Is Primeval Whirl on the way out?

rangerbob

I love the ride but one time I was inches from getting hit. We were on the straight track going toward the lift hill and in between my feet fell one of the nuts. I have it somewhere still. I reported it as something fell though.

Trackmaster

It is taking up some BIG real estate------
Its a pimple of a ride - - - - - so cheap, uncomfortable, and ugly.
It needs to be torn down for something that IS WDW standard.

One idea that I had was for Disney to build its own carnival either at Disney Springs, near a group of hotels, or in other undeveloped land, and either run it 365 days or seasonally. It could be a good option for families to go to if they wanted to relax and unwind at the end of the night, and get on some different rides that they wouldn't typically have at the theme parks for shorter waits. And they could have livestock, food, games, and typically fair style stuff.

JustAFan

It is taking up some BIG real estate------
Its a pimple of a ride - - - - - so cheap, uncomfortable, and ugly.
It needs to be torn down for something that IS WDW standard.
BIG real estate? Is it? I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like it's that big, especially compared to most other Disney rides. It seems like this one has a smaller footprint than a lot of other attractions.

Hank Hill

One idea that I had was for Disney to build its own carnival either at Disney Springs, near a group of hotels, or in other undeveloped land, and either run it 365 days or seasonally. It could be a good option for families to go to if they wanted to relax and unwind at the end of the night, and get on some different rides that they wouldn't typically have at the theme parks for shorter waits. And they could have livestock, food, games, and typically fair style stuff.
PW is not taking up that big of an area, maybe only about 1/3 of the space of dinosaur, so it is limited on what could go in there. I always thought a giant drop type ride would be good in the space. A comet hitting the earth would keep the Dino theme.

Not sure about a fair with animals though. I do like the boardwalk area, but there really isn't much to do there to draw a bigger crowd, plus that would be bad for the resort guests. I would like to see that concept somewhere else with more space, and that could have some carnival rides and entertainment. Draw some crowds from the parks and DS.

Mrs. Kaz

In the Parks
No
Primeval Whirl is a typical wild mouse type of coaster with quick turns and drops that do have have you sliding from side to side and making your belly turn over from time to time. It is certainly nothing spectacular at all to say to least, but some people seem to enjoy it and others don't. If they do get rid of it and replace it with something that is going to attract more people than I am all for it, but to throw another ride in its spot that isn't going to do much improvement on the previous ride than I say just stay with Primeval Whirl.

NickMaio

BIG real estate? Is it? I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like it's that big, especially compared to most other Disney rides. It seems like this one has a smaller footprint than a lot of other attractions.
Not just the ride...
The WHOLE Chester and Hester area...
Get rid of it. Soooooooo awful and tasteless.
If I wanted to you to a carnival I would not be in WDW.

DrummerBoy

I think it bears remembering that Primeval Whirl is also one of the most dangerous rides in the WDW stable. Cast members have died running it.
2 CMs died by the result of an accident while WORKING on the ride. They weren't riding in it or running it - they were both freak accidents if I remember correctly. I would hardly call it "one of the most dangerous rides in the WDW stable".

Trackmaster

PW is not taking up that big of an area, maybe only about 1/3 of the space of dinosaur, so it is limited on what could go in there. I always thought a giant drop type ride would be good in the space. A comet hitting the earth would keep the Dino theme.

Not sure about a fair with animals though. I do like the boardwalk area, but there really isn't much to do there to draw a bigger crowd, plus that would be bad for the resort guests. I would like to see that concept somewhere else with more space, and that could have some carnival rides and entertainment. Draw some crowds from the parks and DS.

Maybe at a different park, but I don't see Disney doing traditional drop towers outside of the Tower of Terror style. I think it would just be too loud, obnoxious, and scary for the demographic that they're going for. Another big problem is that they bring you high enough that you can see all of their backstage areas, maintenance sheds, and backsides of their ride buildings.

UNCgolf

Maybe at a different park, but I don't see Disney doing traditional drop towers outside of the Tower of Terror style. I think it would just be too loud, obnoxious, and scary for the demographic that they're going for. Another big problem is that they bring you high enough that you can see all of their backstage areas, maintenance sheds, and backsides of their ride buildings.

To be fair, they don't seem to care about that anymore with things like the Skyliner, the Guardians and Tron boxes, the Ratatouille construction...

They're still not going to build a random drop tower, though. At least I really hope not.

mgf

I feel for Imagineering. It is really hard to get kids interested in dinosaurs. A dinosaur themed land was so risky and innovative, and it is a shame that the kids failed to see the ..... wait a second. 🤔

crbrown25

I love PW. Doing 360's AND going up and down hills at the same time? Heck yes! I was disappointed it was closed when i was there over the summer.

The Pho

I love PW. Doing 360's AND going up and down hills at the same time? Heck yes! I was disappointed it was closed when i was there over the summer.
If it does go away, just remember that this layout is the most popular style coaster on the planet. Many parks across the globe have a wild mouse coaster with nearly the exact same layout, some spin, some are wooden, among other differences. 682 of them have been built since 1949. In fact the oldest operating Wild Mouse actually opened the same year as Disneyland. So if Primeval Whirl goes away, check your local park or just pop over to Fun Spot Kissimmee.

JustAFan

Sorry for the bump, but Primeval Whirl is now no longer listed on the park map at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Part of me feels like this whole area doesn't have much time left....
Do you mean the hard copy map? It's on the app.
Screenshot_20200710-161540_Disney World.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom