Is the Pop Century any good?

Pabgo

I'm going to "The World" sometime around Nov. 22nd, for a couple of days, and we were on the overflow thing, and they put us in the Pop Century! For anybody that has stayed there, is it nice? Well, I'm sure it's "nice", because it's Disney!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have stayed at the Pop once and really enjoyed it. I think it was marketing genious to force you to walk through the gift shop to go to the food court.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Stayed at PoP not long after it opened and loved it. The food court rivals any at any other resort however it is crouded no matter where you you go there day or night. Rooms are slightly smaller than others but not that big of a deal. Pools great, grounds are nice, great arcade for kids, and you can watch Illuminations from some of the buildings. The bus service is also great, I really like that they have the rope line areas so that when the bus gets there theres not a rush to get on, you get on in the order that you got there and waited. The only down side is if its raining the waiting area for the busses isnt covered so you will get soaked. Overall this is a great chioce to stay but be ready for a busy place, day or night.

Upvote 0

ingo

just POP, POP and POP

Hi,
I was there from sept 29th untill oct 6th. I loved it, verry clean and everyday they cleaned the foodcourt. I was verry surprised abouth how clean it was. ( it was my first trip to Disney World USA).
Oct 6th we went to POR for our last week, but.......the room was so dusty and dirty there was even toothpaste on the wall from the people who were there before us. There was also soap from them and there was dust everywhere even at the coffeemaker!
We decide to go back to POP Century!

So POP, POP and POP!
Pools are great, Foodcourt is great and clean and so not just ask a member to clean it for you. Nice People at the frontdesk and at the foodcourt. And, and, and everything was nice abouth POP.

Upvote 0

gustavobergesio

En español

Disculpen que publique en español, pero es mi intención aportar mi experiencia también para los latinos. Pop Century es absolutamente recomendable, se encuentra ubicado en un hermoso lugar, la atención es extremadamente cordial, el servicio de buses es muy bueno, las habitaciones son limpias y acogedoras. En toda mi estadía de 9 dias siempre he encontrado alguien que hablara español para ayudarme ya que mi inglés es muy limitado. Una familia de 2 adultos y dos niños pequeños disfrutará su estadía.

Gustavo Bergesio

1988 - 1998 - 2001 - Disneyland Paris 2003 - 2006

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We have stayed there a number of times and have never had a bad time ever. The theming is outstanding, icons that are taller than a 4 story building, like 12 foot tall foozeball players, or a really BIG big wheel. And the store Everything POP, is bigger than the stores they have at the all stars as well as the food court. If you want to save money but still have the joy of Disney it's the place to be. 13 days and counting till our third visit this year. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!:zipit: NOT SOON ENOUGH!! :D :sohappy:

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

or a really BIG big wheel.

Don't have any KIDS but you hit it right on with the big models from our childhood. My husband and I are a *few* (lol) years apart and although I was thrilled to stay in the '70's there was plenty there that he could relate to. And of course in the Disney Spirit we did cruise through his 60's, too. Yeah the lobby is fantastic. We had the longest wait trying to get our room (about 15 minutes in line) but there was a lot to look at and keep our minds busy on rather than the clock the whole time. Like a lot of the Disney resorts, be prepared to walk a ways to your car, tho. Luckily we are young and healthy, but after tearing up the parks all day (AK like to have killed us) I did drag a leg to the room. :snore:

Upvote 0

luvGoofy

We, my family of 4, stayed at Pop in February and are going back in December. We didn't have any trouble at all and really liked it. I'm a little partial to all star movies but pop was definately newer. We had bus issues at both places so I think it's a toss up on that issue. Everything else was wonderful!!

Upvote 0

goofntink

We stayed there in July and LOVED it. We are going again next year same time,and booked rooms for other family members coming down on vacation at same time.We got a block of rooms together in the preferred rooms rightby the Lobby and FoodCourt top floor facing the pool. Hopefully they will get off their butts and get going on the Legendary Years side like they have been telling us, and get the family suites done.

Upvote 0

Stitch69

never stayed there.....iam sure it is great for the price.All Disney resorts are so well done. Usally the value resorts only have food courts- no sit down dinning. Besides, how long will you be at the resort?

Upvote 0

Gantu

Stayed in Jan 2004

We were only there two nights - after coming off the cruise and 2 pre-cruise nights at the AKL. Despite the luxury of those other places, POP certainly holds its own.

My wife and I stayed in the "1950s" section, which has a pool shaped like a bolwing pin. It's simply fun to look at all the theming from each deacde. Plus, Disney plays the music of the era in the courtyards during the day.

At the value rate, you won't be disappointed ... you may be a little bummed when you stay at a hotel/motel outside of Disney, pay the same rate and get stuck in a dirty ol' room with zero amenties and service without a smile:p

DISNEY RESORTS SPOIL US ROTTEN!!

Upvote 0

Korita

We have stayed there twice, once in 2004 and this pased summer. The family has LOVED IT both times. The food court was always clean and so was are room. We will stay there the next time as well.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

tricia321

pop

We stayed there in October. We were not pleased overall. One room smelled of cigarettes and we found unopened beer behind the tv console in the other room (where the underage kids were sleeping). I wrote a letter to Disney and they made a 'courtesy call' back to us,but no other action. They ended up changing all the linen and shampooing the rug in the smoked-in room, but were 'unable' to have us change rooms. Loved the gift shop, pool and laundry facilities.

Upvote 0
We stayed there in October. We were not pleased overall. One room smelled of cigarettes and we found unopened beer behind the tv console in the other room (where the underage kids were sleeping). I wrote a letter to Disney and they made a 'courtesy call' back to us,but no other action. They ended up changing all the linen and shampooing the rug in the smoked-in room, but were 'unable' to have us change rooms. Loved the gift shop, pool and laundry facilities.

Are you sure that wasn't from the underaged kids??? :D Lol, jk...too bad you had that experience there...I have been to POP, and it is by far the best of the value resorts; cleaner, newer, and has it's own busses...definitely better than the price would suggest, by far...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom