Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

The Rocketeer

Thanks, that's brilliant news, it shows even Disney is acknowledging that the theatre looks great.

And yes, as to the urban legend, I guess Iger must have ponied up the money to buy the rights back from Graumans! o_O
I don't know what the deal is. Maybe some of the "insiders" here know. I know Warner Bros and Paramount owned it for a few years in the early 2000's so the legend could have some backbone to it, but I think it was just fan speculation.

Last edited:

BrerJon

I don't know what the deal is. Maybe some of the "insiders" here know. I know Warner Bros and Paramount owned it for a few years in the early 2000's so the legend could have some backbone to it, but I personally think it was just fan speculation.

That's all it was. In all seriousness the reality is that you can't trademark buildings from before a certain time period, so anyone can use the chinese theatre image without having to pay anyone or get any permission.

It's only when you get on to names that intellectual property gets involved, which is why Disney never ever refers to it as the Chinese theatre, only as 'The Great Movie Ride'.

BrerJon

Hopefully that means it won't ever be removed :cautious:

Hopefully. Disney have certainly heard people here saying they wish they'd paint the roof, anyway - WDI is hard at work on the plans for that:

1MsP0Y4.png

The Rocketeer

That's all it was. In all seriousness the reality is that you can't trademark buildings from before a certain time period, so anyone can use the chinese theatre image without having to pay anyone or get any permission.

It's only when you get on to names that intellectual property gets involved, which is why Disney never ever refers to it as the Chinese theatre, only as 'The Great Movie Ride'.
They've referred to it as "the Chinese Theatre" before, but they DON'T reffer to it as Mann's, Grauman's, or the current name TCL.

You are right about trademarking buildings. That didn't come around till the 70's so I'm taking that it was just speculation.

The important thing is the VIEW IS BACK!

Last edited:

KDM31091

I imagine the roof has gotten very little in the way of paint/cosmetic maintenance/cleaning since the BAH was there. Why would they have bothered? It was pretty much impossible to get a real picture of it anyway.

Now that it's in full view again though, they need to clean it.

Arthur Wellesley

this thread will live in our hearts!
^Exactly this! And we'll have historic anniversary parties every February 25th to commemorate the day when our view of the theater finally returned. This event is too monumental & long awaited to just die away with the BAH's final piece.
But with that all being said...

HAPPY THREAD PAGE # 400 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JWG

We're not done here... there's still what "replaces" the BAH? Concrete? Stage? Flower bed (hahahahaha), combination thereof?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom