Is there any news on the Epcot monorail?

ABQ

There isn’t. There probably should be for guest convenience.
Agreed. My greatest gripe with the Epcot monorail is, as I'm often traveling with older folks that don't get around too quickly, is swapping monorails at the TTC is a bit of a longer walk than one would think, or like. Getting off either the resort of express rail walking down those ramps and back up the other is silly long. Even during the quietest time of day, I've rarely, maybe one in a 100 times, had them open the center door and allow a direct cross over between lines.

TikibirdLand

Agreed. My greatest gripe with the Epcot monorail is, as I'm often traveling with older folks that don't get around too quickly, is swapping monorails at the TTC is a bit of a longer walk than one would think, or like. Getting off either the resort of express rail walking down those ramps and back up the other is silly long. Even during the quietest time of day, I've rarely, maybe one in a 100 times, had them open the center door and allow a direct cross over between lines.
Didn't know that was a thing! I always thought having to go down the ramp only to go up the other to get on the MK loop was a PIA. Maybe they only do that for the mobility impaired?

Figment2005

What time of day were you making the transfer? During the mornings the express line isn't bringing back guests from MK. The resort line always has the walk up/down ramps to get to the Epcot line. So if you're travelling during that time it would explain why you never encountered the crossover between express and Epcot open.

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t think I’ve ever NOT seen the direct crossover open. I used to run from wishes to illuminations and that direct crossover was very important!!!

EeyoreFan#24

I assume they have been doing periodic preventative maintenance and running the lines once and a while? Maybe?

if not a guess a train or two would need to run down the lines and would probably stick out. Just a guess.

Chip Chipperson

Really? So they are testing it! Good! Guess no one's been in the right place in Epcot to spot it..

Theoretically, they could do it at night when the park is closed and nobody would be there to report on it - and it would also prevent guests from getting tricked into thinking it was open and they could ride it when they leave only to be disappointed when they find out it's still not available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom