Is the Tronorail gone, or going?

Krack

Your post reminded me of this old image.
motivaaIDOL.jpg

It's clever and all ... but everyone was right about the American Idol Experience. It never should have been built and met everyone's (very very low) expectations.

mickey2008.1

I waited a whole day to see it, and i was amazed. I thought it looked great. I even got a picture and got to ride it. So i left happy:lol:

Monorail Lime

I speculate the de-Tronification of Monorail Coral will be completed no later than mid-March unless train #12 returns to the rails first. Running with only 10 trains for any extended length of time during the peak season would be less than ideal.

DisneyFamilyDad

Last April we were there and my 8 year old loved it as did I. He had only seen the original movie when he was 4 or 5 and could only remember the light cycle scenes. But he knew the train was special because it was the only one. We made 3 trips to Epcot (from the TTC) during our stay and finally made it. I've got pictures of it as it passed between us and Spaceship Earth as well. He also started anticipating the movie for the rest of the year.
We both enjoyed the movie. I made sure he seen the original. It was difficult to obtain but let's just say "CLU" helped me out on providing it for him a few days before we went to the theater. I was going to wait until he could see the original first even if we had to wait until Legacy came out on DVD and Disney let the rental companies put the original back out. The monorail was a good plug for the movie but blacklisting the original I believe was a double edged sword and anyone could argue which side was sharper.
I hope the monorail is still there at the beginning of March.

loveofamouse

I hope its there in june! :)

This thread asked about the future plans of the tronorail, not to discuss the opinions of success of the movie

Club Cooloholic

I actually really liked the movie and I am not a sci fi freak or anything. I could not remember much of the first one having not seen it in a few decades but I really did enjoy this one. CGI ect work well when you are talking about completely non-organic worlds.

PirateFrank

We were there in august and the monorail operator that we spoke to indicated that coral (the monorail wrapped in the tronorail shrink) was slated for a new paintjob in the spring of 2011 and they would likely bring the tronorail out of service then......

Granted I heard this from a CM, so it's all up for debate..and those plans couldve changed since then....but I see zero reason for Disney to keep promoting a filmthat is no longer in the theaters....so early spring is my guess for when the tronorail goes in for a new coat of coral paint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom