Is Paleo possible at WDW?

RWilliams

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi there,
I just started the whole30 and I'm fascinated by the paleo concept. So it got me thinking, what do people who eat a paleo diet do when they are at Disney? Anyone have any thoughts, experiences or anecdotes about attempting to eat a paleo diet at Disney?

Mukta

Turkey legs for sure!

Really, it would be the same stuff you eat at any restaurant. Grilled meat with veggies. They have that at almost every table service place.

Figgy1

Premium Member
No problem all cs places have a book with ingredients and all TS places can do something meat and veggies only. You can add that you're low carb to your ADRS

RWilliams

Premium Member
Original Poster
Does any one have any first hand experience on attempting to stay paleo on a Disney trip? I think it would be just about impossible. You could do OK if you were careful but I'm sure the meat at sit down restaurants is cooked with a vegetable oil of some kind, counter service is really out of the question. Sugar, dairy, soy and gluten make their way into just about everything!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Does any one have any first hand experience on attempting to stay paleo on a Disney trip? I think it would be just about impossible. You could do OK if you were careful but I'm sure the meat at sit down restaurants is cooked with a vegetable oil of some kind, counter service is really out of the question. Sugar, dairy, soy and gluten make their way into just about everything!
No worries at TS just ask them to steam, bake or grill! They will prepare food that's not on the menu. Disney is also used to the top allergens so qs will also be doable. Their special diets department is used to all types of requests. Clam down you won't go hungry. Some menus have gluten free items on the menus. I'm vegan and never had any problems at all. My ds can't have dairy, eggs or sugar and never had any problems. Relax you'll be fine!

Last edited:

RWilliams

Premium Member
Original Poster
No worries at TS just ask them to steam, bake or grill! They will prepare food that's not on the menu. Disney is also used to the top allergens so qs will also be doable. Their special diets department is used to all types of requests. Clam down you won't go hungry. Some menus have gluten free items on the menus. I'm vegan and never had any problems at all. My ds can't have dairy, eggs or sugar and never had any problems. Relax you'll be fine!
Thanks, that's helpful. :D I'm new to the clean eating "bandwagon" and I'm concerned about slipping up beyond a treat here or there. I guess my biggest concern is that my dietary restrictions aren't a matter of life and death. It's certainly a matter of my health but I'm not allergic to any of the things I avoid. I guess I just feel bad taking up the chef's time to talk to me and prepare my food specially when its a lifestyle choice and not something I'm forced into due to a medical condition. I used to roll my eyes when people would talk about being gluten free (by choice) or paleo thinking it was a silly fad so I guess I worry that I'll be on the receiving end of that type of judgement as well. I'm about 16 days into my whole30 so rather than risk eating something off plan I've just been making all my own food at home but I need to transition back into the real world at some point. I'm an Orlando local, we visit the parks at least once a week. I want to feel like I'm prepared should I have to grab something to eat in the park. Thanks for your help!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks, that's helpful. :D I'm new to the clean eating "bandwagon" and I'm concerned about slipping up beyond a treat here or there. I guess my biggest concern is that my dietary restrictions aren't a matter of life and death. It's certainly a matter of my health but I'm not allergic to any of the things I avoid. I guess I just feel bad taking up the chef's time to talk to me and prepare my food specially when its a lifestyle choice and not something I'm forced into due to a medical condition. I used to roll my eyes when people would talk about being gluten free (by choice) or paleo thinking it was a silly fad so I guess I worry that I'll be on the receiving end of that type of judgement as well. I'm about 16 days into my whole30 so rather than risk eating something off plan I've just been making all my own food at home but I need to transition back into the real world at some point. I'm an Orlando local, we visit the parks at least once a week. I want to feel like I'm prepared should I have to grab something to eat in the park. Thanks for your help!
Your welcome, Calm down the CMs won't look at you funny or even ask why you're eating a certain way and so what if a stranger looks at you funny, they don't pay your bills.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom