Is there a grace period for fp?

Goofyernmost

Last I heard there was 5 minutes before the time, if they aren't real busy and 15 minutes after. But, they have been pretty strict about it, from what I've heard, so I would do my best to get there within the 1 hour time frame.

EDIT: Sorry, I corrected the typo for the beginning.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

We try to plan getting to our FP+ attraction ahead of time but on our last trip we had times when crowds meant getting to an attraction slower and getting out of restaurants didnt happen as quickly as we had hoped. We had no issues about being slightly off time. The 15 min time allowance has been mentioned a lot. But it may be at the discretion of the CM's and depending on how much later you are and the excuse you give.

Chef Mickey

It’s 5 minutes early and 5 minutes late automatically, no questions. This is built in to the system.

Anything over 5 minutes will depend on CM discretion and which ride. Flight of Passage is enforced strictly, Small World would be more lenient.

analise

Original Poster
Thanks! We made it! We had a 9:05 to 10:05 am for rockin roller coaster but didn’t make it out of slinky dog in time. Got to rockin at 10:11. We didn’t have a problem.

justintheharris

Is there any grace period at all?
It is 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after; however, depending on the attraction and how busy it is, they may be more lenient. I have shown up to some fastpasses 30 minutes late and they may ask why but if you're nice to them, they'll typically be understanding. The only places that would be fairly strict would be Pandora, Slinky Dog Dash and maybe Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Frozen? So for those very popular attractions, stick with 5 minutes before and 15 minutes after.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As has been said, 5 before and 15 after are automatic. They won't let you in earlier than 5 minutes on any ride [or at least I've never seen it], but the 15 after can be extended at the CM's discretion. How much discretion is unclear to me, but I've been allowed on sometimes even when the FP+ was for a different ride and I was confused. I didn't argue when it came up blue instead of green, but the CM took pity and called us back and let us go through anyway. Other times I've been 16 minutes late with a reasonably good excuse and the CM wouldn't budge, I just said thanks anyway and moved on.

ColinP29

Shouldn't but sometimes you do. Things drag on, toilet breaks needed, crowds, slow service, all sorts of reasons that a grace period is good to have.

I disagree, if you can't organise yourself to arrive at a ride within the hour they give you, why should you get an extra 5-15 minutes. Causing slight delays to the next group of fast passes who were there on time

Disney4family

One time when we were at a restaurant we were concerned about missing a FP. We planned enough time in between the meal and the FP, but things were moving much, much slower than usual at the restaurant that day. Our waitress overheard our concerns and told us that we didn't need to worry. She said if there was a problem at the FP entrance, we just needed to show our receipt as proof that we were dining.
Our timing ended up being fine and we didn't have to show the CM at the FP entrance that we were "stuck" in a restaurant.

analise

Original Poster
You've got an hour to get there, shouldn't really need a grace period
Well we did & thankfully Disney world does give you a 15 minute grace period. My original question was is there a grace period, not please judge me cuz our other ride took longer than we expected. 😏

graphite1326

I was there 2 weeks ago. I was at RnRcoaster 5 min early and asked if we could get in. The CM said you have a 5 minute grace period.

analise

Original Poster
I was there 2 weeks ago. I was at RnRcoaster 5 min early and asked if we could get in. The CM said you have a 5 minute grace period.
It’s 15. We did standby for slinky on early magic morning & we still didn’t have enough time to get to rockin roller coaster. They let us in. It’s built into the system. We had no problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom