Is the second weekend in September really that empty?

SyracuseOrange

TouringPlans crowd calendars go from 8-9 over Labor Day weekend to 1-3 the weekend immediately after. I imagine that's because everyone is going back to school, but I'd have to think more people would take advantage of that. I've never been down that time of year (I'm more of an early spring/late fall person) but I am thinking of taking a 3-day solo trip the second weekend in September.

Anyone ever been down there during this weekend? Are the crowds really that light?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
DW and I just booked Boardwalk for second week of September. We were already excited and now to hear that the crowds are low makes it even better. Sounds like quite a few people from here will be down there as well during September. Whenever I people watch in Disney I always wonder if anyone passing by is a member of the boards here. Perhaps this trip I just may see someone who is! If you see a guy sitting around World Showcase with a bright orange backpack, a beer in hand, and with a lovely lady and a huge smile on his face, thats me! Have a great trip to all who are going!

Upvote 0

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
DW and I just booked Boardwalk for second week of September. We were already excited and now to hear that the crowds are low makes it even better. Sounds like quite a few people from here will be down there as well during September. Whenever I people watch in Disney I always wonder if anyone passing by is a member of the boards here. Perhaps this trip I just may see someone who is! If you see a guy sitting around World Showcase with a bright orange backpack, a beer in hand, and with a lovely lady and a huge smile on his face, thats me! Have a great trip to all who are going!
If you see a guy sitting around World Showcase with a margarita in his hand and a small green bag, and probably a Mickey Mouse t-shirt...that's me.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

TouringPlans crowd calendars go from 8-9 over Labor Day weekend to 1-3 the weekend immediately after. I imagine that's because everyone is going back to school, but I'd have to think more people would take advantage of that. I've never been down that time of year (I'm more of an early spring/late fall person) but I am thinking of taking a 3-day solo trip the second weekend in September.

Anyone ever been down there during this weekend? Are the crowds really that light?

That is the week we usually go down. This year Sept 17 -27. Most kids are back in school. Most importantly is the Florida kids being back to school. The weekends get a little busier. Most rides I might have to wait for the one to finish before going in. Most are walk right on. I went in December and was surprised at the difference.

Upvote 0

Aurora1

I wish I could go in September! Teaching limits me to school breaks, but I guess I'm so used to the summer crowds that I don't find it too miserable. I went in February this year and while the CMs were saying it was extremely crowded for the week, it felt empty to me!

Upvote 0

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
I wish I could go in September! Teaching limits me to school breaks, but I guess I'm so used to the summer crowds that I don't find it too miserable. I went in February this year and while the CMs were saying it was extremely crowded for the week, it felt empty to me!
I went for 3 days in February and the CMs (including my CM friends) were saying it was insanely crowded for that time of year. I have to agree, I was shocked at the lines for a Sat/Sun/Mon in February.

Maybe this weekend in September is just what I need!

Upvote 0

luv

I went on my honeymoon sept. 17-25 1995 .We were able to walk onto most rides. My family is going this year Sept 17-24, and I'm counting on nobody being there.
It's busier than 1995, lol. In the late 90s, it was not crowded at all. Great time to go back then.

Not as great now. But I hope you luck out and have an uncrowned visit. :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I'm jumping up & down with joy after seeing the Touring plans numbers. What a trip we'll have if the crowds are as low as predicted. Short waits with opportunities for multiple rides. Now if the weather predictions cooperate...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

That time of year is better than others, which is why it called value stay. However, the free dining plan has made Sept more crowded than years in the past. If using a table service, plan ahead. I have seen Sept crowded some days in Sept. I've been in Sept in 2002, 2006, 2008 and 2009. 2002 was the least crowded and got worst as the free dining plan became popular.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We always go in Sept. Usually around the 3rd week, though. The first few years it was completely ours. My husband was the only one in the pool at CBR one year. I have pictures of us all alone on the buses from resorts and parks. We had the bus drivers take pictures. But then "free dining" started in September, and it all ended....:(

Upvote 0

draybook

It's not dead anymore. Yes, it's light, but don't expect to walk-on to most things as it used to be. Last September even Stitch had a 15 minute wait.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

My choice based on crowd levels would be second or third week in September. However, I've been a last week September to third week in October the past years since I spend time at my parents place in FL before or after the World, and since they don't go back down until Octoberish, it's a little cooler with less rain and the fact that F&W at Epcot is in October...all signs point to October for me now, but just weekdays at the World.

Upvote 0

Future Imagineer

yes because by then kids are back in for the 1st week of school and nobody wants to miss the 1st week of school. And labor day weekend is busy because it's the last week of summer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom