Is Primeval Whirl on the way out?

Moka

I think Dinoland still has a few more years with everything on Disney’s plate right now. They won’t even bother.

Still love Dinosaur though like someone else mentioned.

Shouldigo12

I think Dinoland still has a few more years with everything on Disney’s plate right now. They won’t even bother.

Still love Dinosaur though like someone else mentioned.
Agreed. I could see something happening back in February, but they have bigger fish to fry right now.

cookiee_munster

That indiana Jones/dinoland rumour really was nuts and a shame it just kind of fizzled out. It certainly had me intrigued as to how the whole thing would be implemented.

The rollercoaster originally planned is also intriguing. it looks like a very traditional wooden rollercoaster, but there's not a lot to go by. It would have been interesting how a rollercoaster like that would have been implemented within the land and still fit thematically.

Attachments

• ak dinos 7.jpg
    ak dinos 7.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 47

doctornick

The rollercoaster originally planned is also intriguing. it looks like a very traditional wooden rollercoaster, but there's not a lot to go by. It would have been interesting how a rollercoaster like that would have been implemented within the land and still fit thematically.

The concept for the Excavator roller coaster was the structure would be related to the wood supports you see at dig sites. I’m not sure it was going to actually be made of wood though versus being a steel coaster with fake wood theming (I think that’s what Increadicoaster is like as well)

cjkeating

If they are worried about parts Vekoma (their primary coaster supplier) will help them out. Not only do they handle all the refurbishments on the older Arrow coasters (yes, they are part of the same manufacturing family) but they've also stepped in to assist with Disney's Intamins.

I'm 99% the 'parts' rumours is just a cover for 'we want to save money.'

ridetech939

Does disney buy rides from zamperla?

Good question, because Disney makes suppliers sign non-disclosure agreements it's not always easy to determine who supplied what. With that said I believe they provided the rides listed below. I could be wrong, and some rides could be missing from my list

DCA
Mater's junkyard jamboree
Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
A Bug's Land (various removed rides)

Hollywood Studios
Alien Swirling Saucers

Various Parks
Some of the Dumbo clones (possibly)

Piebald

As good as Mystic Manner is, Ducktales would work just as well with the total theme of the ride. Would be awesome to replace Dinoland with a similar ride using Ducktales, but the ducks are much more famous abroad than in the states.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom