Is Pirate Princess Party Worth It??

jcooch21

My family and I are going to WDW next week!!! We are debating if we should go to p&P party the night we get there. It is 4 adults 17yr boy, 12 yr girl, 5 yr girl. Is it worth all the money? And what exactly goes on there?

joanna71985

My family and I are going to WDW next week!!! We are debating if we should go to p&P party the night we get there. It is 4 adults 17yr boy, 12 yr girl, 5 yr girl. Is it worth all the money? And what exactly goes on there?

Oh definitely!! The party is a lot of fun. The parade is good, the fireworks are amazing, and the ride lines are pretty short. Overall it is a lot of fun!

Upvote 0

jtwyatt

I would say YES..YES...YES... The Fireworks are awsome (I love wishes...it is just night to see something different), the park attendance is controled so the there is little to no wait for the attractions, the parade is good, not great, and the kids love the themeing to the night. All and all we have been to a couple of the nights and highly recomend it.

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

I'm not at all a fireworks/parade person. I would much rather ride rides while others watch them. I tend to have a short attention span for those things and all fireworks look the same to me after 3 minutes. But the P&P Party fireworks were INCREDIBLE. I've never enjoyed fireworks as much as I did those. The parade was pretty good too. I say if you have the extra money to spend, it's worth it.

We didn't really get dressed up because we decided last minute and we did it in August, so I didn't want to wear a heavy costume. We just made t shirts with iron on transfers with funny Pirate phrases (ie: "To err is human but to ARR is pirate!") We saw people dressed in total garb and others wearing their everyday clothes.

Lines were pretty good, but not totally empty/walk on. It's the extra stuff that makes it worth it. Good luck deciding!

ETA: another tip. There is a "treasure map" to follow and get "goodies." Don't do this first. The lines at the spots are long at first. Wait to do this until later and the lines at the "X" spots will shorten. It's just plastic beads and chocolate anyway.

Upvote 0

adartaylor

Questions about P & P

Heading to our first P and P. I have a couple of questions. . .
Some have posted recently that they didn't even give any bags out for the threasure and that they had stopped giving chocolate. Any truth to these rumors?
Some have also posted that the strollers are complimentary during the party. With the drastic increase in prices, I wasn't betting on this one. Any truth to that?
What does the treasure consist of for the kids?

Thanks for any help. Any recommendations to make the party great?:wave:

Upvote 0

skeeder

I would say it is worth it for the fireworks alone. The parade was good also. The only other thing we got to do was the Pirate Tutorial with Captain Jack Sparrow and that was good. After that we were tired and went back to the resort. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

I really enjoyed Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party but I must confess...I was a bit disappointed. I absolutely love MNSSHP and MVMCP and I was expecting MP&PP to be an event party on par with them but it fell a little short for me. For me, I just didn't feel as enveloped in the theme as I do at the other event parties, it just didn't feel as exciting or festive. While I really enjoyed the Enchanted Adventures Parade, it pales in comparison to Mickey's Boo To You Parade, which in my opinion is the best parade EVER! It has moments of greatness, particularly the pirate float with Elizabeth Swan swinging all around the ship on a rope, the undead pirates were pretty cool too. Overall though, it just wasn't as exciting as Boo To You.

Music, Magic and Mayhem did not disappoint at all, it was amazing. While it doesn't pack the emotional punch of Wishes it is still probably the best fireworks display at WDW, at least on a technical level. The part at the end when Hook attacks the castle and you actually see explosions on the castle is absolutely breathtaking and must be seen to fully appreciate it. I still think I like Hallowishes better though.

The Pirate Tutorial was a blast and the guy playing Jack Sparrow was spot on. I really wanted to catch the Pirate Band but, alas, was never able to.

Is it worth it? I have mixed emotions about it. I loved it but it just didn't pack the punch that the other event parties do IMHO. I can easily say, without hesitation that MNSSHP and MVMCP are worth every penny but I just don't know that I can say that about MP&PP.

I'll still probably do it again though.:D

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Some have posted recently that they didn't even give any bags out for the threasure and that they had stopped giving chocolate. Any truth to these rumors?
Some have also posted that the strollers are complimentary during the party. With the drastic increase in prices, I wasn't betting on this one. Any truth to that?

We had never done any special parties before but had lots of fun at the P and P on May 9. I don't know about the free strollers, but the pirate treasure was just beads and gems, no chocolate that we saw (and my little princesses would have been all over that). As others have said the parade was ok but the fireworks were really special.

Upvote 0

manatee74

They give you the goodie bags at your first X. No chocolate this year AND NO RAISINS YEAH! They gave really nice "gems" like the ones you can get after you get off pirates. this years party was a little disapointing. Maybe cause weve done it before. Price went up. No free locker or stroller rentals this year either. But well worth the price for the I met jack sparrow photopass pix.

Upvote 0

KHockett

Definitely. The cost is cheaper than a regular day in the park, and you get to see everything. When we went the lines were walk on...I couldn't believe walking onto Space Mountain - it was awesome! The parade was great and the fireworks were beautiful. But mostly it is worth it because of the small crowds.

Upvote 0

jtwyatt

There were no chocolates at the last one we went to. Beeds and Gems were what the treasures were, and the ace out little black treasure bas to collect them in. I am not sure about the stollers either, but you would think with the prices they are charging durring regular hours, they could afford to spread some good will with some free stroller time at the special parties.

Upvote 0

imamouse

I really enjoyed Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party but I must confess...I was a bit disappointed. I absolutely love MNSSHP and MVMCP and I was expecting MP&PP to be an event party on par with them but it fell a little short for me. For me, I just didn't feel as enveloped in the theme as I do at the other event parties, it just didn't feel as exciting or festive. While I really enjoyed the Enchanted Adventures Parade, it pales in comparison to Mickey's Boo To You Parade, which in my opinion is the best parade EVER! It has moments of greatness, particularly the pirate float with Elizabeth Swan swinging all around the ship on a rope, the undead pirates were pretty cool too. Overall though, it just wasn't as exciting as Boo To You.

Music, Magic and Mayhem did not disappoint at all, it was amazing. While it doesn't pack the emotional punch of Wishes it is still probably the best fireworks display at WDW, at least on a technical level. The part at the end when Hook attacks the castle and you actually see explosions on the castle is absolutely breathtaking and must be seen to fully appreciate it. I still think I like Hallowishes better though.

The Pirate Tutorial was a blast and the guy playing Jack Sparrow was spot on. I really wanted to catch the Pirate Band but, alas, was never able to.

Is it worth it? I have mixed emotions about it. I loved it but it just didn't pack the punch that the other event parties do IMHO. I can easily say, without hesitation that MNSSHP and MVMCP are worth every penny but I just don't know that I can say that about MP&PP.

Well put - I agree completely! One thing that gave me a chuckle during the parade was the appearance of the pride rock float from a past parade now presented as Captain Jack's lair (only the float is turned around). I'm not complaining - I'm glad to see WDW reuse a float and save some money.

I also missed the Pirate Band, but heard they were fantastic. Too bad, 'cos I doubt there will be a next time for me. I'm OK with MNSSHP & MVMCP, but to run a hard-ticketed event from Jan - June is way over the top (IMO).

Upvote 0

Philo

I loved if (if only for the small crowds and brilliant fireworks) but I have to admit that I didn't enjoy the parade all that much and as others have said, it perhaps wasn't as immersive as I had imagined.

Having said that, I would defiantly go again

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

We just did our very first MP&PP this past Friday, May 16th. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I've done the MNSSHP and loved it. I was not impressed by the beads and gems. No candy to be found. Speaking with a few cast members that we know, they say that last years parties were much better and that Disney had cut waaaaaaay back this year. I thought the parade was just so, so. Love the fireworks however. As an annual passholder and a resort guest, I think I do better with the EMH. However, I'd definitely do the MSSHP again!

Upvote 0

cooleo

Now I'm having second thoughts about this event. We will be there in January & was considering this option, but now I am not so sure if I want to do it. I have been to MVMCP for 3 or 4 years straight & I have a feeling I will be very disappointed with P & P Party. :confused:

Upvote 0

NikonJim

Go for the NO CROWDS!

My wife and I attended the P&PP on April 1st and had a blast! Since we were on a "business trip" we were able to just spend the afternoon and evening at the Magic Kingdom. We walked right on to any ride we chose. I think the most we waited was about 5 minutes on Peter Pan. It also rained that evening and while the fireworks was delayed a bit, I was able to take some great pictures of the show with practically no one in the streets. We did go on the "booty hunt" for trinkets and beads and was rewarded with many strands of mardi gras type beads, some candy, and a paper "burger king" type crown. I would definitely attend again just for the lack of the crowds at the attractions and being able to shop in the stores without the chaos and pandimonium the we tolerate in the normal times. YO HO, GO GO, The Pirate Party for 2.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
All these events are the same, some nights can be great and others its like its holiday weekends.

Go for the spectacle and special events, just dont bank on walk on rides.

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

All these events are the same, some nights can be great and others its like its holiday weekends.

Go for the spectacle and special events, just dont bank on walk on rides.

Well put. There are few guarantees for anything at WDW (unfortunate but true.) No one can tell you if you will be disappointed because as they say "your mileage may vary." If you have some extra space in your budget, go for it. Make the best of it. If you go into it worrying about being disappointed, it's likely that you will be.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom