Is the second weekend in September really that empty?

SyracuseOrange

TouringPlans crowd calendars go from 8-9 over Labor Day weekend to 1-3 the weekend immediately after. I imagine that's because everyone is going back to school, but I'd have to think more people would take advantage of that. I've never been down that time of year (I'm more of an early spring/late fall person) but I am thinking of taking a 3-day solo trip the second weekend in September.

Anyone ever been down there during this weekend? Are the crowds really that light?

Kev1417

we typically go first two weeks in sept. things die down after labor for the most part. won't wait more than 15-20 mins for top rides other than Pan, Soarin. Went the last 2 weeks of september last year and it was far busier then. not sure if it had to do with the F&W/Epcot 30th/ToT run or not as this was the first time going during that period and had nothing to compare to.

with that said, we've been going during this time the last 8 year and each year it seems to be getting more crowded during this time.

Upvote 0

matt9112

Our stay is that week...crowds suck....I really really hate crowds...and lines. I go out of my way to avoid both. Even when my son gets older I will likely just keep him out for that week if need be....not like public schools are winning awards.

I planned the stay and the park days based on crowd calendars. Even got BOG granted its at 8pm!

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We went the first two weeks in september for 3-4 years and yes it was dead.
Changed to the first two weeks in May as a hurricane stopped us from travelling one year

Upvote 0

SyracuseOrange

Original Poster
When we went in the last week of September last year, it wasn't all that bad considering our summer trips!:eek: I wouldn't call it "dead" though.
I don't think WDW ever gets truly "dead" anymore. Especially for me, who used to live in London and have an AP for Disneyland Paris. You'd go during their off season and it would literally be dead. Even top attractions were a walk on. I rode Pirates like 5 times in a row in my own boat without having to get off, and there was nobody in the two boats ahead of me or the two boats behind me. Same was true for most rides. It was the best to be able to explore the park at night completely out of sight of another human being, like the whole park was built just for you.

I know WDW in September won't be like that, but I'm just hoping I won't have to bump into 7 strollers every time I am walking down a path.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

That was our go to WDW week when the kids were younger. Always got there the Wed after Labor day and every year the cast members said "everyone checked out yesterday". There were very few rides with lines, and those you usually came back around to later. I love that time of year, the parks are still open later even though there are fewer people. It is still very hot and humid though.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We go that time every year. Last year our longest wait was 20 minutes for the safari. The weather isn't the best but when your walking on everything, you won't be bothered by it!

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

This when well usually good and are this year. It is not dead, still have to make adrs @ 180 days, wait for fireworks, and the main attractions still have 30 minute waits. But it is far better than summer or a holiday! See you all real soon :)

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Sometimes it gets busier the week of the Jewish holidays since schools in the Northeast (basically NY/NJ and a few neighboring states) are closed but they are September 5/6 this year so you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom