Is there a grace period for fp?

Goofyernmost

Definitely 5 mins before. We were there this August and on the last day squeezed in a FP for 7DMT. As we were flying that afternoon we were at MK for Rope drop and got to 7DMT 10 mins early and asked if we could go on. The CM said no and told us we could 5 mins before.
I think the leeway depends a great deal on the size of the attendance at any given time and any give attraction. One of the reasons for the magic bands is to track and react to the numbers in certain areas of the park. They probably don't pay attention to who the individuals are, but, just how many that are in certain locations.

graphite1326

I misread my watch once and tried to get on an hour early. The CM told me I was an hour early. So something must come up on their screen.

Gillyanne

WARNING

If one of your FP attractions breaks down and you're given one of those "magical" FastPasses that can be used for any attraction, DO NOT use the grace period for any of your other FastPasses. This will cause you to "spend" the magical FastPass.

YES! I was thinking about this; SM broke down during our time, so we got one, so we did some other things, then moved to the next FP; Thought "I think they give us a 5 minute grace period" and went on... Then in line remembered about our "freebie" (which we planned to just use on SM if it came back up) and checked our reservations and yep, the Freebie was gone, and the ride FP was still there. Thankfully for us we were able to adjust our FP to something else easily. SM came back online later and either in the adjustment, or after we were able to thankfully grab another SM FP and all ended up good in the world.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Last week we tapped in to our FoP FPs 5 minutes early and always got the green. And I'm talking just seconds after T-5.

I've never had the tapstyle not turn green in the 15 minute late period. So, I can't speak to the anecdote of NRJ not allowing people on 2 minutes late as mentioned above. That's very surprising.

Also, I'm a bit confused with the anecdotes about CMs allowing or not allowing people in the grace period (the -5 and +15 period). Why are you even interacting with the CM? You tap in. And the system gives you the green or not. And if no green, *then* you deal with the CM. Are people asking the CM first before tapping?

Here's a good place to put this gripe: Why that heck is there always a crowd in front of the FoP FP tapstyle? Every. Time. What. The. Heck? What are you talking about with the CM? This can't be the first time you ever used FP! You know how it works! And CMs, move them out of the way!! I do push past them and tap in, but I shouldn't have to. There's nothing to discuss! Move!

I'm done now. Thanks.

Jon81uk

You just have to pick a rule and stick with it

And they have picked a rule, officially you have a one hour window. Unless you check these forums and other similar sites and blogs you won’t know that there is even a grace period.
But there is also a grace period, more for when people’s watches are wrong or the line for redeeming the FP is backed up. This makes it easier for front line CMs not to have to deal with the but my watch says 9:59 arguments.
Basically you should stick with the rules are try to use the FP within the hour and this was the same with old paper FPs, I never even knew they might be accepted hours after the window until I read forums such as these. But if something has gone a bit wrong then usually you can be a couple minutes it’s late.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn't the hour window you schedule the grace period?

If you want to make the argument that there shouldn't be a grace period, then make it. But saying "grace period" and "window" are the same thing is not an argument that flies since you're pretending words don't have distinct meanings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom