Is the Animal Kingdom considered the least popular park?

Jessie1991

Original Poster
Not wishing to offend anyone. Just interested in it's footfall and general popularity compared to the other 3 parks.

I went the year it opened and was very underwhelmed. I left it a few years and went back (in case I was just having a bad day the first time) and still was quite "meh" about it.

Don't get me wrong - Disney's worst park is still better than anything we have in England but I must say I have no intention of a re-visit any time soon. Would rather spend more time in other 3 and dare I say it *whispers* Universal (sorry!)

Is this a general feeling or is it just me and my family/friends? We all love animals so it's certainly not that which puts us off. I can't put my finger on why it doesn't have the same appeal as the rest of Disney.

Would love to hear a different view :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When you look at attendance figures AK beats DHS, but only just barely. AK is not the typical theme park where you run from attraction to attraction and because of this most theme park fans find it a tad boring. AK needs to be taken at a slower pace. You need to explore and find the hidden nooks and crannies. If all you do is check of attractions on a to do list you will miss much of what AK has to offer.

Jessie1991

Original Poster
Thanks all. No, I went both on and off season so seen it in both enviroments.

I'm not obsessed by rides and am quite happy to stroll around but just seems me and everyone I personally know aren't feeling the love.

HS is my favourite so what do I know? :)

Britt

Thanks all. No, I went both on and off season so seen it in both enviroments.

I'm not obsessed by rides and am quite happy to stroll around but just seems me and everyone I personally know aren't feeling the love.

HS is my favourite so what do I know? :)
See, right there you've admitted you're 1/2 crazy ;)

There are lots who agree with you! I've seen it a lot on here and was always taken aback because I love it so much!

Lots think I'm nuts for disliking DHS! Haha

AndyS2992

Animal Kingdom is definitely my least favourite theme park in the Orlando area. Not really much there, too big and is in definite need of something new .We usually go for two week vacations and usually only go to Animal Kingdom once. Whereas we go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot about four times each.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Animal Kingdom is definitely may least favourite theme park in the Orlando area. Not really much there, too big and is in definite need of something new .We usually go for two week vacations and usually only go to Animal Kingdom once. Whereas we go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot about four times each.
Its too big, but has not much there? Are you sure you have been to DAK?

AndyS2992

Its too big, but has not much there? Are you sure you have been to DAK?

What I meant is there is waaay too much walking between attractions. The amount of rides there is very limited compared to the size of the park. Of course I love Everest, Kali, Kilamonjaro Safari and Dinosaur but that is really all that is there. Just lots of empty (well landscaped) space. Plus it always seems really hot and crowded, then again I do go in August. I'm not saying the park is bad as I love all WDW parks, it's just my least favourite.

powlessfamily4

I enjoy AK, however I find myself more and more being satisfied visiting it about every other trip. I like the attraction and enjoy the detail, I just don't feel the need to keep revisiting. I had a friend who went for the first time in September and they were horrified by all the "humidity" in the park. It took all I had not to laugh at her. I wanted to ask her if she was aware she was in Florida.

Susan Savia

Every few years we'll do AK entirely. Walk the paths and see the animals, see the shows and ride the rides. But on off years we tend to go in at opening and run to the Safari and then over to Dinosaur, check out a few stores and head out again. The paths are crowded with people most of the time and they are narrow in areas.

FettFan

Yeah, Animal Kingdom is my least favorite, and if I were to skip it on my next vacation, I wouldn't shed a tear. Disney's Animal Kingdom is just a far-inferior clone of Busch Gardens.

GeoDonJac34

We usually only go to AK for one day. I can't see skipping it because I love Dinosaur, EE, and KS. After a full day we are pretty much content, and don't see the need to go back. I do have to say though that one year we did go back for a few hours, and did not go on any rides, just took a leisurely stroll around the park and we did enjoy that. In a seven day trip though, there usually isn't enough time for a second visit. If i had to pick a least favorite it would probably be DHS.

wiigirl

I love AK, but on the same note.....its not my favorite.
75.gif

bethymouse

I agree w/ the poster that said lots of walking. Besides EPCOT, there is quite a bit of walking between attractions. I enjoy it, but I'm exhausted trying to do it in 1 day. I guess I should spread it out to 2 days next time.;)

MagicMike

AK is really a beautiful park in terms of landscaping, attention to detail, and theming.

However, if they had built the park to its full original concept, we definitely wouldn't be having this discussion.

For me, it's difficult to "compare" the Disney parks. They are unique and amazing in their own way, each bringing something different to the table.

WDW 3

I know we are among the few that consider EPCOT our least favorite park.
We will spend a full day and then some at both HS, AK and of course MK.
We hop around going to one park during the day and then another after dark.
The park hours were just updated and we are excited to see that they have AK staying open until 6:00 & 7:00 PM a couple nights during our trip.
We love the parks after dark:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom