Is Pirates too scary?

Since1994

Random question - On rides like POTC are you able to have children of 1-2 years on your lap or do they have to sit on the seats?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Random question - On rides like POTC are you able to have children of 1-2 years on your lap or do they have to sit on the seats?
I went on it with my youngest when she was just 10 days old so yes that is OK. One of the best devices for rides like these are those harnesses that hold your baby on your chest. It will leave your hands free and give your little one a little better view.

Darcy

Drop

You say the drop is at the begining?

Is there a way to know it is coming?
I remember getting VERY upset on the ride as a little kid but it was because the little drop took me by surprise.
Can you compare it to any other drops?

Our kids are 6.
We did not take them on POTC when they were 3.
We have one kids who is NOT afraid of the dark. Is bugging me that she wants to go on the Snow White ride. She is a bit more scared of roller coasters, etc.
The other child is afraid of the dark and I am worried about taking him on a dark ride like Snow White but he LOVES roller coasters.

lilclerk

You say the drop is at the begining?

Is there a way to know it is coming?
I remember getting VERY upset on the ride as a little kid but it was because the little drop took me by surprise.
Can you compare it to any other drops?

Our kids are 6.
We did not take them on POTC when they were 3.
We have one kids who is NOT afraid of the dark. Is bugging me that she wants to go on the Snow White ride. She is a bit more scared of roller coasters, etc.
The other child is afraid of the dark and I am worried about taking him on a dark ride like Snow White but he LOVES roller coasters.
The drop is very small, as someone said it's similar to a playground slide. It is dark, so just let them know that. The rest of the ride is very fun.
The drop comes right after the skeleton with the seagull on its head on the left side. You see that, go around a corner to the left and down the drop.
If he's really scared of the dark you may want to re-think Snow White. I only went on it once 4 years ago, but from what I recall it would be pretty scary for a kid who doesn't like the dark. Ask him when you get there to see how he feels.

dragongirl

I went on it with my youngest when she was just 10 days old so yes that is OK. One of the best devices for rides like these are those harnesses that hold your baby on your chest. It will leave your hands free and give your little one a little better view.

My daughter was six weeks when she first went on Pirates. I used one of those baby carriers that Master Yoda mentions. For me, the tricky part of the ride with a baby or toddler is getting in and out of the boat. I even used a carrier just for this when my daughter was a year old just so I could have my hands free for balance.

jennc2001

my son was 18 months the first time we rode pirates and he LOVED it! he had to ride it 2 more times when we were there and we rode it at least 5 times last year. we've planned a trip for this september and he's already asking about it!! :)

Even though this is an old thread, I'll give my 2 cents. Last year my daughter was almost 2 and she went on it and liked it alot, but my 4 year old stayed behind w/ Nana and Grampy because he didn't even like the hallway leading up to getting on the boat. So I really think it depends on the child and their personality.

DTM93

i don't think PotC is too scary for a 2 year old but then again im not 2 nor can i remember what life was like when i was 2 lol. but you might want to stay clear of snow white....i do remember that ride scared the dickens out of me when i was little and i don't think i've been on it since i was in 4th grade and now im a sophomore in college lol

I don't like that Snow White ride either and I am 14! :lol:

princessmommy

Original Poster
Well he rode pirates and loved it!! I love the Jack Sparrow addition, maybe it is just for the moms!!! Anyway you all are right the only thing that scared him was the snow white ride!!

Nemo14

Glad he liked it! I've seen kids totally terrified on it too, so it all depends on the child. I know for my son's first experience, I spent most of the ride pointing out all the little animals on the sides to keep him amused.

Erika

I've been wondering about this myself as we're hoping to take ours on the DL version soon. Friends and family I've talked to say their 2 year olds have done great, so that is reassuring. Ours loves pirates and is not afraid of the dark or of thunderstorms or much of anything, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom