Is PotC really going to stop being PC?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
There is a rumor that when Pirates reopens, they are going to change it back to where the Pirates chased the women and stop being PC. But a pin that is coming out in July shows that that scene with a woman peering out the barrel is now swithced to Jack Sparrow

wdw_july2006.htm

so since they a getting rid of the woman hiding in the barrel because her dress was stolen off of her, Pirates still might be PC. Any thoughts

napnet

darthjohnny said:
But a pin that is coming out in July shows that that scene with a woman peering out the barrel is now swithced to Jack Sparrow

I don't think thats them being PC as much as changing elements of the movie to fit in with the ride.

Buried20KLeague

Jack is hiding from Barbossa's crew in the barrel. That change doesn't have anything to do with the girl that was in there, she's just an unfortunate casualty in the change to the new adjusted storyline of PoTC.

1disneydood

People go to WDW to get away from "the real world", so I doubt that we'll see the ride become non-PC, or become a real demonstration of pirate life. Can you imagine the looks on the faces of parents and kids if they made the ride true to life? :eek: Heck, I know the movie was a far cry reality, or at least a far cry from how these pirates (hard criminals stuck on a boat with nothing but men) acted.

This gives me a great idea for a house at HHN. :D :animwink: :animwink:

brich

1disneydood said:
People go to WDW to get away from "the real world", so I doubt that we'll see the ride become non-PC, or become a real demonstration of pirate life. Can you imagine the looks on the faces of parents and kids if they made the ride true to life? :eek:
It's bad enough that I have to explain to my kids about alcoholism and public drunkeness, never mind the firing of guns at each other. Just imagine if I had to explain the degradation of women back then as well...:lookaroun

CaptainMichael

brich said:
It's bad enough that I have to explain to my kids about alcoholism and public drunkeness, never mind the firing of guns at each other. Just imagine if I had to explain the degradation of women back then as well...:lookaroun
Well, they have to find out about it eventually. Better at a Disney park than experiencing it for real.

a2grafix

you mean this one? Not sure if it looks like Captain Jack, though. Does the pirate below look like Barbosa? Not sure.

wdw_jack_barrel_060606.jpg

T-1MILLION

Dang. Does not look like Barbossa to me, just the same old pirate playing the part of Barbosa's gang of pirates. Although I would put money on it that there is jack in the barrel. Sad to me that another classic scene had to change.:(

iheartdisney91

ok first of all if they got rid of that girl in the barrel im going to be upset because she was the original thing! and i dont think she was naked because she had on a hat and it looked like the starting of her dress.(well in wdw) i hope they make it so the pirates are chasing the girls. that is cool lol:lol:

KevinPage

So the little girl who comes out of the barrell is being replaced.

I kept getting thrown for a loop when people reffered to the "woman" being replaced.

It's a little girl with blonde curls people :lol: :lol: :lol:

shaelyn

iheartdisney91 said:
and i dont think she was naked because she had on a hat and it looked like the starting of her dress.(well in wdw)

The pirate in front of her used to be holding a lacy something and wondering where the girl went. She was hiding from him in the barrel, presumably naked. It was PCed up :)

JROK

So what happened to "enhancing" the attraction and not really changing it? That little girl was a big part of the attraction, a lot of guests' favorite, as well as important enough to have her own toy... Why don't they change the lady in the red dress to Kiera Knightly's character, and remove the dog in the jail scene too? :lookaroun

Eviltom

JROK said:
So what happened to "enhancing" the attraction and not really changing it? That little girl was a big part of the attraction, a lot of guests' favorite, as well as important enough to have her own toy... Why don't they change the lady in the red dress to Kiera Knightly's character, and remove the dog in the jail scene too? :lookaroun

They would never get rid off "The Red Head". The Red Head and The Jail Dog are two off the most popular POTC figures on the ride and in the movie. But then again, I am not sure if they are keeping the dog or not in the new jail scene.

RalphieN

brich said:
It's bad enough that I have to explain to my kids about alcoholism and public drunkeness,
you should probably skip Universal altogether.

brich said:
never mind the firing of guns at each other.
don't all kids play "guns" anymore?

brich said:
Just imagine if I had to explain the degradation of women back then as well...
probably should throw out your TV as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom