Is Thanksgiving Day Complete Insanity at the MK?

CaptainJackNO

When I was there in 2011 we went early to the MK and it wasn't too bad, but we left around noon for lunch and didn't return until around 5. I would compare it to a busy summer day.

I have been twice in the last 3 years for Thanksgiving, and numerous times for Summer. Thanksgiving is far worse thsn a summer day. Its very much like Christmas. Insane and crowded on a whole other level. There's a reason its more expensive than summer, far greater demand.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Like I said, to me the morning was't that bad but I wasn't there after noon. Perhaps we have different tolerance levels. Oh well.

wdwmomof3

I will soon find out. Normally I would have avoided MK that day and just gone to Epcot but my Dd will be in the parade for All American Cheer! I can tell you that with lots of families going to watch their girls in this, it will be crowded!

riverscu0m0

I've gone the past few years, the whole week is usually pretty crowded. If you go in August usually though these crowds are NOTHING.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Well I'm going to find out in 2 weeks...Although we are fully planning to go in early do our early afternoon liberty tree reservations and then get out of dodge for quite a while, go back to the resort or something...might head back later in the evening.

wishes2013

We went to Mk on Thanksgiving day a few years ago and I didn't think it was that bad. I was really impressed with the way all the cms were managing the crowds, we saw many upper level management people out and about too. I wouldn't worry about it too much, just go in with an open mind and enjoy your time!

Sphinx610

We went to AK thanksgiving 2012 an that was busy but doable. But we did MK Fri and were riding headliners in the afternoon. I didn't find it to be too bad.

willtravel

Being that I've been going to the World since the mid-70's as a kid (and have never stopped going) I should know better than to even ask this. Our holiday trip is typically the first weekend in December, so I have never actually been there on Thanksgiving Day. We do not have a holiday trip planned this year and the wife was asking me the chances of possibly throwing together a last-minute Thanksgiving Day trip since we only live 2-1/2 hours away. To me this sounds like bad news, but at the same time, having never been at any WDW park on a major holiday, it is also a bit intriguing. Thoughts? Run the other way? Go for it if I can even get a room anywhere?
Are you just going for a night? Few days? It sounds like you are just going for a day?

danpam1024

went in 2011 for Thanksgiving day to Epcot- moderate crowds, nothing unmanageable. The rest of the trip was practically dead- stayed for 9 days. Avoided MK on the days they taped the Christmas parade- BEYOND CRAZY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom