Is San Angel Open?

elizs77

It's open! I've been trying to make a last minute ressie for Le Cellier, and I keep getting San Angel Inn as an alternate.

Mrs.Toad

Just got back from Disney two days ago and I ate at San Angel Thursday night. It was packed at 9:00 and drinks, appetizers, main, and even the salsa and chips were excellent. Actually, there were a few food issues that week that we experienced at other table service places and to my surprise San Angel was a stand out.

WDWmazprty

Just got back from Disney two days ago and I ate at San Angel Thursday night. It was packed at 9:00 and drinks, appetizers, main, and even the salsa and chips were excellent. Actually, there were a few food issues that week that we experienced at other table service places and to my surprise San Angel was a stand out.

Coud it be that San Angel has made a turnaround?

Kwit35

Original Poster
Coud it be that San Angel has made a turnaround?

We ate there once and loved it. That was in 2005 though (for my birthday the day before the marathon). We never make reservations and we always get sucked in by the smell. There is always a wait so we never eat there. BUT IT SMELLS SO GOOD!!!! So without telling anyone in my party I made PS's. I was not able to do it a few days ago, but got in today. So when we ride the ride there and everyone starts saying, 'OMG it smells so good, we should see if there is a wait', I will say that it doesn't matter because we have reservations for dinner...HA!

WDWmazprty

We ate there once and loved it. That was in 2005 though (for my birthday the day before the marathon). We never make reservations and we always get sucked in by the smell. There is always a wait so we never eat there. BUT IT SMELLS SO GOOD!!!! So without telling anyone in my party I made PS's. I was not able to do it a few days ago, but got in today. So when we ride the ride there and everyone starts saying, 'OMG it smells so good, we should see if there is a wait', I will say that it doesn't matter because we have reservations for dinner...HA!

That should be a nice surprise for everyone.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was a different restaurant in 2005. Quality has seriously slipped in the last few years. We ate there last in December of 2008 and it was fair at best. Not even on par with your typical Mexican restaurant at your local strip mall.

And bangers and mash are what again?
Sausage and mashed potatoes.:slurp:

Mrs.Toad

When I went Thursday, we ordered margaritas with tequila, and two other liquors. I can't remember what they were now because the menu had other maragarita choices. The waiter was very nice and actually he asked if we'd like a better tequila than what was listed. When we got the bill we thought we'd be charged for the upgrade but were surprised to find we weren't.

They were delicious!

The waiter offered to bring as much chips and salsa as we would like. The salsa was amazing. My boyfriend asked if they had spicier salsa and the waiter came back with the original and the spicier version several times.

For an appetizer we got the tostadas. They were meat, Mexican cheese, and onion. Really good.

I ordered chicken with creme sauce and onion and peppers. The chicken was a huge, juicy, tender piece of all white meat, with a light breading. The sauce was great. My boyfriend got cubes of meat in a spicy tomate paste like sauce. OUr rice was great too.

The food was great and the service was too. And I am picky.

The 50's Cafe is another story...I went there last Tuesday and my god it had to be the worst food I've ever had in my life. And I used to love that place and was greatly disappointed.

Kwit35

Original Poster
When I went Thursday, we ordered margaritas with tequila, and two other liquors. I can't remember what they were now because the menu had other maragarita choices. The waiter was very nice and actually he asked if we'd like a better tequila than what was listed. When we got the bill we thought we'd be charged for the upgrade but were surprised to find we weren't.

They were delicious!

The waiter offered to bring as much chips and salsa as we would like. The salsa was amazing. My boyfriend asked if they had spicier salsa and the waiter came back with the original and the spicier version several times.

For an appetizer we got the tostadas. They were meat, Mexican cheese, and onion. Really good.

I ordered chicken with creme sauce and onion and peppers. The chicken was a huge, juicy, tender piece of all white meat, with a light breading. The sauce was great. My boyfriend got cubes of meat in a spicy tomate paste like sauce. OUr rice was great too.

The food was great and the service was too. And I am picky.

The 50's Cafe is another story...I went there last Tuesday and my god it had to be the worst food I've ever had in my life. And I used to love that place and was greatly disappointed.

MMMMmmmmm, I am starting to get excited!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom