Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Cesar R M

I was there in November and all it was was walls.. I remember turning around and walking out.
a week ago I went.. walls.. and construction zones.. everywhere!
DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

note2001

And that's what happens get when a company puts off work and upgrades for a decade.

Now imagine if you will the parks being their software systems. They lay off 500 IT folk, and believe over the next decade they'll save millions, maybe more by using cheap labor.
2024 comes along and everything needs to be rebuilt. But that never happens in the real world...

Cesar R M

And that's what happens get when a company puts off work and upgrades for a decade.

Now imagine if you will the parks being their software systems. They lay off 500 IT folk, and believe over the next decade they'll save millions, maybe more by using cheap labor.
2024 comes along and everything needs to be rebuilt. But that never happens in the real world...
I wouldn't be surprised if they start to outsource their IT to India.
Then complain like idiots in the future, when their systems are hacked in 15 minutes and all their credit cards are stolen ( a la Sony and Target).

*edit fixed typoos*

Last edited:

Kman101

Exactly, we get a ton of walls when the parks go a decade without true investment. I know it's annoying but I never get the complaining about the walls. It's a sign that work is being done and it should be celebrated. I know they're intrusive but they can't exactly do work without walls up. The real problem to me with the walls is that they need to go all in and pony up the money to work round the clock on things to get it done as fast as possible.

Goofyernmost

While I agree, I mean, look at the theater. It needs work done to it. Period. It's not just looking for a problem, at least IMO. Is it the worst thing in the world? No. Am I just simply thrilled to see that view again? You betcha, but it doesn't mean I don't want to see the theater exterior be refurbished.
I understand your concern and I share it to an extent. I also know that based on the track record of the last few years we might all have reason to be concerned, however, this is a legitimate wait and see situation. There would be no sense in doing anything until that mess out front is gone. Construction and new paint combined with a bottle neck that currently exists around the building would be dumb thing to do right now. After the front area is cleared out and they can maneuver scaffolding and equipment without causing even more congestion should be the time that they get it in gear and take care of that.

Now why it wasn't addressed a couple of years ago... well, that is yet another discussion. Probably because no one could see it because of the Big Ugly blue thing blocking it. Hopefully, that attitude has been banished in favor of better upkeep.

On a separate note, I still think that most of you guys are not giving enough credit to TMC and it's demand, as to why all this is happening and even perhaps how much cash is being pushed for these changes. I think that Disney would have kept it as it was forever.

Goofyernmost

I think somebody earlier in the thread said that it was because the ground there was too soft to hold it.
If we in the middle of the country that argument might be solid, however, the entire resort is basically floating on water just a few feet below the ground level. I'm sure that they had to drive some supports even where it has stood for 14 years.

Seth7721

I don't know if anyone else has noted this yet, but in the Disney app where you book fastPass, the hat has been removed. They replaced it with the tower of terror. I wonder if that's the new icon for the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom