Is the future bleak for Disneyworld, Disneyland, etc?

Chi84

Premium Member
Cost of a rental car or Ubering to WDW from/to MCO is easily $200+. G+ is, on average, $100/day. Please give me a few examples of these “many things” that offset the increase of $300-$700 per vacation for a family of five. I’ll be generous and leave the rapid increases of hotel rooms, variable ticket pricing, and food increases out of the equation.
But if you rent cars, as my family does, the cost of Ubering or Magical Express doesn't factor in. It's expensive to rent cars but we choose to do it for the convenience of getting to the parks on our own schedule, driving off property etc. For families who use Magical Express, nothing is going to make up for it. The convenience of not having to lug carseats or find Ubers that have them alone is invaluable even without figuring in the cost.

Shortsighted greedy decision.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Cost of a rental car or Ubering to WDW from/to MCO is easily $200+. G+ is, on average, $100/day. Please give me a few examples of these “many things” that offset the increase of $300-$700 per vacation for a family of five. I’ll be generous and leave the rapid increases of hotel rooms, variable ticket pricing, and food increases out of the equation.
New attractions and lands are things that you now get that you didn’t used to get. So there’s that.

As for transportation to and from the airport, if you didn’t use ME anyway, which a lot of people didn’t, then the elimination of ME isn’t a loss. That’s what we have been trying to say when we say that things are subjective. Just because one person might not be getting everything that they used to doesn’t mean everyone is being affected that way.

Oh, and if you are paying $200 in transportation, then you might want to be a little more careful in the future, and possibly even report the person who has obviously ripped you off. We recently took an Uber for $38 each way - hardly an offensive amount.

Tha Realest

What’s simple is that you obviously cannot read. So pathetic.

And speaking of pathetic, you paid $200 for a car ride and are still whining about it all these years later. Bwahahahahaha!
Not complaining about it, just realistic. Incidentally, this is what a round trip to/from MCO would cost, before tips. Maybe I should call airport security?

1696471654272.png

GimpYancIent

That is provably not true.

Price Increases
Entertainment Cuts
Operating Hour Cuts
Onsite Perks for Resort Guest Cuts
Maintenance Cuts

Have all been extensively been covered on this site and in the discussion forums.
Absolutely correct and the bottom line is the consumer, guests, travelers, visitor's, yes the fans, are looked down upon as mere monetary resources (akin to livestock) to be exploited. If the quarterly financial numbers indicate a drop in profit, then reduce services / product quality and raise prices. Not a new thing but a continuing trend that in the short term will artificially produce increased profits but long term will damage the company /corporation ability to attract customers and sell product.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disney has the "Titanic-mentality":

"We are so big and strong that not even God can sink us....that is why we don't worry about icebergs..."

No worries folks....Disney IS big and strong. Disney is a 100 year old company that is EXTREMELY well loved by their customers globally. The Disney logo has an extremely high "trust" factor among the general public....it always has and always will. Disney is a brand that you can "trust" and will always make products that are wholesome and family friendly and of course, always with the highest quality too. We know this as a fact.

Yes, the company has had some bad luck in the past few years but there is no reason to believe that it wont turn around quickly. They have a brand new "Marvels" movie on the way which is sure to be a big holiday hit. They also have a new, modernized "Snow White" movie on slate for next year too. "Snow White" is such a huge and historic property and one that is deeply loved buy multiple generations of fans all over the world. I think this new "Snow White" movie will be a catapult that launches Disney back into it's next decades of growth. (I'd like to see them re-skin the "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" to match the themes and look of the new movie)

Epic Universe will likely be a bomb in 2025 and I think Disney will take advantage of that when they build out all of their new, Blue-Sky ideas. It's looking good for the company,...they just need to get past this small thunderstorm they are in today.
unicorn-farts.gif

Goofyernmost

Well “baffled” is too far.

But the idea that the value has declined is not a “fringe” or “isolated” opinion.

Because you can’t always quantify the consensus…doesn’t mean you can dismiss the idea of a consensus (not “you”…to be clear)

The impossible way to quantify this would be a mandatory poll of everyone who was old enough - and paid a bill - to rate value of their trips in to year intervals:
1990 2000 2010 2020

That would also take into account operational changes/improvements as part of “value”

So how would the results fall?

It would be heavily tilted and that’s the “consensus”
I agree the use of the word "baffled" is a bit of hyperbole but it is in my mind because forks are not paying attention to the rest of the post. If I had said, I don't understand, would it have been better even though it means the same thing. I was saying that I and people that are like me base the value on what it does for them personally. That doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with those that still do, it is that I "do not understand" those that had been presented with the factual changes and still get that same enjoyment shouldn't continue to do what works for them, it's just something that I can no longer do. When one doesn't have a steady income that regenerates the money that one spends at a Disney theme park how you value things will change. I do not expect the parks to cost the same to get into as it did in 1983, but when I compare the two, it was a much better value than it is now. It might still be a good value to a lot of people, just not to me and I don't understand why people don't feel just a little like they are being shook down. And that's years before the "free" Disney Prison Bus started to run.

It was just a way to lock people in the property, but with the creation of Uber, that meant that the gate was left open and people could much more easily go in and out of the property, thus defeating the purpose of having the Magical Express to begin with. It became a ginormous cost for Disney with no benefit for Disney. In the earlier days that was no MDE and strangely we all found our way into the grounds and also managed to save a lot of money on a room offsite that we just used to sleep in anyway and also got the chance to explore other areas of Florida a minimal express with a rental car. It seems like no one understands that the cost of ME was in the cost of staying at a Disney Hotel whether you used it or you didn't. You didn't see the room rage drop with the ending of the bus did you? No rates increased, just a major cost eliminated that everyone wrongly considered "free".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom