Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
If they've just been sitting there for years, they likely will need mechanical work at the very least.

Has there been any signage or electrical mechanical work permits filed for the GMR. That might be an indicator. I know there is some construction going on in front of the ride so maby there mixed in with those? Just a thought. I would think of its switching out a bulb or something there would be no permit but like you said if they have been sitting they will need more work than that

Brad Bishop

from what I've heard, you may not have to wait on that .. The LaL monoliths are quite the traffic congestion creators these days.. There have been things circulated suggesting the stainless/etched panels could be remove and tastefully displayed along the walls of the open corridors currently displaying the Epcot 25th information, and then redoing the entryway plaza with some classic prismatic effects :)

I hope so. They really are situated in such a way as to impair foot traffic. You have to either go right down the middle, entering or leaving - it doesn't matter, or go way off to the sides. If you try to go in-between them then there is a lot of back-tracking/zig-zagging. It's a bit like going against cars parked diagonally in a parking lot but you're going against the herringbone pattern instead of with it.

Seabasealpha1

from what I've heard, you may not have to wait on that .. The LaL monoliths are quite the traffic congestion creators these days.. There have been things circulated suggesting the stainless/etched panels could be remove and tastefully displayed along the walls of the open corridors currently displaying the Epcot 25th information, and then redoing the entryway plaza with some classic prismatic effects :)
If ya know anything...feel free to contribute...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...the-leave-a-legacy-monoliths-at-epcot.894675/

Expo_Seeker40

MOARRRRR DESTRUCTION
image.jpg

BrerJon

Still no sign of spires though, despite that permit. I really hope this is just because it's going to be the same crew.

They waited over a decade to take down the hat because they didn't have the money, I really hope it's not going to take another decade for them to get the funds for the spires, then all the kids can moan they're ruining their beloved shoebox by adding spires to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom