Is the Irish pub at PI open yet?

Nansafan

Original Poster
The title says it all. Is the Irish pub at PI open yet? If not, does anybody know the scheduled opening date? We will be down from 7/7-7/15 and my son would like to check it out. Thanks for the help.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was still under construction when I was there 2 weeks ago and it did not look even remotely close to being finished.

Ducky_Love

The info packets Disney sends out to the Good Neighbor Hotels still says they expect to open in July (no date given). HOWEVER, as someone who is at PI many times every week.. they seem to be making very little progress on the outside of the building. It is anyone's guess how things are coming together inside the building. I have a little bit of doubt that this will open "on time".. but it could happen.

Since Raglan Road will not require club admission I would guess this is going to be a *very* busy spot!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
bgraham34 said:
Irish Pub, what is it going to do. I want to see give me details when it opens.

knee cappings, collections for the cause, Guiness, Murphys, and a fair bit of the craic. :animwink:

BeachClubVillas

I'm going to be there July 10-20, and I really wanted to try this place out, especially since I'm staying right at Saratoga Springs. I hope it's open!

Dizknee_Phreek

Well, since others have already given more recent updates on what's happening, mine's a little out-of-date by now, but...when I was there the last week of May, the inside was completely gutted and the front walls were gone...so pretty much, it was just the roof and some of the back walls. Which, surprised and saddened me as I thought they were just going to use the same building with the same structure. At the same time, if they had reused the building, I probably would've considered it a "cheap" rethemeing. Anyway, I couldn't believe that they hadn't got any farther with the constrution. If it's still going at the same rate, I'm with others in questioning if it will open on the scheduled date.

PeeplMoovr

For what it's worth, I walked by on Sunday and the entire inside of the pub-to-be was still entirely gutted and empty of all things Irish. The outside of the building is still the lifeless old building the jazz club was in.
Didn't look like it'll open any time soon. Too bad. I can use a bit of the dark stuff when I'm in DTD, and Wolfgang Pucks just doesn't serve it up quite right.

Ducky_Love

Ahh.. yes. I forget that things I see all the time are still news worthy. I can get a pic of the contruction this weekend if anyone cares to see it.

I have not seen the lights on inside.. so I have no idea if there is anything Irish going on. If memory serves they had covered the inside of the windows just after Jazz Club and DeZert's closed. I have not seen anyone working on the inside or outside.. but then PI is closed all day.

I'm so sick of seeing that contruction wall!! I wish they woud hurry it up..

SteveUK

Pumbas Nakasak said:
knee cappings, collections for the cause, Guiness, Murphys, and a fair bit of the craic. :animwink:

Well said. But you are a braver man than me!!! I seem to remember that this wasn't unusual in certain Scottish pubs.

Dinosaur

Hi this is my first real post the only way to post something was to reply. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to start a thred. I also have a question, was any body at AK on the 30 of APril this year? I am a middle schooler and i am a chicken . I was going to finally ride DINOSAUR and was so excited !!!! When i got there i could not go in to ride do to" technical difficulties" or so they said. I was ed!

Later that day on ITTBAB i herd that disney had to fill out a police report on DINOSAUR that day. It was very suspicious and i am dying to kno what happened . Could anybody clue me in?:snore:

Ducky_Love

T-i-doubleguher said:
Hi this is my first real post the only way to post something was to reply. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to start a thred. I also have a question, was any body at AK on the 30 of APril this year? I am a middle schooler and i am a chicken . I was going to finally ride DINOSAUR and was so excited !!!! When i got there i could not go in to ride do to" technical difficulties" or so they said. I was ed!

Later that day on ITTBAB i herd that disney had to fill out a police report on DINOSAUR that day. It was very suspicious and i am dying to kno what happened . Could anybody clue me in?:snore:

LOL-- okay.. just this once.. :hammer:

The way to post a new thread:
  1. Go to the catagory the thread belongs in... example: this belongs in "Forum Support / Feedback".
  2. Once you have clicked on the correct catagory, in the top left corner there is a box that says "New Thread" hit that and fire away.
As far as a police report on Dinosaur.. I doubt it. But I wasn't there on April 30th. You should go post the question under its own thread in "News & Rumors" to see if anyone can help.

EDIT!!! Forgot to tell you to always search for your answer in the top right corner of the homepage. Don't want to talk about something we've all heard a zillion time! :animwink:

llrain

according to my dvc newsletter. IT is goiing to be really kewl with authentic recreation of an irish pub complete with music performances, good food and guinness. There is a chef coming over from Ireland to create irish dishes
yummy

It is slated to be open, i think august it said...
I cant wait to go there myseifl in september although I am kinda sad they
took away the jazz club for this....they could have taken away a few others that come to mind

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom