Is the future bleak for Disneyworld, Disneyland, etc?

Jrb1979

Except we have people who posted this same topic on here multiple times so maybe do a search before you post the same tired thread. But since you want us to contribute...no the future ain't bleak for Disney.
For someone like me it does. What my family loved about Disney is slowly going away. What made us love Disney is the immersive dark rides like Horizons, World of Motion and the original Imagination. Adding things like Guardians and Tron does nothing for us as there is other parks that do coasters a lot better

Prince-1

For someone like me it does. What my family loved about Disney is slowly going away. What made us love Disney is the immersive dark rides like Horizons, World of Motion and the original Imagination. Adding things like Guardians and Tron does nothing for us as there is other parks that do coasters a lot better

Fine...it’s bleak for you. Not for me.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

And we get that but seriously how many threads a week can one have on the same topic?? Especially since this quasi predicted death of Disney has been floating for at least 10 years

Jrb1979

And we get that but seriously how many threads a week can one have on the same topic?? Especially since this quasi predicted death of Disney has been floating for at least 10 years
True but at the same time how many threads do we need of people hyping up all the blue sky ideas. Like Encanto, whoever he is,

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I used to get so worked up... Eventually, the old-school theme park fanatic have to give up and appreciate what is left... Littler by littler each year.

JusticeDisney

...or we can just stop going. If what we loved about Disney parks is no longer a part of the parks, it makes no sense to open our wallets and just accept the decline.
But by all means, if you no longer like WDW, make sure you still spend all your time on a WDW message board, doing nothing but complaining about how bad the place is. Right @Jrb1979 ?

Marionnette

But by all means, if you no longer like WDW, make sure you still spend all your time on a WDW message board, doing nothing but complaining about how bad the place is. Right @Jrb1979 ?
From what I can tell, a lot of this board's discussion is devoted to the international parks and Disneyland, upcoming movies, imaginative and creative alternatives to what exists in the parks, changes at the resorts, the cruise line and D+. Not everything is about WDW.

JusticeDisney

From what I can tell, a lot of this board's discussion is devoted to the international parks and Disneyland, upcoming movies, imaginative and creative alternatives to what exists in the parks, changes at the resorts, the cruise line and D+. Not everything is about WDW.
Ummmmmm, I hate to break it to you but you are on the WDW Parks General Discussion board. I’ll give you 3 guesses what the WDW stands for, and the first 2 don’t count.

JusticeDisney

I never said I no longer like WDW. I hate the direction they are taking the parks. IMO they should stop focusing on thrill rides. Let the parks that do them well do them.
1. Show me the last post you made that was not negative to WDW
2. You think WDW is focusing on thrill rides? 🤣

Jrb1979

1. Show me the last post you made that was not negative to WDW
2. You think WDW is focusing on thrill rides? 🤣
What do you call Tron, Guardians and Tiana? I would call them thrill rides.

What drew me go Disney originally were rides like Horizons, World of Motion and Haunted Mansion. IMO it's what they excelled at.

JusticeDisney

What do you call Tron, Guardians and Tiana? I would call them thrill rides.

What drew me go Disney originally were rides like Horizons, World of Motion and Haunted Mansion. IMO it's what they excelled at.
So 2 new thrill rides and a redo of an existing one constitutes focusing on thrill rides? Gotcha.

BTW, Mickey and Minnie’s RR, Ratatoullie and Moana say hello. Or do you call them thrill rides too?

Jrb1979

So 2 new thrill rides and a redo of an existing one constitutes focusing on thrill rides? Gotcha.

BTW, Mickey and Minnie’s RR, Ratatoullie and Moana say hello. Or do you call them thrill rides too?
They certainly aren't the dark rides that I loved about Disney.

JusticeDisney

They certainly aren't the dark rides that I loved about Disney.
Keep moving the goal posts, lol. You said they focus on thrill rides. When proven wrong on that, you say well they aren’t making dark rides. As we can all see, all you do is complain. But hey, you do you. Maybe you would be happier at a site not devoted to a place that you hate. BTW, still waiting for you to point to the last post where you said anything positive about WDW.

Jrb1979

Keep moving the goal posts, lol. You said they focus on thrill rides. When proven wrong on that, you say well they aren’t making dark rides. As we can all see, all you do is complain. But hey, you do you. Maybe you would be happier at a site not devoted to a place that you hate. BTW, still waiting for you to point to the last post where you said anything positive about WDW.
I haven't said anything positive in a long while cause the 2 Bobs have just about killed everything I liked about WDW.

JusticeDisney

I haven't said anything positive in a long while cause the 2 Bobs have just about killed everything I liked about WDW.
Well, like I’ve said plenty of times here, there is plenty to be critical about, but there is also a lot to still like, at least in my view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom