Is the Spirit of Aloha dinner show coming back?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
View attachment 803003

"Through 2026" is a long time. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this because there's not much that hasn't alreI think we're down to the shops, Ohana, Captain Cooks, Tangaroa Terrace building, Oasis Pool, marina, and dock as the only spots not refurbished in the last 3-4 years? @Tuvalu is there anything else that hasn't been renovated?
Is it time for a refresh on the DVC studios or bungalows?

The marina dock has been recently rebuilt and the marina rental building is long closed, so I can’t see work needed there.

Tangaroa Terrace is a definite yes, along with laundry. Oasis pool is okay but maybe the bar and grill area needs work.

With Kona Cafe recently refurbed, ‘Ohana might be next. And Cooks will never be big enough to handle guests without expanding and there isn’t room to expand it in the GCH.

I agree that 2026 must mean additional improvements. Wonder if the room
rate/discounts will reflect the “inconvenience.”

My gut tells me no.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member

The marina dock has been recently rebuilt and the marina rental building is long closed, so I can’t see work needed there.

Tangaroa Terrace is a definite yes, along with laundry. Oasis pool is okay but maybe the bar and grill area needs work.

With Kona Cafe recently refurbed, ‘Ohana might be next. And Cooks will never be big enough to handle guests without expanding and there isn’t room to expand it in the GCH.

My gut tells me no.

Thanks for the insight. I had no idea about marina dock so agreed it doesnt look like anything over that way.

DVC went through soft goods refresh at the same time the hotel went through Moana additions.

It seems like Captain Cooks will be a mess after the tower opens. It's best centrally located for the most guests, unless they consider the Tower's dining location to also double as quick service (LIKE Geyser Point). I had hoped they'd consider moving Trader Sam's to a new location and then expand Captain Cook's into Trader Sam's space, but I guess they could also move quick service instead and expand Trader Sam's.

Hopefully we hear more soon. We're inside 5 months from the tower opening and still have no details about amenities.

Jon81uk

My gut tells me no.
Being from the UK and therefore getting our free dining offer now for next year, we've just booked the Poly for November 2025.

I'd assumed there wouldn't be any construction at the time but I'm now wondering if there will be some other issue. As long as Trader Sam's is still open though...

harryk

Ribs are ok. Fried chicken is pretty good. Side are good as well. And the cornbread.
Oh - come on now - the food is exceptional and fits in perfectly with the Hoop show -- everything ties together and fits the 'as advertised' idea. This is not a Broadway production but a road show with food to match.... Excellent show not to be missed. My family attends every two years.

Basil of Baker Street

Oh - come on now - the food is exceptional and fits in perfectly with the Hoop show -- everything ties together and fits the 'as advertised' idea. This is not a Broadway production but a road show with food to match.... Excellent show not to be missed. My family attends every two years.
I mean, I agree. Another poster said it was bad, not me. The ribs can be a little chewy. I go often as well

JIMINYCR

They do an excellent job of feeding a huge number of guests in a short amount of time as they are entertained. No ones expecting a 5 star menu. In all the years weve attended the show, weve never had a complaint with what was put before us.

I have been to both shows and felt after a while the Spirit of Aloha show got boring. Speaking with my wife, I said the hula dancing at first was interesting and Unique, but it all looks the same to me, no matter if the costume colors change and or a different arm and hand movement. The food was okay and yes having to feed a lot of people is a hard thing to do.

I prefer the Hoop-De-Doo show so much better. You are kept entertained and there is always something different throughout the show.

Beacon Joe

I, too, wonder how slammed Capt Cook's will be after the towers open. I don't think this would happen, but wouldn't the space behind the Dole Whip stand that extends into the DVC sales office area (I think that's what it is) / former Wyland Gallery be a possibility for expansion or moving?

pdude81

I, too, wonder how slammed Capt Cook's will be after the towers open. I don't think this would happen, but wouldn't the space behind the Dole Whip stand that extends into the DVC sales office area (I think that's what it is) / former Wyland Gallery be a possibility for expansion or moving?
Might not be terrible if they do something like 'Sanaa To Go' at Kidani, which only came during covid and the updated mobile ordering boom. For many years the only quick service was at Jambo House, and I was not super interested in a walk or shuttle ride for a cheeseburger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom