Is POTC ride really haunted????

MagliteL13

Coming from a former Jungle Skipper (and current Bellhop), I totally believe and know that George is in PotC. Never tell him good morning, always good night (don't want to wake him up too early). I've heard too many stories about him and have a few myself.

We were EVACing once (before the rehab). All Jungle Skippers used to help out/be trained on Pirates EVACs for crowd control, etc... After I was told to head to another EVAC point, I started on my walk around Bombardment Bay and behind the ship. The entire building is covered in water and all the walkways have metal grating or rubber mats on them, so if you're walking along them, you can hear yourself (and others) walk. Walking behind Bombardment Bay, there was definitely someone else following me--but no one to be seen. I turned around and said "George, you're starting to creep me out," in a disgruntled tone and the footsteps behind me stopped completely.

wbboy29

The George stories are def true. I have a former roommate who is a manager of that area of the park and the stories he has told me.........well let's just say I'm totally believe in the George rumor.:lookaroun

Neilo

omg im goin back in 2 weeks u guys have totally creeped me out.
that pic on the haunted mansion,well thats totally creepy.:eek:

have there been any visitors who have heard george or is it just the cm,s.:eek:

Neilo

i was just looking for more info on haunted sites around disney and found this info.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
florida.jpg

In Orlando, Florida, there are plenty of attractions to keep you busy when you have planned a trip to Walt Disney World. You probably have focused on the exciting and fun time you will have at SeaWorld and other Disney entertainment outlets, but there are lesser-known tales surrounding sites, such as EPCOT Center and the Pirates of Caribbean.

Several ghosts can be found at Walt Disney World. At the Spaceship Earth, located at EPCOT Center, you may encounter a small girl with long flowing hair of blonde. She has been spotted riding in a car. Another ghost on the premises is of a young boy, who can be found lingering about the girl. At the Tower of Terror, employees murmur about a ghost that is said to walk about the premises when visitors are not present. When he is spotted, he is usually walking in the wrong direction and does not respond when his name is called. Soon after, he disappears.

Disney�s World is also home to the Pirates of the Caribbean, where the ghost of a worker named George can be encountered. He lost his life when a beam fell on top of him during construction of the area. He has been known to haunt the area. The ghost�s presence has been acknowledged so well that the employees say good morning to him at the start of the day, as well as say good night to him at the end of the workday. If he is not respected, the attraction has been known to shut off on its own. Conflicting stories state that a beam never fell on him, but instead, he lost his balance while working on a part of the attraction and lost his balance. He died as a result of the fall.
[/FONT]

Fantasmic

I belive in George, I don't feel any nastyness in the POTC building. I wonder what he thinks of Cap'n Jack!

That photo of the HM freaked me out though.

Neilo

sorry guys here is some more info for all you believers out there.

Disney's Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista - Haunted Mansion - Hundreds of people visit the Haunted Mansion in Disneyworld every day. In fact, it holds a record for being the most visited Dark ride and Disney Imagineers worked hard using old magician tricks to create these illusions. What they may not have known was that there are now several real ghosts haunting the place.
In the early 1950s Walt Disney and one of his top Imagineers Ken Anderson began working on the idea of a walk through haunted house. The inspiration came from a Disney cartoon about the Headless Horseman. The visitor was to enter a New England style house and follow the story through the attraction until it reached a climax in a graveyard scene.
Anyone who has visited the attraction knows that ideas changed and Disney and Anderson developed a New Orleans style house that the visitor rides through on a "Doombuggy". It does, however, retain the graveyard scene form the original plans.
Construction of the building was put on hold in 1962, but halted in 1966 when Walt Disney died. The designers were in a quandary as Walt had not finished the planning. For a few years the public could see the frame of the building poking over the construction fence. Urban legends surfaced about how the ride was being re-designed because it was so scary that it supposedly caused a man to have a heart attack. The attraction finially opened in 1969.
While the building was built on property that had no previous construction on it, it did manage to attract someone who had died nearby. In the 1940s a man who had been piloting a small plane crashed in a lake near where the park was to be built later. His ghost has settled into the Haunted Mansion. Referred to by Cast Members (employees) as "the man with the cane" he is often seen late at night, especially after closing.
"The man in a tuxedo" is another spirit, though no one really knows who he is. One day an employee was working in the area where passengers disembark. There is a mirror there, so the attendant can see when the riders come up behind her. She kept seeing a shadow in the mirror, and when she turned around no one was there. The figure seemed to be wearing a tuxedo. Then, she felt a chill and a hand placed on her shoulder. Of course, she turned to find no one there. The woman ran out of the Haunted Mansion and soon quit her job.
There is a legend concerning a woman who wanted to scatter her young son's ashes inside the Haunted Mansion, but was forbidden by Disney officials. She snuck the ashes inside and covertly scattered them. Apparently, this was NOT her son's last wish as since she did that people have sometimes seen the apparition of a crying boy sitting near the exit.
Though there have been many stories circulated, only one person ever actually died in the Haunted Mansion. Each year Disneyworld sponsors "Grad Night", which is for high school seniors. Two teenage boys were riding along in a Doombuggy when one of them decided that he wanted to see the room called "Séance Circle" up close.
The young man stepped out on to the black painted walkway that was next to the tracks. What he did not realize was that there was a gap between the walkway and the platform on which the display sat. He stepped off the walkway and plunged fifteen feet to the floor, breaking his neck. "Séance Circle" has been odd since the beginning. A sound designer was setting up equipment in the area before the attraction was open to the public. He kept hearing music coming from behind one of the new walls. He surmised that a radio had been walled up accidentally. After several days the music had never ended and no radio announcer ever came on. The man could never find the source of the sound, so he arranged for a speaker to go in the area and drown it out.
There have been many legends associated with the Haunted Mansion. If you ever visit, keep your eyes open. You may just spot a real ghost!

aeromike

the POTC is haunted, but i'm not sure its the way your saying it, i read on a few sites to make sure it was the same it said in the morning if the cast members don't say hi to George in the morning, he'll continuously make the ride break down during the day. But i am gonna try saying i don't believe in George to give it a try :lookaroun although i do believe in george and ghosts lol. apparently the TOT is haunted by a man wearing a top hat who wonders round there when no one else is supposed to be and he doesn't answer when CM's call for him. I didn't know about the spaceship earth one.

DicksonGR

I love stories of paranormal Disney. I would say I'm a sceptic but i love hearing all the stories.

In just over a weeks time I'll be spending the night (midnight - 6am) in the underground South Bridge Vaults in Edinburgh with about 20 other people. Should be fun! :)

Neilo

i've heard its really badly haunted down there.i had the chance a few years ago while i was up there and i passed it up.i believe in ghosts but i would never wana see one id be frightened to death:eek:
good luck to you but il stick to the disney ones for now,atleast il have mickey and gang to turn to :p

Blackie Pueblo

I find this all very facinating. With so many people over the years that pass through the gates I'm surprised the place doesn't have more "haunted hot spots".

Are these ghosts talked about a lot with the employees and managers, or is it just hear say from one employee to another?

"...it was all started by a mouse."
---Walter Elias Disney

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
sorry guys here is some more info for all you believers out there.

Disney's Magic Kingdom - Lake Buena Vista - Haunted Mansion - Hundreds of people visit the Haunted Mansion in Disneyworld every day. In fact, it holds a record for being the most visited Dark ride and Disney Imagineers worked hard using old magician tricks to create these illusions. What they may not have known was that there are now several real ghosts haunting the place.
In the early 1950s Walt Disney and one of his top Imagineers Ken Anderson began working on the idea of a walk through haunted house. The inspiration came from a Disney cartoon about the Headless Horseman. The visitor was to enter a New England style house and follow the story through the attraction until it reached a climax in a graveyard scene.
Anyone who has visited the attraction knows that ideas changed and Disney and Anderson developed a New Orleans style house that the visitor rides through on a "Doombuggy". It does, however, retain the graveyard scene form the original plans.
Construction of the building was put on hold in 1962, but halted in 1966 when Walt Disney died. The designers were in a quandary as Walt had not finished the planning. For a few years the public could see the frame of the building poking over the construction fence. Urban legends surfaced about how the ride was being re-designed because it was so scary that it supposedly caused a man to have a heart attack. The attraction finially opened in 1969.
While the building was built on property that had no previous construction on it, it did manage to attract someone who had died nearby. In the 1940s a man who had been piloting a small plane crashed in a lake near where the park was to be built later. His ghost has settled into the Haunted Mansion. Referred to by Cast Members (employees) as "the man with the cane" he is often seen late at night, especially after closing.

So the headline says Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista but the HM they're talking about is the New Orleans style manor in Disneyland. Also, all the dates mentioned are before WDW ever opened. So this website loses all credibility with me.

BigNorm

Took the Keys tour a few years ago and asked my tour guide if the rumours about Pirates were true. He looked at me and grinned, then he replied, "You mean about George?" Then he told me the whole story, it almost seemed rehearsed. I've asked several various cast members about George before and since and most of them believe. There's gotta be something going on in that building even if it isn't haunted, but personally, I believe.

DisneyDellsDude

So the headline says Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista but the HM they're talking about is the New Orleans style manor in Disneyland. Also, all the dates mentioned are before WDW ever opened. So this website loses all credibility with me.

I believe, but it's hard to pinpoint where a story has come from. I have heard the ash spreading rumor for both WDW's HM and DL's HM. Heck, I even heard that it happened at PotC!:eek:

George's story is the only that can be pinpointed at WDW's PotC from all the cast member accounts.

Neat stuff.:cool:

raven

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]At the Tower of Terror, employees murmur about a ghost that is said to walk about the premises when visitors are not present. When he is spotted, he is usually walking in the wrong direction and does not respond when his name is called. Soon after, he disappears.[/FONT]

How do they know his name? And if he doesn't respond then maybe they are calling the wrong name. :lol:

MagliteL13

I believe, but it's hard to pinpoint where a story has come from. I have heard the ash spreading rumor for both WDW's HM and DL's HM. Heck, I even heard that it happened at PotC!:eek:

George's story is the only that can be pinpointed at WDW's PotC from all the cast member accounts.

Neat stuff.:cool:

There are three others I can think of regarding WDW PotC. One of them, you so much as to say her name and she'll cause the ride to stop. George keeps her in line most of the time. I choose to not post her name because it's a name that PotC (and most Ad/Lib) CMs do not say inside Pirates. If you think you might know who I'm talking about, her name begins with an 'M'.

BTW, George has a Myspace.

At tower, I don't really sense anything and haven't seen or heard anything--aside from our usual visitors. ;) We'll see today.

Since1976

"I see dead men telling no tales. They don't know that they're dead. They only see what they wanna see. But they're loved by their mommies and dads."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom