Good luck!!! :)

ADR Hoarders....that made me chuckle. TLC is missing out on an opportunity. Disney ADR Hoarders would be the perfect companion show to Honey Boo Boo.

HouCuseChickie

ADR Hoarders....that made me chuckle. TLC is missing out on an opportunity. Disney ADR Hoarders would be the perfect companion show to Honey Boo Boo.

:D I got into a very heated argument on another forum over this. I shouldn't be, but I was shocked how many people had anywhere from 5-25 dinner ADRs booked per day ... every hour and half hour under multiple email accounts and profiles ... just so they could decide fairly last minute on what they really wanted to do. Sooooo, hoarders seemed pretty fitting. They didn't like it, but sometimes the truth hurts. ;) Oh how it would make for a fun fun episode of Hoarders!

jlsHouston

Yah... I can't even remember when I booked the 9 pm Friday 24th dinner at BOG... Must have been in December I guess.. I was thinking Memorial Day wknd would be nice to go for a long weekend at AKL so kiddos could do the pool thing and since it was a 3 day weekend I wouldn't be work pressed to have perfect WIFI service which did not exist at AKL last summer and drove me nuts...Instead we are doing a week at PORS since we are kind of in the experience each resort at least once mode and I am SO HAPPY I made that ADR! Good Luck!

HouCuseChickie

I thought Disney stopped the so-called hoarding:O

Yes and no. You can't book overlapping ADRs and the CC guar is required, BUT there are other ways to hoard. The ADRs have to be an hour or more apart for them to not be considered overlapping and bring up the double booking prompt. So, you could have the 4:30, the 5:35, the 6:40 and so on- and it won't prompt the double booking notification. You can also book under a separate email account(s) and that will enable you to bypass that double booking issue and have all kinds of overlapping ADRs. You can even pull those confirm numbers in and link them to your account so you can manage them all in one place. Now, the CC guar means these people still have to cancel in time to avoid the no show fee, but many of these people are doing just that...waiting until the last minute to cancel...or at least waiting until right before they travel. So, you could use a work email, a home email, a spouse's email, a spouse's work email, and so on...and be able to book a TON of ADRs...and sadly, people are still doing just this.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I read a on another sight that there seems to be something up with BoG ADRs. They were finding a pattern. At the witching hour where you can book 180 out, BoG was consistently coming up not available online. They followed that up by trying to call and make ADRs and nothing available at any time 180 days out.

There has been a lot of speculation but nobody, the last time I looked had anything to explain the unavailable for BoG and insiders inquired to no avail. It is Odd.

Adam5897

I surprisingly got reservations for mid April around 150 days out and it was for 6:25. Still can't believe it and I feel very lucky! It will be great and sad at the same time because it is on out last night in magic kingdom then we will be home the next day!

markc

I wouldnt count on getting reservations to be any easier. What a lot of you probably dont know is, that CM's who work at the reservation center often book up open appointments for their friends/family/themselves, as soon as they see one open up. How do I know this? Several friends of mine who work in that department gloat about this fact. :-/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom