Is that a character?! Quick, run the other way! A Nov/Dec Trip Report!

Welcome to my trip report – thanks in advance for taking time to read!

Now that the holidays have wrapped and we’re back to “normal” life, I thought it was about time I stopped reading about everyone else’s trip and get rolling on my report! I had so much fun writing my first report last spring that I decided to take another crack at it (I’ve linked my first report to my signature if you’re interested). Thanks for joining me on this adventure!

The Cast & StatsThe trip included me (Mike), DW (Chrissy) and DD (Addie). Addie turned two a couple weeks before we left, so this was her official “2nd Birthday Trip”!

Trip Dates: November 29 – December 6, 2011

Resort: Boardwalk Villas

Chrissy and I are both HUGE Disney fans. We were engaged in the Rose Garden at Cinderella castle in March 2002 (almost 10 years…yikes!) and spent our honeymoon in WDW and aboard the Disney Magic in October 2003. Since then, we’ve visited at least once or twice a year. The only trip that we ever had to be “postponed” was a holiday trip we had planned for December 2009 (I was going to sing in the Candlelight Processional!). We had it all booked and a couple weeks later found out that Chrissy was pregnant and our little princess was due in November. So, we decided to postpone until June 2010 and take her on her first Disney adventure when she was 7 months old. We had an incredible trip but decided to wait until she was two to take her again. There was no way we could wait that long to return, so last March the two of us had a little getaway in the world to satisfy us until this trip! (my trip report from that adventure is posted below!) Although we were really excited to take her back now that she was older, we were also very nervous about the “terrible two’s” rearing their ugly head!

Photo0034FourBySix.jpg

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
We hopped in line for TSM and were happy to see the FP line was moving quickly. Before we knew it, we were in the loading area. Addie immediately found the pull cord for the “gun” on the car and was ready to play. She was doing great on the ride, laughing and trying to pull the cord; until we reached the scene where the game blows puffs of air at you (I think they’re darts or something?). Anyway, that kind of freaked her out and the hands were over the eyes the rest of the time. Maybe next time!

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0919.jpg

After TSM, we decided it was time to head back and chill for a bit. The weather was absolutely beautiful! Definitely the warmest it had been all week, but still very comfortable with a nice breeze.

DSC_0923.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

Had to laugh...these are old friends of ours from home! They had this picture taken on a trip last spring and it ended up being used in the DHS display!

DSC_0927.jpg

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
We took a nice slow walk back to the BW and enjoyed the scenery. We got back and let Addie play and watch a video while we cleaned up. Around 4:00 we walked down to the bus stop to grab a ride to DTD for the evening. While we were waiting, we struck up a conversation with a large family with kids around Addie’s age. Through the conversation, we found out that they live very close to us and that we were all on the same flight down on Tuesday! After about 30 minutes, the bus finally arrived and was PACKED.

DSC_0938.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

Patiently waiting for the bus

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

I see a bus!

After about 30 minutes, the bus finally arrived and was PACKED. It was an uncomfortable ride but thankfully wasn’t all that long. Like we always do on vacation, we had lost track of what day it was….on the bus ride it hit us that it was Friday and we were going to DTD on a Friday night a few weeks before Christmas. Were we nuts! Knowing it was probably going to be packed, we started coming up with a plan of attack for the evening.

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
Our first stop was to Days of Christmas for our traditional ornament shopping spree (as if we need more!). The store was out of control and that’s a hard store to navigate on a good day. When we finished shopping, Chrissy took Addie outside and I got in an endless line at the personalization counter. We wanted to get a birthday ornament for Addie and had a couple others to have dated, etc. I finally got to the front – the cast member was incredibly friendly, but also incredibly chatty. I wasn’t in the mood for small talk – just write up my order and get me out of here! I opted to have everything shipped home rather than deal with it on the plane and she informed me that it would arrive on or around December 22nd! What?! It was December 2!! Luckily, everything arrived within a few days of us getting home.

DSC_0946.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0953.jpg

Upon the suggestion of the great champagne afficianado, Hollybelle, I was off to the home/kitchen store one the hunt for a bottle of Fairytale Cuvee – I thought we could use it to toast the New Year in a couple weeks! Alas, they had sold out….maybe next time. We took Addie to Once Upon a Toy where she had fun playing with the Mr. Potato Head parts (although wasn’t really sure what to DO with them!) and took us for several laps through the Princess department. Santa was bringing her a kitchen and we were excited to find a play set of WDW snack food! It had a box of fries, soda, turkey leg, Mickey rice crispie treat, etc. We decided that would be the perfect addition to the kitchen and picked it up (I loved that Santa could shop while she was around – I’m sure this was the last year for that!).

DSC_0958.jpg

DSC_0964.jpg

Making a mental list for Santa

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
DSC_0954.jpg

We walked down to World of Disney and instantly knew it was a mistake – that place looked worse than Best Buy on Black Friday! We only survived for about 15 minutes before we were tired of getting pushed and were worried that someone was going to trample Addie, so we quickly headed out and over to Basin. By this time, we were knocking on the door of dinnertime and were all feeling it. Earl of Sandwich was on deck that night but, like the entire Marketplace, was completely swamped. We decided to get our food “to go” and eat back in the room. Chrissy continued on with Addie while I ordered and waited for our food. Chrissy ordered the Ham & Swiss and I got the Hawaiian BBQ. Addie declared she wanted mac & cheese so we would just fix hers in the room. I grabbed our order and caught up with the girls at Art of Disney – my favorite store!

Back in September, Chrissy had a conference in Disney, so I was left at home with Addie and the boys. Since she’s such an awesome wife (and also felt slightly guilty) she bought me a Sorcerer Mickey “big fig” while she was there and had it shipped home. Unfortunately, it arrived damaged…as did the two replacements they sent! I finally shipped it back, got a refund and vowed to find something else when we were back. I had struck out at EPCOT and wasn’t holding out hope that the DTD location would have anything better. I walked in and found Chrissy standing there with a big grin on her face. She said “I found it”! I thought she was referring to a cool print that she was standing near and I leaned in to see a $3000 price tag! She laughed and said “walk away honey – that’s not it!” and pointed towards a print in the corner – it was perfect! I immediately decided that’s what I wanted, but the store was slammed and our food wasn’t getting any warmer. I decided to come back the next day to make the purchase and we were off to the bus stop.

Unfortunately, the bus to BW was pulling away so we waited. And waited. And waited! Finally a bus arrived and it was packed. I was grateful that a nice young couple gave up their seats for us – I was holding Addie and Chrissy had the stroller and bags. Whoever you were….thank you!

Now, in my report from Thursday, I mentioned the lady in EPCOT who had tossed her cookies and the fact that it wasn’t our only puke encounter on this trip. Well, here we go….we picked up a family at the West Side bus stop (dad, mom and two young kids). It was instantly obvious that the mom didn’t feel well and the dad was hauling a monster stroller, a bunch of bags and two little girls who had been to BBB and were in big dresses. This was a newer bus where the front seats face each other and they sat down directly across from us. The mom looked awful (still not sure why they didn’t look for a first aid station or something) and was holding her stomach and moaning loudly. The dad was trying to keep the girls settled, hold on to his stuff and take care of her. We hit every red light from that bus stop to the resorts, so the ride was taking forever. She was getting louder and louder with her moaning and making everyone very uneasy. People were asking if there was anything they could do to help and dad kept saying “we’re ok”. Why she didn’t have a bag is beyond me, but the next thing we knew, she was getting sick all over the floor. People were jumping out of the way and scrambling to get their things off the floor and out of the way. It was one of those moment that, on one hand, you feel SO sorry for all of them, but on the other hand you can’t help but think “get me the hell off this bus!”.

Thankfully, within a few moments we were pulling up at the Swan. We’d never been to this stop first, but realized that our room was just across the bridge, so we jumped off and decided to walk. Addie had fallen asleep on my shoulder so I carried her back. It was a nice short walk over the bridge and up to our room. She woke up and we all ate. The sandwiches, even though they were slightly cold, were still delicious. That place never disappoints! Addie was exhausted, so she had a quick bath and was sound asleep. We took our dessert out on the balcony and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Other than the lunchtime meltdown, it had been a great day! We were really excited for Saturday – lunch with the princesses. So, we turned in and crossed our fingers that tomorrow would go smoothly!

As a little preview…the subtitle for Saturday’s report is “When life (or your toddler) hands you lemons, Disney hands you a couple very magic moments!” :brick: :lol:

PolynesianPrincess

Sounds like a great day! Good for Addie! I'm sure it's super hard being at that age and trying to handle Disney. I can barely handle it all and I'm 29!!! lol

That's awesome you got picked for the little show on Sunset. Too funny.

Love the pictures of you guys from the photopass at Epcot!!! :)

angieandtrevor

Awesome trip report, I am thoroughly enjoying it and Little Miss Addie is absolutely adorable !!! We are planning to take our son (who will be 2 at the time) for his 1st Disney trip so this report has been great to read....I am writing myself a little cheat sheet to take with me :)

olinecoach61

Awesome report!

I'm really enjoying this report! Nice job, we are bringing our soon to be 3 year old in July so we share a lot of the same concerns about how she will react to wdw. Keep it up!

joanna71985

Loving the TR so far! You have a great way with words :)

Determined to have at least one more successful character interaction, we found Tink on our way through Adventureland. Addie is a HUGE Tink fan, having watched her movies over and over (and over, and over, etc.) so we thought we’d be safe. After a 20 minute wait in line jabbering about Tinkerbell, it was finally our turn. The cast member came around the corner and said “Right this way” and Addie started to cry! The cast member instantly pulled some glitter out of her pocket and said she had pixie dust for Addie and sprinkled it over her, but it was not meant to be. Addie refused to look at Vidia (yeah, I know the fairy names!) or Tink, but we decided to have some pictures taken anyway. We tried to tell Addie that Tinkerbell was sad because she wanted to see her pretty face, but she wasn’t having it. As we were putting Addie back in her stroller outside the meet & greet room, she turned around and said “Bye bye – Tink sad!” In this epic battle of Addie and the characters, she was wiping the floor with the competition! So far only Tiana (and Princesses-at-a-distance) had prevailed!

I'm sorry, but all the character stories are making me laugh! :eek:

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
Sounds like a great day! Good for Addie! I'm sure it's super hard being at that age and trying to handle Disney. I can barely handle it all and I'm 29!!! lol

That's awesome you got picked for the little show on Sunset. Too funny.

Love the pictures of you guys from the photopass at Epcot!!! :)

Thanks! Yeah, I think we underestimated just how overwhelming it would be for her....overall she did great and was a real trooper. We were disappointed about the characters at first, but after a couple days we just laughed it off!

The show on Sunset was a blast - we've watched dozens of them over the years but have never been able to participate. The cast members were a riot and the whole show was a blast. Paige Turner cracks me up...there was no question who I should pick!

Thanks for reading!

Awesome trip report, I am thoroughly enjoying it and Little Miss Addie is absolutely adorable !!! We are planning to take our son (who will be 2 at the time) for his 1st Disney trip so this report has been great to read....I am writing myself a little cheat sheet to take with me :)

Thanks so much! Yeah....I'm rather biased, but she's pretty darn cute! :ROFLOL:

Your son will have a blast - we took Addie when she was 7 months and it was much easier than this time! haha! I think the main thing we screwed up was our overall daily schedule. Part of it was due to the fact that I made all of our ADR's back in June and, at this age, their schedules change so quickly that our times didn't match up by the time the trip rolled around. If I had it to do over, I think I'd skip making any lunch ADR's and head back to the room earlier for naps. Would have saved us a lot of headaches! The last few days of the trip we did that and things improved greatly. It also helped that she had her toys/dvd's back at the room so, when we were there, she had her "stuff". That helped her have "chill out" time. Meals were probably the most difficult thing to deal with - she's not a super picky eater but wasn't too keen on most of the stuff we had down there. We always packed a lot of snacks when we left the room (grapes, cheerios, cereal bars, etc) so at least she'd eat something! We had a villa with a kitchen, so that was really helpful. Ordered Easy Mac through the grocery place and 9 times out of 10, she was happier eating that in the room!

Have a great trip!!

I'm really enjoying this report! Nice job, we are bringing our soon to be 3 year old in July so we share a lot of the same concerns about how she will react to wdw. Keep it up!

Thanks so much! These are always fun to write....I laugh out loud reading my notes sometimes because I had already forgotten a lot of the little stuff! My reporting on our day at EPCOT was a little skimpy - I tried writing it the other day when I was home sick and don't think I really put much into it!
:ROFLOL: I guess we all have our off-days! Glad you're enjoying it!

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
Loving the TR so far! You have a great way with words :)

I'm sorry, but all the character stories are making me laugh! :eek:

Thanks a lot - glad you're enjoying it! It's been a lot of fun to write!! Glad the stories are making you laugh - after a couple days down there, we just had to laugh them off too! I think we went down there with this perfect "Disney commercial" picture in our mind of how she'd be with the characters - obviously that was not the case! Hoping that by our trip this fall she has turned a corner. We walked past SO MANY great character ops (I've left most of them out of the report so far - perhaps I should have kept a tally!). We joke now that, the next time, she'll be all about the characters and we won't find any!! :ROFLOL:

HopLow

Now, we’ve been VERY lucky parents in that, up until this trip, we could probably count the number of meltdown/tantrums thrown by Addie on one hand, and that includes Thanksgiving. And those few that had occurred had never been in public. So, to say, as parents, we were unprepared at how best to deal with this would be an understatement. Not wanting her to make a scene or ruin lunch for those around us, I scooped her up and headed outside and she lost it. It took me a good 15 minutes to get her to settle down and, standing in the middle of DHS, it felt like hours. When she was finally under control, we went back inside to find that our food had arrived. I was sweating, frustrated and had a screaming headache. As soon as I put her down in her chair, she smiled and said “Yum Daddy…pizza!” ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! All I could do was laugh! We enjoyed a fantastic lunch – the pizza was incredible (needless to say – there were no pictures!). We always have a great meal at Mama Melrose and hope next time there will be a bit less drama!

That's hilarious!! :ROFLOL: I actually did laugh out loud when reading that part. Don't you know that it's her job as your daughter to give you gray hairs???

Paige Turner is my favorite Citizen too! She's always on point and quick with her zingers. I could watch those shows all day.

Anyway, loving the TR and Addie is just the cutest thing ever! I can imagine how different it is visiting as an adult and then going back again later with your child. It must be amazing to see her take it all in. Maybe by the next trip you will actually be able to get some character pics?

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
That's hilarious!! :ROFLOL: I actually did laugh out loud when reading that part. Don't you know that it's her job as your daughter to give you gray hairs???

Paige Turner is my favorite Citizen too! She's always on point and quick with her zingers. I could watch those shows all day.

Anyway, loving the TR and Addie is just the cutest thing ever! I can imagine how different it is visiting as an adult and then going back again later with your child. It must be amazing to see her take it all in. Maybe by the next trip you will actually be able to get some character pics?

Thanks! I think she's pretty cute and now she talks non-stop which is even better! Definitely a huge change going back with a kid after so many trips "just us". It's different, but in a good way. The thing we really miss most is the number of major rides/attractions we used to tackle on a trip. Neither of us really likes flying solo on the rides, so rarely take advantage of rider swap. That was part of the reason we took our little getaway trip last March (from the report posted below) - we just needed a chance to catch up! The nice thing is that, as DVC members, we know we'll always be back at least once a year, so we don't feel cheated!

Paige Turner - one of my ALL TIME favorites!

Glad our antics can give you a laugh! I wasn't laughing much at the time, but I do now as I'm writing this report. If you liked our Mama Melrose episode, you'll love the one coming up in my next post! :ROFLOL:

woodardfamily

Great trip report! Reminds me do much of our trip a couple of years ago with our children. When the meltdowns happen I am like you, I want to do all I can to not ruin anything else for others around me. Sometimes all you can do is let them get it all out and then they are fine. Thank again for the TR.

snookie5605

i absolutely love your trip report so far! its nice to read about someone who took their daughter there around the same age we are planning on taking ours. i refuse to take her until shes a little older, so her first trip will be in march of 2014 for her 3rd birthday! (and my 30th.....ewwww!) but anyway. its also awesome to hear that you have a child that sleeps! mine doesnt and thats just wonderful for a first time parent! lol, she will be one in march so im hoping it gets better with time! but she has also been teething since she was two months old and has 8 teeth already so that may be the problem!

6laurac

Wonderful trip report and a quick question too!

Your trip report is terrific for us parents with small kids.We are taking our DD when she's almost three so your trip is giving me some great tips too.

My quick question is: in one of your pics you have a "First trip to Disney World" sippy cup. Did you purchase this at the park or online? I'd love to get one for my daughter's first trip.

Thanks again for sharing.:)

snookie5605

Your trip report is terrific for us parents with small kids.We are taking our DD when she's almost three so your trip is giving me some great tips too.

My quick question is: in one of your pics you have a "First trip to Disney World" sippy cup. Did you purchase this at the park or online? I'd love to get one for my daughter's first trip.

id like to know where you got that too. i noticed it and thought it was cute!

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
Great trip report! Reminds me do much of our trip a couple of years ago with our children. When the meltdowns happen I am like you, I want to do all I can to not ruin anything else for others around me. Sometimes all you can do is let them get it all out and then they are fine. Thank again for the TR.

We certainly got a lesson in tantrum control down there! Thanfully, we have not had ONE since we got back! I do think a lot of it was schedule and overstimulation! :ROFLOL:

Glad you're enjoying the report...thanks!

i absolutely love your trip report so far! its nice to read about someone who took their daughter there around the same age we are planning on taking ours. i refuse to take her until shes a little older, so her first trip will be in march of 2014 for her 3rd birthday! (and my 30th.....ewwww!) but anyway. its also awesome to hear that you have a child that sleeps! mine doesnt and thats just wonderful for a first time parent! lol, she will be one in march so im hoping it gets better with time! but she has also been teething since she was two months old and has 8 teeth already so that may be the problem!

Addie's first trip was at 7 months - we hadn't planned on going that early but did anyway! Three will be a perfect age - she'll love it! Addie will go back this fall right before she turns three (taking advantage of one more trip while she's free!). Sorry to hear you don't have a sleeper - we have been so lucky. A friend recommended a book to us that was great - we followed it to a "t" and it worked like a charm It's called "The Baby Sleep Solution" - you can find it on Amazon. We recommend it/buy it for all of our friends! :ROFLOL: Addie started teething early as well and had a really hard time - she'd get really high fevers and you could tell she was in a lot of pain. Oddly enough, she never drooled! Good luck!!

Glad you're enjoying it! We learned A LOT on this trip (and on her first trip as a baby). I actually picked up tons of tips from these boards!

The cup - I think I forgot to mention that in the report! We bought that at Mouse Gears in EPCOT on our very first day. When we were at that DVC event the day we arrived, I realized I forgot her sippy back in the room. We didn't want to go back, so we found that one at Mouse Gear. The "My First Trip" cup was the only regular sippy they had! It wasn't really her first trip, but such is life. We renamed it the "My first Disney World sippy cup" cup!

id like to know where you got that too. i noticed it and thought it was cute!

See above! Mouse Gear in EPCOT (although I'm sure they have them around the park!)

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
Day Five – Saturday, December 3

Aka: “When life (or your toddler) hands you lemons, Disney hands you a couple very magical moments!”

We enjoyed another full night of sleep and all woke up around 7:30. Our plan for the morning was to take things slow and keep Addie happy – today we had lunch with the Princesses! Back in June, when I first made our ADR’s, there was absolutely no interest in any princess. Mickey, Minnie and Pooh were Addie’s focus, so I had made ADR’s for breakfast at Cape May (you all know how THAT turned out!) and dinner at Crystal Palace on our last night (ended up cancelling that one for obvious reasons!). Well, sometime this fall, the magic of Disney flipped a switch in my little girl and all focus fell to the princesses! Wishing I had made a reservation at the castle, I jumped online and started checking around. After almost 4 weeks of searching, a Noon reservation became available at Cinderella’s Royal Table on Saturday, December 3 and I snatched it up. Those of you who have dined with the princesses before know just how expensive that lunch is and that it is paid in advance with a 24 hour cancellation policy. In the madness of our Friday at DHS, I had allowed the 24 hour window lapse – it wasn’t until later that night, while sitting on the balcony, did it hit me that now it was “lunch or bust”! We both were convinced that it was money out the window, assuming Addie would never be that close to characters, but vowed to do our best to make it happen! So….back to Saturday morning…

Chrissy was starting to get out some breakfast items for a quick meal in the room when Addie declared “I eat waffles!” Um….ok! Since we had no waffles lying around the room, and no time to get dressed and search for breakfast, we decided to treat Addie to her very first order from room service! At about $12 for two little Mickey waffles, she was already getting the royal treatment, and we weren’t even to lunch yet!

DSC_0967.jpg

Room service!

After breakfast, we all got dressed and were on our way. Rather than take the bus to MK, we decided to walk through EPCOT and journey by monorail. We make a quick trip through Mouse Gears on our way to the front of the park and were off to the monorail. It arrived about 5 minutes later and Addie was in awe. We realized that this was our first monorail ride of the trip! When we arrived at TTC, the lines for both MK monorails were incredibly long, so we chose to take the ferry. The ride was crowded, but very nice. The weather was gorgeous and we were happy to relax and enjoy the ride. Before we knew it, we were docking.

Now, during the planning of this trip, I was very aware that the parade filming was going to be taking place on that Saturday. However, I failed to remember that when I grabbed our reservation for CRT on the same day! Needless to say, the park was crazy. There were people everywhere and cast members routing you pretty much everywhere but the direction you wanted to go! We were able to squeeze through the crowd in front of the train station and around guest services to the Emporium. Surprisingly, the shops were pretty quiet so we cut a path through all the tempting merchandise to the end of Main Street. We exited through the back of Casey’s and took advantage of the location for a quick pit stop at the baby care center. By the time we made our way to Liberty Square and up the back path to Fantasyland, it was time to check in at CRT.

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
I jumped in line when Chrissy parked the stroller. We were checked in and immediately ushered into the castle. It had been years since either of us had dined at the castle and we forgot that Cinderella greeted guests just inside the door – and today she was joined by the Fairy Godmother! The line was pretty long, so we knew we’d have a 10-15 minute wait with the characters in plain sight. Addie spotted the characters right away and became visibly nervous. We did our best to distract her with other things in the room in hopes that she wouldn’t have time to work herself up into a “go bye bye” mood! Her eyes were as big as saucers and she was very quiet and very focused on what was coming. When we turned the corner in the queue and were in the home stretch, I could feel her grip tightening on my shirt. Finally it was our turn and Addie was staring at the floor and being very shy, but no tears and no hands over the eyes. So far, so good.

Cinderella was AWESOME – she kept walking behind me to look Addie in the face and was being very sweet. Finally, after a minute or two of coaxing, she got a smile out of Addie! As soon as she broke through the ice, Addie was in love – she started talking to Cinderella, telling her that her name was Addie Rose, she was two, etc. etc. She ended up giving both Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother hugs and kisses and the photographer got a great picture of all of us! We were both SO appreciative for their patience and persistence!!

scan00032.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

As we were walking up the stairs Addie just kept saying “I see Rella…I see Rella!” and blowing kisses. We made it upstairs and were seated for lunch. Our server brought Addie a magic wand and a wishing star which were both instant hits.

DSC_0003.jpg

A magic wand!

DisneyFan1003

Original Poster
He took our orders – Chrissy ordered the fried chicken with macaroni and cheese and I decided on the pork three ways served over spoon bread with an andoulle etouffee sauce. Addie’s meal came with buttered noodles. We made sure to order drinks with NO STRAWS and had brought Addie’s milk in a sippy cup – we were not making the same mistake as yesterday! Shortly after our meals arrived, they began announcing the arrival of the princesses.

DSC_0981.jpg

Noodles!

Snow White was first, followed by Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine and Belle. Much to Addie’s dismay, it was Blue Belle (in her peasant dress) rather than Yellow Belle – can’t win them all! She was a bit nervous when they first started coming out, but I think a lot of that had to do with all the music and cheering. Within about 10 minutes, Snow White arrived at our table and Addie was hooked! She yelled “Snow White!” really loud and instantly leaned in for a hug. She was great with Aurora and Belle too! A bit unsure about Jasmine, but she had never really watched Aladdin, so I don’t think she really recognized her. All of the princesses were great with her and wished her a happy birthday.

My only complaint was that we were seated at a table more in the middle of the restaurant so there was no real method to when they stopped at our table. We would all be eating and thinking they were heading one way and, as soon as we had a mouth full of food, someone would turn around and be at our table! This didn’t really give us time to get Addie out of her highchair, so all of her pictures/greetings were seated. In retrospect, it was probably better – might have had something to do with her not feeling so intimidated! Neither of us really cared…she was having fun and getting into it, so we were thrilled! Not sure why her tongue was out in most of the pics!

DSC_0985.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

DSC_1001.jpg

DSC_1003.jpg

Waiting for Belle

DSC_1004.jpg

DSC_1007.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom