Is there a grace period for fp?

The Mighty Tim

For the same reason that people at airports stand around the lines at the gate before their boarding groups have been announced. Drives me potty!

That's why I like the way LATAM airlines board their groups. When I last flew from MAD to SCL, at the gate, they set up separate queues for each boarding group. Then, they let the groups go one by one. Boarding was so much quicker!

tampabrad

If you want to make the argument that there shouldn't be a grace period, then make it. But saying "grace period" and "window" are the same thing is not an argument that flies since you're pretending words don't have distinct meanings.

If you want to get technical, then yes. But you are not booking a specific return time, you are booking a time window. If you booked a FP+ for 1:00, then you could have a grace period of 5 minutes before and or 5 minutes after. (Like at work, at what time are you considered late? You are scheduled a specific time, not a window of time to show up.) But FP+ is booked as a window or grace period of time of an hour. So you book from 1:00-2:00. You are not booking from 12:55-2:15. Once you overlap into that next hour, all of the late guests who can't budget their time are throwing off the wait time for the next group of people showing up for their scheduled return time.

ninjaprincesst

I think it mainly just depends on the cast member. We have been 20 minutes late and still got on , we have been 2 minutes early and had to wait, one time me and my daughter had a bleach blonde moment and got out TOT and RNR fast passes reversed and the cast member told us they were reversed but when we started to turn around he just punched a button gave us the green light and let us go on so we ended up getting to do RNR then TOT and then do RNR again. But on the same note I have seen people less than 5 minutes late be denied.

EvanAnderson

Just letting you know, the touch points will turn green starting 5 minutes early, through the 15 minutes late, so there's no "up to CM discretion to allow those" because they can't tell. All they see is a green check mark. The blue slights start 6 minutes early and earlier, and 16 minutes late and later. Those are the CM discretion areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom