Is Photopass worth it..

SJFPKT

We got our 10 day out $50.00 off Photopass e-mail the other day and I was wondering if ya'll think it is worth it to buy it? I haven't been at the park longer than 3 days since they started photopass but since we were going for 8 days I thought it might be worth it this time. Any thoughts?

_Scar

With regular cameras taking amazing shots like we see in the WDW picture of the day threads then I'd say buying a decent camera is worth it.

If you're a couple, yea, sorry. I have no advice but to just pay for photopass.

Upvote 0

dizzney

Yes, we always get photopass pictures and this last trip when we were there NYE, we took our 2010 christmas picture in the Studios at the Osborne Lights, came out great,

Upvote 0

rpk4444

I love it.
I have two young children and I am the "One with the camara" so my biggest complaint when we come home is that I'm not in many of the pictures with my kids.
Photopass gets rid of that problem for me. The $100 bucks is worth it. My kids are only young once and I want to have picture of me with them.

Upvote 0

hrmom26

i love photo pass and would definitely buy the cd ahead of time if i could figure out how to do that lol

the first time i went to disney i did not do the photopass and i used my own camera {at the time not a digital lol } and i remember the only princess my daughter wanted to see was ariel and we waited forever but got her moment with the princess waited with bated breath at home for the pictures to come back to see this momentous ocation...and the picture was barley viewable

my daughter was crushed

now i always use photopass lol

Heather

Upvote 0

SJFPKT

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice. I think I will try it and if it doesn't work then next time I won't. I figured I will give it a try since it is my sons first trip. I would hate to miss out and when I get home already have blown all my money at the World. Plus since he is 19 Months old it will make us slow down and take time to hit up the Photographers

To those of you that said you didn't get the e-mail, check your e-mail you get 10 days out from Disney Destinations that says "Your Disney Vacation is almost here _____ Family." It is in the middle column near the bottom. Has a fast pass logo and says something about save 50.00

Upvote 0

TxNewsies

I love this thread. DH really wants to prepurchase photopass for our trip this summer and I have been a little hesitant but not anymore after all the replies.

However, I do have a question. How does it work when you pre-purchase? Many of you mentioned adding characters and borders and such to pictures. Is this something you do there or at home when you are logged in to your photopass? How do you get the cd of pictures? These are probably silly quesitons but I've done done it before.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I love this thread. DH really wants to prepurchase photopass for our trip this summer and I have been a little hesitant but not anymore after all the replies.

However, I do have a question. How does it work when you pre-purchase? Many of you mentioned adding characters and borders and such to pictures. Is this something you do there or at home when you are logged in to your photopass? How do you get the cd of pictures? These are probably silly quesitons but I've done done it before.

Thanks!

Yes, you can add the borders etc. when you get home, or if you have a laptop with you, you could do it when you get back to your room.

You will get a coupon code so that when you get home and look at all your pictures, add your borders, and are ready to order you just make an order then add your coupon code. It will take of the price and show that you owe nothing for the purchase. Then, they will send your cd to you.

It really works quite slickly!

Upvote 0

TxNewsies

Yes, you can add the borders etc. when you get home, or if you have a laptop with you, you could do it when you get back to your room.

You will get a coupon code so that when you get home and look at all your pictures, add your borders, and are ready to order you just make an order then add your coupon code. It will take of the price and show that you owe nothing for the purchase. Then, they will send your cd to you.

It really works quite slickly!

Thanks so much! That does sound easy enough and awesome! I definitely want to do this!

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

We do pre-order the photo pass cd. We have tons of great pictures, that the whole family is in. BUT....IMO the photo pass cd is like the dining plan...you have to work it to make it worth while. We always have between 200 and 250 pics on it and most are really good.

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

We didn't get it the last time we were there but I may try to talk my hubby in to this go round since we are going to MNSSHP...

That said, does anyone know where to get the information on ALL the special pics? (tink, simba, hook, hm carriage, etc.)

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We've used the photopass before. but we found that by just handing our camera to the CM, that we got just as good pictures. Often we''d have to wait while a CM was taking pictures or couldn't find a CM to take pictures so we just stopped using the Photopass.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

We've used the photopass before. but we found that by just handing our camera to the CM, that we got just as good pictures. Often we''d have to wait while a CM was taking pictures or couldn't find a CM to take pictures so we just stopped using the Photopass.

We will usually do that in addition to the photopass, so that at least one of the pictures has a good chance of being great! :lol:

Sometimes I'm just too lazy to hand my camera over though and just trust the photopass person. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Mr.Skunkape

We do the photopass CD every trip, we always go for ten days, and by the time we do a standard set of pictures, a set with several kinds of borders, and my favorite a set of black and white pictures we have about 800 to 1000 pictures that we can choose from to develope. As they let you have as many pictures as you want on your CD or set of CDs you are crazy not to take one photo and get it with 4 different borders on it. Also by having them on the CD you can store them and not worry about losing them if you computer crashes or worse.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom