Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

FutureWorld1982

ibhY7idUtB079y.PNG

jdmdisney99

Happy to finally hear it will be coming down. However, it doesn't matter at all to me if the ride they finally uncover is completely gutted out. That is just illogical. Tear down a thematic break (BAH), and then build a new thematic break (GotG). Trust me, tearing the hat down will give GMR more attention and higher ridership numbers. It is also one of the few rides in the park that really says "Disney", and is the only up close interaction with animatronics in the park.

vinnya1726

A few thoughts...before we start uncorking champagne that the BAH is leaving...the reason Disney stated for putting in where it was put has not changed. MGM and Disney still do not have a close relationship and MGM is not going to just let Disney use the theater as the center piece of the park. I think we will be walking down Hollywood BLVD looking at something other than the theater ...which probably means the end of the GMR.

I have also been thinking that Star Wars Weekend might not be in DHS this May, with so much of the park closed for construction and such, they will not have the space to do all the activities they have done in the past. I wonder if they would move SWW to EPCOT or MK for a year or two until they have made some progress on the park to be formerly known as HS. I do not believe they have announced SWW dates, so this might be something to keep an eye on.

jdmdisney99

A few thoughts...before we start uncorking champagne that the BAH is leaving...the reason Disney stated for putting in where it was put has not changed. MGM and Disney still do not have a close relationship and MGM is not going to just let Disney use the theater as the center piece of the park. I think we will be walking down Hollywood BLVD looking at something other than the theater ...which probably means the end of the GMR.

I have also been thinking that Star Wars Weekend might not be in DHS this May, with so much of the park closed for construction and such, they will not have the space to do all the activities they have done in the past. I wonder if they would move SWW to EPCOT or MK for a year or two until they have made some progress on the park to be formerly known as HS. I do not believe they have announced SWW dates, so this might be something to keep an eye on.
I know what you're thinking, and that is definitely not why they put the BAH up.

HMF

Can we please stop perpetuating the myth that there is any legal reason the theater needs to be blocked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom