Is the Spirit of Aloha dinner show coming back?

Mark48

Original Poster
I heard this rumor while on Vacation at the Poly last September. The cast member building adjacent to Tokelau and the Oasis pool being torn down , with the dinner show replacing it. I didnt pay it much thought but it appears to be a rumor that is gaining speed. Thoughts?

JohnD

I heard this rumor while on Vacation at the Poly last September. The cast member building adjacent to Tokelau and the Oasis pool being torn down , with the dinner show replacing it. I didnt pay it much thought but it appears to be a rumor that is gaining speed. Thoughts?
No one knows that. Obviously, the PolyDay Inn was built where the show used to be. Will there be a place for the show after the DVC wing opens? Who knows? I'd say odds are very much against that happening.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seemed like it was always a popular dinner option and with the popularity of Moana, seems like it would be easy money to bring back with a new theme/show. Then again, took a decent sized cast to run (bigger that Hoop Dee Doo if I recall correctly), so maybe that alone makes it less attractive of an option to bring back in any form...

JIMINYCR

If it does come back hopefully they will have a better quality of dinner. The show itself was decent but had some meh ratings with the dinner served bringing it down in guest satisfaction. HDD has always been the top rated dinner show and will never be knocked off as number one.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Interesting timing only because Poly's best source shared on Sunday about the building coming down but without any more information.

Mark48

Original Poster
Interesting timing only because Poly's best source shared on Sunday about the building coming down but without any more information.
I believe if you check my history posting on the Poly I posted the DVC tower and location
well before it was made public . I stand by this rumor also. I am far from the best source on this
but once and a while I get a nugget.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I believe if you check my history posting on the Poly I posted the DVC tower and location
well before it was made public . I stand by this rumor also. I am far from the best source on this
but once and a while I get a nugget.
I'm not doubting you at all and my intention was to second what you've said about the building coming down. You're first I've heard say about the luau. My comment about it being interesting was you were the second in 24 hours to say anything so there seems to be a lot of smoke here. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Disney has Poly tower things to announce soon so we'll see how much they say.

Mark48

Original Poster
I'm not doubting you at all and my intention was to second what you've said about the building coming down. You're first I've heard say about the luau. My comment about it being interesting was you were the second in 24 hours to say anything so there seems to be a lot of smoke here. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Disney has Poly tower things to announce soon so we'll see how much they say.
My apologies for not being clearer on the subject. I meant no
harm in my response.

pdude81

Was that shared with you personally or on a site/forum somewhere? The possibility of any sort of show returning here is interesting.

Mark48

Original Poster
Was that shared with you personally or on a site/forum somewhere? The possibility of any sort of show returning here is interesting.
It was shared by a Cast Member at DVC who is a family friend and has been for years. This took place last Sept. and as I stated before I didn't pay it much mind. Frankly I told her I doubt they would tear down the building.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Hypothetically if they did tear it down, there is more than enough land area to accommodate it.
1712677089328.png

I will note that The Polynesian is one of the few deluxe resorts without a "Signature" Table Service restaurant. The GF has 3 and the CR has 1.5. Is the Poly DVC Embassy Suites Tower getting a TS or a lounge?

todd23

Hypothetically if they did tear it down, there is more than enough land area to accommodate it.
View attachment 778108

I will note that The Polynesian is one of the few deluxe resorts without a "Signature" Table Service restaurant. The GF has 3 and the CR has 1.5. Is the Poly DVC Embassy Suites Tower getting a TS or a lounge?
Which building would they be tearing down (based on this rumor)?

mattpeto

I'm guessing the new restaurant in the Poly building will be in the spirit of "the spirit of Aloha". Easter eggs, maybe some menu items. I feel like I heard this as a rumor in the past too.

Dr.GrantSeeker

There needs to be some form of F&B at the resort that isn't a DVC lounge. The GCH is not equip to handle all the new guests that will be staying at the Polyday Inn. Not the mention riding on the monorail is going to probably be horrid with this addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom