Is there any plans for doing something with empty building at Canda Pavilion?

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster
There is an empty building in Canda Pavilion that had a shop called La Boutique des Provinces. That shop was located in Hotel Du Canada.

Is there any plans that Disney has with that building since the store last opened in January 2005?

Testtrack321

I heard from some people that the shop had major water damage (or mold or something) and will never reopen.

Can any one else back up this info?

BiggerTigger

I heard from some people that the shop had major water damage (or mold or something) and will never reopen.

When I was there in December 2009, the door was open to the shop and I snapped a few photos of the inside. Mostly had the display cases/shelving and tables and chairs (probably used for private ceremonies) stored in there. Didn't look like any water damage, but I didn't linger too long.

NiarrNDisney

Well I'm hoping they will place a pub or a CS option there or across the way in the other empty buildings on the side as you are walking towards O Canada.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I'm not Canadian, but I will third that! I mean really, what says Canada if not Time Hortons? :ROFLOL:

Curling. We need a curling (rink? stadium? lane? fronton? -- what is a curling place called anyways?). Either that or a store the sells igloos...after all, they are home to a majority of the population. :lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Curling. We need a curling (rink? stadium? lane? fronton? -- what is a curling place called anyways?). Either that or a store the sells igloos...after all, they are home to a majority of the population. :lookaroun
Curling is played on sheets. :king:

950px-Curlingsheet_flip.svg.png

**Sent from the basement of my Igloo**

NewfieFan

I've never heard that story but I did hear the shop never really did that well. There was nothing to draw people up there and they closed it up. Which is sad! But if they executed Monty's idea below, I'm pretty sure that would be a "draw" to get people up there...

Best possible decision: Put in a Tim Horton's! :slurp:

Can you imagine the line... they'd have to install FastPass! :lookaroun

"Forget Soarin', I have to get my FP for Timmy's!"

WDWRLD

I too would like to see the shops open again. I agree there wasnt anything sold in them I was i nterested in but I did always walk through them, now its just sad to walk by with them closed up like a ghost town. Why not put the CM's in there to do the kid kot stuff. Im sure they would love to be in the A/C instead of the florida heat in July and Aug.......Or mabey a Canadian toy shop like that in Germany.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom