Is the fantasmic fastpass worth it?

Clamman73

image.png

DisneyPrincess5

I guess it really depends on how much you enjoy Fantasmic and how badly you want to see it.
Here is a great article I found about it to help you formulate the plan that's best for you: http://.com/tips-and-tricks-for-fantasmic/

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yep we always do a FP for Fantasmic because when we go there usually is only one show a night and we don't want to wait in line for an hour prior just to maybe get in. We have missed out before so we do a FP now to guarantee us a seat and we can just walk up 15 min or so prior and not wait in a long line. Also if you don't want to use a FP for it you can do the Fantasmic Dinner package. :)

mergatroid

Is Fantasmic worth the fastpass?

We always got to Fantasmic at least an hour before it started to feel that we were guaranteed a seat and had a reasonable choice of where we sat. Last year we tried a FP+ for it for the first time and whilst we only had to get there 15 mins or so before the start, we felt we were herded into a seat with little choice of position.

Having AP's and going for 3 weeks at a time we do many partial days at the parks and as such don't feel like we're wasting FP+'s for things like this. The evenings we see Fantasmic we usually get 3 FP+'s for 5,6 and 8pm and arrive about 4:30pm having the last FP+ for Fantasmic. If we were spending the majority of the day there however, we'd probably use 3 FP+'s for rides and just use stand by for Fantasmic.

DfromATX

Yep we always do a FP for Fantasmic because when we go there usually is only one show a night and we don't want to wait in line for an hour prior just to maybe get in. We have missed out before so we do a FP now to guarantee us a seat and we can just walk up 15 min or so prior and not wait in a long line. Also if you don't want to use a FP for it you can do the Fantasmic Dinner package. :)

We've waited like that before only not to get in. That's why we did the dinner package the next time. (I feel like you and I have talked about this before lol...)

BigHero4

Depends on when you are going and if you have the FP available. I'm guessing it is wise to get a FP if going during peak season. During our last trip in late September, we walked right in about 10 minutes before the show without a FP and got a seat in the 5th row. Great seats. Yes, we got splashed a bit, but it felt good after a hot day in the park.

Doug Means

we always do a fantastic dining option and use our fast passes for other stuff...we know were going to eat at the park so why not get the dining with fantastic seats. best seats we've ever had was the 2 times we did this.

Chef Mickey

I'd use the dining option because the fast pass option in the same tier as Toy Story. That way, you can get a Toy Story FP and still get preferred seating at Fantasmic, which has been improved over past dining package seating.

It's my understanding the dining package FP seating is also "better" than the regular FP Fantasmic seating.

jlsHouston

I doubt I would ever do FP for Fantasmic again. I did it once with a FP back when legacy FP was still available and you could sort of double dip and it worked great walked up last minute got a seat in the middle about half way up. I think I would either do the late showing or do the dining package.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I doubt I would ever do FP for Fantasmic again. I did it once with a FP back when legacy FP was still available and you could sort of double dip and it worked great walked up last minute got a seat in the middle about half way up. I think I would either do the late showing or do the dining package.

They don't always have 2 shows a night to be able to go to the later show. When we go in Oct- Dec minus holiday weeks there is usually only one showing and we have missed out on it before due to the theater being full. You usually have to wait an hour or so prior to get a seat when we go. We now do a FP when we want to see the show or dinner package. And now the center/middle seats are only for the dining package. Also we don't worry about using the FP or wasting it because we often go several days to HS for several hours so we can always get FP's for the other top tier rides like TSMM on a different day. :)

bethymouse

We did the dining package, but my Mom was in a scooter ( duh on my part). We sat up top of course, and then the show was cancelled due to storms.:cry: I did the 1 hour wait beforehand one year, and we got right up front. I guess it all depends. It sure is a crazy way to get people in ( the 2nd show was quite dark... lots of people running into each other after the Frozen fireworks... also delayed due to thunderstorms). I just hate the way they herd people in like cattle! Moooove out of the way!;):eek:

Chef Mickey

I'd use the dining option because the fast pass option in the same tier as Toy Story. That way, you can get a Toy Story FP and still get preferred seating at Fantasmic, which has been improved over past dining package seating.

It's my understanding the dining package FP seating is also "better" than the regular FP Fantasmic seating.
I can confirm the dining package is awesome. We sat in the second row in the dead center and arrived 30 minutes before showtime. Regular FastPass gets seating on the sides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom