Is there light at the end of the BOG tunnel?

bmarkelon

I hear ya! I had a 7:45 dinner booked during our first part of our stay in August at BCV and I called that in pretty early the morning of our 180 day mark. I tried again a few days later on the 180 day mark for our BLT portion of our stay and luckily was able to score a 5:30. I was on edge trying to get that one booked it was a priority for us too! Good luck to you.

luv

In all of my Disney trips, I only booked two places one time. My mother was going along and wanted to take the (now defunct) Hidden Treasures of the World Showcase tour. They wouldn't say if we'd end in Mexico or Canada, so I booked lunch at both and cancelled Canada during the tour.

I just thought mom would be pooped and not want to walk after a three hour tour.

I cannot understand why people would book 10 different places for dinner. I'd go a little crazy trying to keep track of all that, lol.

Allygator

I wondered why that was... I keep trying to get a 5 pm dinner time everytime I go to make ressies and can only get 3 or 3:30...:(
They probably figure if they are offering you a dinner package to make it the slowest part of the day. I'm sure they are full with regular diners during dinner time.

Allygator

I got a reservation for 4:25. I used my laptop this morning (180 days) at 6:00 am. I was able to book BOG and CRT then online stopped working.

Ember

Ok.... other than at the 180 day mark or the 45 day before travel mark,
has anyone gotten a dinner reservation to BOG for August? I need this reservation to make a 7 year old very happy!
I check several time a day online,,,,is there hope?
Its actually scaring me that the crowds are going to be more crazy than ever!
Call, call, and call again. Every morning at 7am. They were booked solid when I first tried to get an ADR, but I called everyday for a week and finally got one for 9pm then I checked the website everyday at 7am and got one for 7pm on our arrival day!!! It's definitely possible to get one, just don't give up!!

kamr211

Original Poster
THERE IS LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got one, but under weird circumstances.

I randomnly searched yester day using my cell phone app, and found a reservation.
It indicated that I needed to call in order to book it.

I called and the automated system also said there was availability. However the automated system had a problem understanding me and transferred me to an agent.

When I got on the phone with the agent, I also was told by the CM that they received a memo instructing them not to look, search, or book BOG. I was furious since it was showing availability on-line. She said it was the Disney villians at work.

I hung up the phone, went to my laptop, and booked it without a problem!

Weird! I hope it doesnt come back to bite me! At least I have a confirmation number
so I dont think they can block/stop it.

moonwishes2013

That is like when we were there last month, they were not opening The Little Mermaid ride until 1pm on several days & then only running 1-track, that is what the CM was telling everyone. The line was already long at 11:30 am, I guess all of those people were going to stand in line until it opened.
I just do not understand it. We did not stand in line.

jmorri26

I've had no luck checking multiple times a day for an upcoming day in April. Setting my alarm nice and early soon for a trip in September though! Fingers crossed.

jmorri26

Well I just got my BOG res for September. Called and it was already half or all the way booked each day of our trip- and thats days that aren't available to guests without a resort reservation for a week still! The CM explained that of most guests who call with a resort reservation and take advantage of early dining booking before everyone else can, she said people rarely get just 1 reservation. In fact, she said it's becoming very common for guests to ask for a reservation EVERY night of their stay. She said she's seen many mornings that the system rolls over and there's already nothing left for the day. That's horrible that people going to book a trip without their resort reservation at the 180 mark may never even get a chance to eat there while others can all but make it rain BOG reservations. :(

KarenKlo

We changed our trips day to overlap with family. I cancelled an Aug 2 730pm dinner at BOG. I was able to get another late ressie for 900pm when we are there in July. I have older kids so the lateness will be fine. When I was on the phone cancelling, the CM told me they are not even allowed to release cancellations for BOG due to overbooking thru the whole month of August right now. She said that if they got enough they may release them, but she said she hardly had anyone cancel at all! Good luck!

StarWarsGirl

Keep trying. I keep getting an error message for BOG, so maybe... I managed to get one for earlier in our trip. Now we're trying for later in the trip. Sometimes, stuff opens up, so you may get lucky. Just check EVERY DAY!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Ahh.. I did something bad :( ... well, I really wanted my reservation for BOG for myself and two friends... but the only available time was right before Wishes... So I change the party to 4 and magically got a reservation for 7 pm... then called and had them switch it to 3 people... Maybe you could keep trying and if not go for lunch.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom