Is the Living Seas Que area ever filled up?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I took a visit to the Living Seas making a wrong turn and finding myself on the Finding Nemo ride. When I was there the oversized que area was empty. I almost died when I saw they used the Space for the Pre Show and possibly the Hydrators for the unused que area. I am pretty sure I saw the old screens up above. All I can say is from what I see they could of kept everything and still had the Nemo attraction. If Spaceship Earth doesn't need a que area that big why did they do all that just for a stupid unattended 5 minute ride.

The first time I rode it (I want to say 2008?), the line was SUPER long. It started outside and we waited about 45 minutes to ride. Huuuuuuuge disappointment. Then again, I didn't care for the original Seas. (The pre-show was loud and I was easily frightened.)

WDW_Emily

The first time we rode it (I also think it was in 2008) the line was outside the building and about a 30 minute wait. it was always moving but the large queue line was definitely needed.

Last year we went in April and it was about a 15 minute wait. The line started right around where the net is above your head.

MarkTwain

I've never seen a line for Nemo, and I've ridden it lots. :lookaroun

'course, we usually go to the Seas later in the night, when Seabase is empty...

thelookingglass

I was there two days ago and the line was completely full inside and extended outside. The reason the queue is often empty is because the ride is a people-eater, it doesn't mean its unpopular. Spaceship Earth is usually a walk-on, too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Being an omnimover it takes quite a few guests to back up the queue. If it was not for the pre-show HM would rarely have a line either. If you are there off peek or especially off peak on a week day you will rarely see a line. Any other time and the queue can extend to the fountain.

mickeysshoes

WOW..who would have thunk....I have never seen or had to wait in a line here. But waiting in line at WDW is better than being at work so who cares!!!!!

micknminnie

We waited in line, which extended outside, last June for what seemed like forever on one of the hottest days of the summer.

Monorail Lime

With the Hydrolators gone, guests can freely enter the aquarium through the exit/gift shop area. I wonder if the main queue would ever fill up if more guests knew they were only waiting for the Nemo sea cabs.

menamechris

YIKES! I can't imagine how disappointed people must be after waiting 45 minutes for that. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for it. However, I think a lot of people don't know they can bypass the ride though and just walk in...

I was there two days ago and the line was completely full inside and extended outside. The reason the queue is often empty is because the ride is a people-eater, it doesn't mean its unpopular. Spaceship Earth is usually a walk-on, too.

You're exactly right. SE is almost always a walk on or a <20 minute wait. If there IS a wait, it's only because a person is having difficulty getting on the ride, or disembarking from it. This is also why it stops during the ride.

It's great because this is one of our "go to's" if we have some time to kill between fast passes or while we wait on our ADR time.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Darn - I always thought that que WAS the ride... biggest empty queue at WDW, and comes with a free echo :).

I have seen some que areas that are more impressing then the Nemo ride LOL.

With the Hydrolators gone, guests can freely enter the aquarium through the exit/gift shop area. I wonder if the main queue would ever fill up if more guests knew they were only waiting for the Nemo sea cabs.

If the Hydrolators were there today and we had the option to just walk in to the Aquarium I would probably skip that part anyway. When I was in the aquarium I noticed only 25 percent Nemo and a new color scheme which I could get used to. I was expecting the whole place to be dressed up. Although I did see a clown fish floating on top of one of the fish tanks and some traumatized kids. Besides that I do think if they are going to have a nemo ride they should make it something more like the Circle of Life.

thelookingglass

YIKES! I can't imagine how disappointed people must be after waiting 45 minutes for that. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for it. However, I think a lot of people don't know they can bypass the ride though and just walk in...
I honestly don't see how it would be much more disappointing to a guest who didn't know any better than it would be for waiting 45 minutes for say, Pooh, or Peter Pan's Flight.
I would never wait through that queue for Nemo, it is ridiculously long.
Its not that long, it just feels long because you have to walk through most of the switchbacks.

TinkerFan

When we went my husband took our girls through the "exit" and they checked out the animals. However my son was dead set on going on the ride. So I went with him on it. The wait time said 10 minutes but we walked right on. Although it took me about 10 minutes to get my son through the line. He kept stopping and looking at everything.

We went in September (2010) & February (2011) and both times the line was only 10 minutes. My parents went in June and said it was forty minutes.

Pioneer Hall

I remember when it first opened and we waited on a line that went all the way to Innoventions. I haven't waited more than 5 minutes since (but I also tend to go during slower times).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom