Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Seabasealpha1

The BAH is still on the chopping block. Time frames are all over the place right now. All SW changes will begin with American Idol.
You know, I hope. Just removing that alone will so improve that line of sight that it might seem like a whole new place when you walk in....

The next real question after removal is placement...I've heard outside the park's gates...Near the international gateway (which is what I thought the original placement was supposed to be?) out where they put the christmas tree every year....?

Or will it go the way of the wand at Epcot and wind up out back in a glittery heap....? Perhaps to be scavenged for park pins (own a piece of the magic! only 29.95!) or structural parts for other projects?

And I saw something on this post...and I'll chime in... NO, I don't think they'll implode the hat! Not unless they can race a car over the explosion when Lights! Motors! Action! gets parked in front of the theatre....

(just kidding!)

And another question...have they ever considered adding more stars' names to the walk in front of the theater? Could be cool as some of them are in rough shape (sadly my favorite one, Jim Varney (aka Ernest P. Worrell) is like uber faded and is hard to read)....

Obi Walt Kenobi

Should have been removed with the wand and they could use both pieces to construct a giant Socerer Mickey Statue.. Just kidding, but I will enjoy the view once it's gone.

Tom

Beta Return
So, maybe someone else has already asked this...

When in timeframe (supposedly) does the hat come down in relation to the Star Wars/Carsland/DHS makeover? is it going to be like simultaneously or should we look for it to come down first? Last?

Disney wouldn't spend money just to take it down. The only hope is if there's already a massive project underway in the park, and they can roll it into the budget.

doctornick

The BAH is still on the chopping block. Time frames are all over the place right now. All SW changes will begin with American Idol.

Interesting. I'd be happy to see AIE go and be replaced -- though I'm normally against removing attractions (especially in DHS which needs as many as it can get), that is admittedly one attraction I have no interest in whatsoever and would not care if it is gone.

Do you know if AIE and Sounds Dangerous are being combined into one attraction or will they remain seperate buildings? Also, is it safe to assume that an indoor Jedi Academy is a potential option for one or both spaces? Or is it the alleged 3D/4D film also slated for the Eo theater in DL's Tomorrowland?

tirian

Interesting. I'd be happy to see AIE go and be replaced -- though I'm normally against removing attractions (especially in DHS which needs as many as it can get), that is admittedly one attraction I have no interest in whatsoever and would not care if it is gone.

Do you know if AIE and Sounds Dangerous are being combined into one attraction or will they remain seperate buildings? Also, is it safe to assume that an indoor Jedi Academy is a potential option for one or both spaces? Or is it the alleged 3D/4D film also slated for the Eo theater in DL's Tomorrowland?

The 3-D film is coming, but I'm not sure whether or not they're planning to combine the spaces.

MerlinTheGoat

The new location is undetermined, but definitely not canceled.
Good to know, thanks. So it isn't going to be in the same place but they definitely intend to keep it. That's good news to me, I'm a huge fan of those lights and would be really sad to see them gone.

Is there going to be more than one Star Wars ride present in the "expansion"? Perhaps something not thrill-based?

tirian

Half of DHS will truly be a construction zone within the next 8 months. This has been fast tracked so the announcements will steal a bit of HP2 thunder from Uni. I'm not sure how well that will work, since none of the SW plans are on the level of Gringott's or Forbidden Journey. But I do trust Kathy M.

Good to know, thanks. So it isn't going to be in the same place but they definitely intend to keep it. That's good news to me, I'm a huge fan of those lights and would be really sad to see them gone.

Is there going to be more than one Star Wars ride present in the "expansion"?

MerlinTheGoat

Well I just hope they do a little more than bolt a video screen to a roller coaster car or whatever. I'm really not expecting Harry Potter level, but something good at least.

TTA94

The new location is undetermined, but definitely not canceled.

Hmm, What about Disney Springs? (Most likely), Or MK but I think it would be way to tacky. Would be kind of cool though to see MS covered in lights :). I had hoped the Castle Dreamlights would make their way into the hub and down MS but that has yet to happen. I think it was a rumor at one point.

mickey2008.1

Now it is fact that only10℅ of whar is rumored gets done, and that is being generous, at least from the rumors on here that are to be from insiders, I expect, no, only wish that 10℅ of the rumors were true, and only the good ones. Take out the good, but don't give back.

MerlinTheGoat

More rides besides just Star Wars? Or perhaps you meant more than one Star Wars ride. Either way, interesting...

And yeah I second the more family rides comment. DHS is sorely lacking there. Especially on good ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom